Favorite G-Man Sightings

Reaction score
Half-Life 2

1. Anti-Citizen One after dog wipes out all those Combine and you enter the tenenment Civil Protection raided in Point Insertion. You go into a lobby type room and see an unplugged TV on a pile of rubble focused on the G-Man with a Raven ontop one of his shoulders before it turns itself off. Spooky:eek:

Half-Life

2. In Unforseen Consequences after you (or during) a pack of Houndeyes for the first time, you see him walk pass above on a walkway and dissapear. When you find the location it turns out it's a dead eye with a zombie and two headcrabs!

3. Opposing Force

At the Boot Camp checking you out before days before the incident. Something is admidst.

Half-Life 2

Anti-Citizen One. On the screen which was about to be brought down by the rebels. Looked awesome.

Half-Life

Can't remember the name of the chapter, but I think it was Office Complex. You walk to a door and G-Man comes by, to tighten his tie, and walk off. The door, obviously, is closed. I found it rather amusing, I remember myself thinking "Who the f... is that guy? And why can't I kill him?" when playing for the first time.

can u all gimme a list of all the times u see him on hl2 cos im plzyin it again soon with good graphics an sound soon so i wanna see him everywhere ......ive only seen him 1ce on hl2 when u look thru the telescope on highway 17

sgtjake said:
can u all gimme a list of all the times u see him on hl2 cos im plzyin it again soon with good graphics an sound soon so i wanna see him everywhere ......ive only seen him 1ce on hl2 when u look thru the telescope on highway 17
Oooh, I can do better than that :p
http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extra.htm

---

HL1: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/hl101.jpg
First reaction, circa 1998: OMG, that guy doesn't have the same model as everyone else! WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!

OP4: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/op409.jpg
G-Man tampers with "the package". That's ok, so long as he keeps away from my package... never trust a Badass G... Man

HL2: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/hl211.jpg
Dodgy music plays as the G-Man appears on a TV... with no power cord :O

Unknown G-man saying: Go head...make me gay!

Another Unknown G-man saying: Gorden...stop playing with my tie!

Another Unknown G-man saying: Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair. If fuzzy wazzy wasn't fuzzy would he be bare??? (Might as well say that cause that's what his statements sound like to me.)

One more Unknown G-man saying: You know in Half-life 1 when you see the G-man and the scientist arguing in the room? Here's what was said:

Scientist: What's in the suit case?

G-man: My mother gave it to me..it was a gift.

Scientist: You're going to have to open it up and let me see what's inside. We need to check every bag to make sure we don't contaminate the lab.

G-man: I already had it checked on the way in...security checked it for me.

Scientist: HA! Our Security had a day of today! You lie to us Mister!

G-man: If I told you, I would have to kill you.

Scientist: Oh..Now you threaten me??! I would be more careful what you say to me if I were you.

G-man: Well if you were me, I'd be you! And I would use your body to get to the top! You can't stop me no matter who you are! LOSER!!

The G-man then disappears and accidently leaves behind his suitcase. The scientist opens it up and finds pictures of his co-worker, Gordon Freeman. Then he finds a note it says: DON'T LET GORDEN FREEMAN GET THE CROWBAR!!

dream431ca said:
Unknown G-man saying: Go head...make me gay!

Another Unknown G-man saying: Gorden...stop playing with my tie!

Another Unknown G-man saying: Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair. If fuzzy wazzy wasn't fuzzy would he be bare??? (Might as well say that cause that's what his statements sound like to me.)

One more Unknown G-man saying: You know in Half-life 1 when you see the G-man and the scientist arguing in the room? Here's what was said:

Scientist: What's in the suit case?

G-man: My mother gave it to me..it was a gift.

Scientist: You're going to have to open it up and let me see what's inside. We need to check every bag to make sure we don't contaminate the lab.

G-man: I already had it checked on the way in...security checked it for me.

Scientist: HA! Our Security had a day of today! You lie to us Mister!

G-man: If I told you, I would have to kill you.

Scientist: Oh..Now you threaten me??! I would be more careful what you say to me if I were you.

G-man: Well if you were me, I'd be you! And I would use your body to get to the top! You can't stop me no matter who you are! LOSER!!

