Father Grigory

K

Kdar

At the end of cht 6, I so pity him, when he died. ;(

He looked like somewhere from Gergia or Armenia.

He is my favorite chart. from game.

Watch carefully- he doesn't die! :D If you wait long enough he runs into the tomb and hides. Although some have claimed that, sometimes, he steps into the flames and burns to death :(

I finished the game twice, and didn't see him die either time, although I was worried he might! The first time he battled some, then ran into the tomb, the second time around, ran there immediately and slaughtered all zombies one by one.

Yeah, we don't really know whether or not he died in the end. And we probably won't ever know, too.

yeah... maybe he died but he's clever enough to escape that rumble... so maybe he is still alive.

My Grigory just stood at the lift, then he ran back to the gates where we came into the cemetary.

tht gregory guy is freaky.. kept mumbling about his "children" (those headcrabs and zombies)

blanked said:
tht gregory guy is freaky.. kept mumbling about his "children" (those headcrabs and zombies)

Priests often refer to the members of their church as their children, much like jesus said that we are all gods children etc etc.

Gregory, is a twisted local priest, who in stead of fleeing decided to stay behind in ravenholm and fight the evil there. In a sense him refering to them as his children (or members of his church) and talking about "turning" them, is him ironizing and mocking the whole situation. His humor and irony is probably all he has left.

Dipso said:
Priests often refer to the members of their church as their children, much like jesus said that we are all gods children etc etc.

Gregory, is a twisted local priest, who in stead of fleeing decided to stay behind in ravenholm and fight the evil there. In a sense him refering to them as his children (or members of his church) and talking about "turning" them, is him ironizing and mocking the whole situation. His humor and irony is probably all he has left.
Yeah, true :thumbs:

So he stayed at Ravenholm for many years just to fight those zombies? kinda heroic... that's why I like him.

Sid Burn said:
So he stayed at Ravenholm for many years just to fight those zombies? kinda heroic... that's why I like him.
Well, he is slightly mental....brother :rolling:

He is a bit mad, yes, but he's right somewhat when he says that he "salvates" or "saves" the zombies. Remember their screams "god help me", and the hosts are probably in a lot of pain all the time, so it's better to be dead than to be such a zombie.

The headcrabs are his parish and he believes that throught the power of God, he may liberate them from their mucusy cocoon.

Solver said:
He is a bit mad, yes, but he's right somewhat when he says that he "salvates" or "saves" the zombies. Remember their screams "god help me", and the hosts are probably in a lot of pain all the time, so it's better to be dead than to be such a zombie.

they also scream 2 things that sounds VERY MUCH like danish!

¨Hjælp mig¨ = ¨Help me¨

¨Jeg kan ikke se¨ = ¨I can't see¨

it sounds creepy... :bonce:

They also say stuff that sounds like Hebrew... but that only sounds like it. One sound can't be every language, you know... but the fact that it's god help me reversed is true, and then it's a nice coincidence that you can also hear some other stuff in their moans ;).

I hang for a few minutes and help ol, Preacher by picking off more zombies from the other side of the fence! Good target practice before you head into the mines!

Kapitan Helion said:
Yeah?... But he could still pop you're head off miles away ;)..

*gulp*

*reloads crossbow and builds fort out of crates*

About what the zombies say: like I can only understand ONE thing, that those skinny little zombies say: AAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!

When I set a normal zombie on fire I thought it said "Oh, God, why?"

They say when played forward.
"*whine*...hear my...by alowing me"
And backward
"Oh God help, help me *agghhh*"

wow i never noticed that! sorta makes me want to play through it again just to hear them moan and scream..

zombie flesh?

When I left him he just stood at the gate getting mauled by like 20 zombies. Even though he was repeatedly getting hit he didn't flinch or die. He just went on reloading his shotgun and shot them one by one, only they kept spawning. Invincible priest vs never ending horde = boring battle.

Combine Hybrid said:
I what the hell does he eat all days in ravenholm fighting off the zombies?
Probably headcrabs. There is a headcrab eating vortigaunt in Water Hazard but I don't have a screenshot.

Solver said:
They also say stuff that sounds like Hebrew... but that only sounds like it. One sound can't be every language, you know... but the fact that it's god help me reversed is true, and then it's a nice coincidence that you can also hear some other stuff in their moans ;).

Realy?thats intresting..im from Isreal ..:)
why they say that it sounds like Hebrew?

If you look through some of the system files,in the dll folder. you'll find that he acuttally carries a elephant gun.
look under
monster_monk and
weapon_monk (i think)

You can actuallly get his gun if you enter in a code but i forgot what it was something about annabelle or something.

An expansion pack depicting the downfall of Ravenholm would be awesome.

Father Grigori was supposed to survive, the fact that he burns in the flames now and then is true ive seen it myself :'(

Father Grigori for the new expansion!!!

He doesn't burn in the flames. He stands in them or behind them and shoots zombies while they get set on fire.

Sam2k said:
He doesn't burn in the flames. He stands in them or behind them and shoots zombies while they get set on fire.

He burns in the flames and dies, its a glitch

Personally i think hes russian.

Grigori said:
He burns in the flames and dies, its a glitch

Personally i think hes russian.

no kiddin :)?
hes Russian..almost sure!

Back