Favorite Bands

Rude Ken

Reaction score
Post your favorite bands here. If I see any My Chemical Romance, I am going to ****ing kill you and rape your eye sockets.

My favorites (Caution, Really ****ing long):

Anti-Flag,AC-DC, Against All Authority, Akala, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Brains, Bandits Of the Acoustic Revolution, Beastie Boys, Big D and the Kids Table, Billy Idol, Black Flag, Black Sabbath, Blink 182, Bloodhound Gang, Bob Marley, Bones Brigade, Bruce Lee Band, Catch 22, Choking Victim, CKY, Comon Rider, Dead Kennedys, Dance Hall Crashers, Dropkick Murphys, Five Iron Frenzy, Franz Ferdinand, Goldfinger, Gorilla Biscuits, (old) Green Day, Guns N Roses, Hepcat, I Voted for Kodos, Ice Cube, Iggy Pop, Iron Maiden, Jimmy Hendrix, Kid Rock, Led Zepplin, Lady Sovereign, Kurtis Blow, Leftover Crack, (old) Less Than Jake, Link 80, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Matisyahu, Max Romeo, Michael Jackson, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Minibosses, Minor Threat, Modest Mouse, Motley Crue, Mu330, Mustard Plug, Nerf Herder, No Doubt, NO FX, Operation Ivy, Orgy, Kraftwerk, Outkast, Prodigy, Pulley, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Red Elvises, Reel Big Fish, Refused, River City Rebels, Rob Zombie, Rolling Stones, Run DMC, GrandMaster Flash, Lloyd Banks, Rx Bandits, Save Ferris, Sean Paul, Sex Pistols, Sham 69, Sick Of It All, Skankin Pickle, Smash Mouth, Slap Shot, SNFU, Snoop Dogg, Static X, 50 Cent, Streetlight Manifesto, Suicide Machines, System Of a Down, Ten Foot Pole, The Adolecents, The Aquabats, The Business, The Clash, The Darkness, The Epoxies, The Hives, The Offspring, The PieTasters, The Plant Smashers, The Ramones, The Skatalites, The Specials, The Streets, The Toasters, The Who, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Toy Dolls, Twisted Sister, Unwritten Law, Wu Tang Clan, Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Gnarles Barkley, Desmond Dekker, Public Enemy, The Casualties, H2O, Avantasia, Oi! Scouts, UK Subs, Total Chaos, Madness, Mad Caddies, Authority Zero, Drive Thru Pharmacy, Fishbone, Insane Clown Possie,Voodoo Glow Skulls, English Beat, Nirvana, DragonForce, Castlevania, Bad Boys, The Transplants, Yes, The Ohio Players, Ray Charles Robinson, Johnny Cash, Sepultura, GayRay and The Straights, London Towers, Gogol Bordella, Suburban Legends.

Post away.

Quite an impressive and daunting list. I see RATM, I'm a huge fan too! Zach ftw :D

According to Gerpok:

* Nine Inch Nails 2542
* Boards Of Canada 636
* Orbital 200
* Moby 196
* Tool 112
* Fatboy Slim 96
* Benny Benassi 80
* Filter 78
* Ratatat 78
* Ima Robot 65
* Autechre 61
* Mogwai 53
* Thomas Newman 37
* Aphex Twin 32
* Aqueduct 29
* Simple Minds 29
* Marilyn Manson 28
* Audioslave 26
* Corpse Smoke 26
* Crispin Hellion Glover 26
* Foetus 26
* Ghetto Boys 25

Top plays this month:

* Boards Of Canada 273
* Orbital 200
* Nine Inch Nails 193

Nine Inch Nails
Boards of Canada
Squarepusher
Radiohead
Metric
Alexisonfire
Death From Above 1979
Explosions in the Sky
Gorillaz
Franz Ferdinand
The Flaming Lips
Muse
TV on the Radio
System of a Down

:D

Nine Inch Nails
Boards of Canada
Squarepusher
Radiohead
Metric
Alexisonfire
Death From Above 1979
Explosions in the Sky
Gorillaz
Franz Ferdinand
The Flaming Lips
Muse
TV on the Radio
System of a Down

:D

THATS SOME NICE ****IN SHIT. YOU GET A COOKIE.

Wasn't there already one of these threads made?... Oh well

Falkenbach
Tool
Deftones
Explosions in the Sky
Red Sparrowe
Isis
Nirvana
Fear Factory
Evanescence
Kittie
Immortal Technique(Not really band, but a rapper.)
Metallica
Nevermore
Type O Negative
Oasis
Opeth
Mastodon
Mogwai
Porcupine Tree

These are the bands that I've been listening to the most for the past few months.

What the hell is the point of asking for favorite bands when you're going to post up a million of them.

Favorite artists always come down to a select few. That's why they're favorites. Not everything you listen to.

Jesus Christ, people.

Hey, I was honest. If I took out one of those artists, my music collection wouldn't feel complete. Any artists other than those are, currently, completely ancillary to my collection.

Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Architecture in Helsinki, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes, The Arcade Fire, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Cat Power, Death Cab for Cutie, Elbow, Fiona Apple, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, Oasis, Stellastarr, Velvet Underground, Yo La Tengo.

By the way, those are some nice bands Stigmata :)

...I give up.

Favorite artists at the moment are Autechre and Squarepusher.

...I give up.

Favorite artists at the moment are Autechre and Squarepusher.
*frustrated sigh*

FINE. My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE artists are:

Nine Inch Nails
Radiohead
Alexisonfire
Death From Above 1979
Boards of Canada
The Flaming Lips

:p

Surfer: lol @ Fiona Apple (she's good though D: ). I like your tastes.

That's the ticket! You can join my club now. Full of the coolest kids, I assure you.

Aphex Twin.

Also Venetian Snares at the moment.

What the hell is the point of asking for favorite bands when you're going to post up a million of them.

Favorite artists always come down to a select few. That's why they're favorites. Not everything you listen to.

Jesus Christ, people.

Asking me to list only a few artists is like asking me whether I'd rather be blind or deaf: the question is pointless and impossible to answer.

It's just really difficult because you narrow it down to five artists, and then start saying "Aww, but THAT one is almost as good as THIS one... I'll include it! And this OTHER one is just as good..."

It never stops D:

Explosions in the Sky
By the way... they have a new album coming out in February. And... they played some new songs at the El Rey show, which you can find here:
http://www.archive.org/details/eits2006-11-14.aud.flac16
Also, here: http://www.temporaryresidence.com/mp3s/explosions_welcomeghosts.mp4
I'm just waiting for them to get that cd out and then they can come back to Texas and play a show. :)

Other than that...
Sigur Ros, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Silver Mt Zion, Sparrows Swarm and Sing, Lis Er Stille.

Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Soundgarden... that's my favourites.

Post your favorite bands here. If I see any My Chemical Romance, I am going to ****ing kill you and rape your eye sockets.

My favorites (Caution, Really ****ing long):

Anti-Flag,AC-DC, Against All Authority, Akala, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Brains, Bandits Of the Acoustic Revolution, Beastie Boys, Big D and the Kids Table, Billy Idol, Black Flag, Black Sabbath, Blink 182, Bloodhound Gang, Bob Marley, Bones Brigade, Bruce Lee Band, Catch 22, Choking Victim, CKY, Comon Rider, Dead Kennedys, Dance Hall Crashers, Dropkick Murphys, Five Iron Frenzy, Franz Ferdinand, Goldfinger, Gorilla Biscuits, (old) Green Day, Guns N Roses, Hepcat, I Voted for Kodos, Ice Cube, Iggy Pop, Iron Maiden, Jimmy Hendrix, Kid Rock, Led Zepplin, Lady Sovereign, Kurtis Blow, Leftover Crack, (old) Less Than Jake, Link 80, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Matisyahu, Max Romeo, Michael Jackson, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Minibosses, Minor Threat, Modest Mouse, Motley Crue, Mu330, Mustard Plug, Nerf Herder, No Doubt, NO FX, Operation Ivy, Orgy, Kraftwerk, Outkast, Prodigy, Pulley, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Red Elvises, Reel Big Fish, Refused, River City Rebels, Rob Zombie, Rolling Stones, Run DMC, GrandMaster Flash, Lloyd Banks, Rx Bandits, Save Ferris, Sean Paul, Sex Pistols, Sham 69, Sick Of It All, Skankin Pickle, Smash Mouth, Slap Shot, SNFU, Snoop Dogg, Static X, 50 Cent, Streetlight Manifesto, Suicide Machines, System Of a Down, Ten Foot Pole, The Adolecents, The Aquabats, The Business, The Clash, The Darkness, The Epoxies, The Hives, The Offspring, The PieTasters, The Plant Smashers, The Ramones, The Skatalites, The Specials, The Streets, The Toasters, The Who, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Toy Dolls, Twisted Sister, Unwritten Law, Wu Tang Clan, Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Gnarles Barkley, Desmond Dekker, Public Enemy, The Casualties, H2O, Avantasia, Oi! Scouts, UK Subs, Total Chaos, Madness, Mad Caddies, Authority Zero, Drive Thru Pharmacy, Fishbone, Insane Clown Possie,Voodoo Glow Skulls, English Beat, Nirvana, DragonForce, Castlevania, Bad Boys, The Transplants, Yes, The Ohio Players, Ray Charles Robinson, Johnny Cash, Sepultura, GayRay and The Straights, London Towers, Gogol Bordella, Suburban Legends.

Post away.

Congratulations, you win at life (i'll ignore Insane Clown Posse), and for adding Leftover Crack, you are officially awesome.

For my favourites, see highlighted and add:

A Wilhelm Scream
Strike Anywhere
Flogging Molly
Alexisonfire
Alkaline Trio
(early-mid) Rise Against
Sonic Boom Six
Capdown
The King Blues
Rancid
Pink Floyd
Set Your Goals
Mogwai
DJ Shadow
No Comply
Slayer
Lamb of God

I think that more or less covers it.

Explosions in the sky
Sigur ros
Moby
3 doors down
David Gray
The Verve
Incubus
Placebo
Dire Straits
Dredg
Institute
Pink Floyd

They come and go, like for a good year It was Mogwai, At the Drive-In and Primus, then not long ago it was Isis, jesu and Red Sparowes, and now it's more or less Squarepusher, Aphex Twin and Sparta.

I listen to them all, of course, just these are the most recent 'batches'

Asking me to list only a few artists is like asking me whether I'd rather be blind or deaf: the question is pointless and impossible to answer.

It's only as difficult as you want it to be. It's ludicrous to think you like 50 artists equally as your favorites. I don't feel "complete" when I don't list Boards of Canada as favorite artists, but it's not about wether I feel complete or not. It's about wether or not they are my favorites.

Meh. My apologies if I seem pissy about this. But I just hate it when people post walls of text when questions like this come up. I mean, what's the point?

It's only as difficult as you want it to be. It's ludicrous to think you like 50 artists equally as your favorites. I don't feel "complete" when I don't list Boards of Canada as favorite artists, but it's not about wether I feel complete or not. It's about wether or not they are my favorites.

Meh. My apologies if I seem pissy about this. But I just hate it when people post walls of text when questions like this come up. I mean, what's the point?

I agree with you in all honesty. I don't think you're being too pissy either, it's pretty much what I'd have posted :p

This is pretty much going down my top artists list, but I'll explain why I like each, and as you can probably see its quite a diverse list.

Sonata Arctica --Favorite band because of the awesome melodies combined with great lyrics to put it simplistically... I guess I can relate to what they sing about very well.

Dream Theater --Dream Theater is awesome because they do things in such a weird way that they're awesome. If you ever watch mike portnoy doing a video about his playing style you'll know what I mean. Dream Theater - Train of Thought is by far my favorite album followed by Dream Theater - Awake because of the heavy nature of the albums.

E.S. Posthumus is my next favorite band because of their quite "experimental" music that has a very cool rhythm in each song paired with an equally cool orchestra melody.

WarmenIs next up on the list because of their incredible instrumental tracks such as PlayWarmen – Return of Salieri which are simply incredible to listen to.

ApocalypticaIs next, simply put their music is the most "atmospheric" I've ever heard... if that means anything.

Grim Fandango is really great... I've actually listen to it much more than my chart leads on (mp3 player and such). I really love the smooth jazz style the music captures... another bonus is that its free!

John Petrucci is quite amazing on his solo album John Petrucci - Suspended Animation which is all intrumental btw. The style of this album is absolutely stunning, and you gotta love the 7 string guitar on John Petrucci – Jaws of Life

Nightwish has some really cool stuff. I mostly like their songs from Nightwish - Oceanborn and some of their later stuff like Nightwish – Over the Hills and Far Away but some of their stuff inbetween was rather meh from my perspective.

Boston Brass is next up. This is one of the first ones that's really not mainstream at all, which was surprising to me when I found out because I absolutely love their work. They do all sorts of songs with all brass instrumentation (no percussion at all) with seeming ease.... and it sound awesome.

Yngwie Malmsteenis next because he can combine classical music with rock and electric guitars... genius.

"Weird Al" Yankovicif you don't know who he is...hmmm...well find out lol.

Dark Moor first piqued my interest when I heard the bonus track of Vivaldi's Winter that they play... which kind of warmed me up to the rest of their songs which hadn't really interested me for some reason before that.

Tower of Power is kind of an interesting story. The jazz band I was in played 'what is hip?' which I rather liked (this was before I heard the lyrics, but I still like the song) and I like their musical style, but most of the lyrics to their songs I don't really relate to at all... that's why I mostly listen to the instrumental ones they did.

Symphony X has such a unique instrumental sound that I really dig, but like a lot of other bands I don't really like the vocal style... so I just kind of put up with it to listen to the instrumental parts (I like some parts, just not most)

Proteus 7 is another small jazz type band that I actually saw in concert (where I first heard them) who does a lot of great songs in a cool way.

Masterplan should really be much higher on the list... I started scrobbling kind of on the downside of the initial curve of listening to them a ton. I really like both the instrumental kind of heavy goth metal sound they have and the vocal style they have. Great band that's worth a listen.

Chuck Mangione is simpily put one of the great masters of smooth jazz.

eh. right now?

donovan. hot chip. led zep. opeth. jean michel jarre.

Pearl Jam.

The greatest rock band on Earth in the last 15 years.

All hail!

For me:
1. Metallica
2. Nine Inch Nails
3. Iron Maiden
4. Pearly Jam

not going to list anymore as it kinda runs into a long list :E

Garbage

Untouchable, Push It, I Think I'm Paranoid, Lick the Pavement, Special, Wicked Ways

This stuff is timeless.

I hear you. I facepalmed when I saw the first post having 50 bands. There is simply no way all 50 can be your favorite. I'll give you 10. Max. And your music collection better be huge.

Anyway, my favorites would probably be as follows: Nonpoint, The Mars Volta, Flogging Molly, and Guster.

The Slackers, The Aggrolites, The Jam, The Clash, Flip the Switch, The Phenomenauts, The Cranberries, Queen, Nirvana, Too short notice, Operation Ivy, Rancid, The Beatles, The Monkees, Toots and the Maytals, The busters, and probably tons more I'm forgetting.

Bands who I've heard a few songs of and liked- The Pietasters, Mustard Plug, MU330 (I've actually got a CD of theirs...) The Toasters, Mephiskaphales, Undercover SKA, The Specials, The Uptones, Ruder than You(<3), and pretty much everyone on any compilation CD I've heard(except for Ska Sucks, some emo dudes on there...) And Reverend Horton Heat.

Bands I used to like, but don't anymore- The Offspring, Metallica, Green Day, and, uh... evanescence. Shut up, I was 12. Erm... 14.

Radiohead

Nine Inch Nails

Lostprophets (I have, I think 3-4 songs that wasn't from Fake Sound that I like... So its pretty much just the Fake Sound)

Rise Against

Incubus

My Chemical Romance

Our Lady Peace

Taking Back Sunday

The Offspring

The Classic Crime

Boards of Canada

The Pixies
Radiohead
Sonic Youth
Joy Divsion
Tool
Nine Inch Nails (not so much anymore, but I used to listen to them almost nonstop)
Alice in Chains
Nirvana (see: NIN)
Rufus Wainwright
Rilo Kiley
The Velvet Underground
TV on the Radio
Manic Street Preachers
Porcupine Tree
Led Zeppelin.

That sums it up, off the top of my head.

Melvins.

I listen to the Melvins religiously and with almost 30 albums/singles/live albums released it's great trying to find/collect them all. I've only ten so far :(

In no particular order:
-J.M. Jarre
-Vangelis
-Pink Floyd
-Metallica
-Iron Maiden
-Black Sabbath
-Garbage
-Pet Shop Boys
-Depech Mode
-Rammstein

There are others, but these are the ones I'm listening to now.

Back