The G-man then disappears and accidently leaves behind his suitcase. The scientist opens it up and finds pictures of his co-worker, Gordon Freeman. Then he finds a note it says: DON'T LET GORDEN FREEMAN GET THE CROWBAR!!

:cheers:

That was quite fun.

Half-Life 2

I would have to agree on Anticitizen One. The one on the big bill board.

Half-Life

The second one. I don't think many people gave him much thought the first time, talking to the scientists. But after the resonance cascade (or something like that) the one where you see him up on that rail intrigued me the most. "How did he survive, and how did he get up there? He doesn't have a weapon or anything."

DannyC. said:
Half-Life 2

I would have to agree on Anticitizen One. The one on the big bill board.

Half-Life

The second one. I don't think many people gave him much thought the first time, talking to the scientists. But after the resonance cascade (or something like that) the one where you see him up on that rail intrigued me the most. "How did he survive, and how did he get up there? He doesn't have a weapon or anything."

When I first saw him there I thought it was a bug that he dissapeared. I was thinking there was gonna be a script where he was gonna get pwned by the zombies.

Then I remembered the Uplink where I was screwing around and shooting everyone...I fired across the control room at the final part where a Garg was gonna wipe everyone out and this guy just would die. So I opened up the Uplink and discovered it was the same guy.

sgtjake said:
can u all gimme a list of all the times u see him on hl2 cos im plzyin it again soon with good graphics an sound soon so i wanna see him everywhere ......ive only seen him 1ce on hl2 when u look thru the telescope on highway 17[/QU

can someone find a good pic with this one ive seen it but i cant see it clearly so can xomeone find a goodpic

HALF-LIFE 2

I liked this one from Water Hazard: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/hl205.jpg

There was something demonic about it. Gave me chills the first time playing.

I guess this one is the same thing: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/hl212.jpg(Anti-Citizen One)

HALF-LIFE

I like this one from the first game because like the other two, it's generally creepy: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/hl108.jpg(Lambda Complex)

OPPOSING FORCE

His apprearences in Opposing Force weren't really that interesting as they were very similar to his sightings in Half-Life. That being said, the two times where he actually does more than just observe you in action are quite interesting: http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/op405.jpg(Welcome to Black Mesa) and http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/gman/extraimg/op409.jpg(The Package).

P.S. Thanks to kupoartist for supplying the pictures. :)

Haha? Is that G-man Arming the Nuclear warhead?
Is he out of his mind or what?

The barn. That was when I first realised he was still following me.

It's pretty interesting when you see him in the control room at the beginning of Power Up, and when you get to the room you find a dying guard. Could there be any relation? Also, I always see him when I'm coming back from school...staring ominously at me. The G-Man is watchng, you know.

My favourite sighting is on Highway 17, through the Combine binocular things. The first time I saw him talking to Cubbage, I distinctly remember thinking "Whats up here?"

My favourite sighting... hmmm...

I'd say there was a section in Half-Life 2, in 'Nova Prospekt'. I was hunting combine, and i walked into a little office. There was a tv on, and i pressed 'e' to switch screens (As you do). Now, there was a boring office one - a couple of antlions biting some combine to death - the gman, standing alone, adjusting his tie and walking off while antlions all around him ran around and didn't attack him....

He's always adjusting his tie. I'd wear a t-shirt if i were him.

Half Life 2:

The part where gmans on that balcony in Water Hazzard and the second you see him, he walks back indoors.

Half Life:

The part where you see him behind that locked door in the office. I just thought "wtf, that guy is diff from the other scientists, he must be like, the boss or something. Better go save hi.. WTF! I'm trying to save you dude, come back!"

And in Half Life, I got to that part where gman is just standing there, and you get to mess with him!

Had fun throwing grenades at him and stuff, but oddly, he makes cardboard sounds when you hit him with a crowbar.

Oh and my second fav HL2 sighting is the one in waterhazard, right after the final chopper battle. I popped out of my airboat and was walking around, and had a creepy feeling. The hair on the back of my neck was standing, and I had goosebumbs. I started frantically looking around myself, and pulled out my magnum for security, then made a run for it. Then a few weeks later, I learned that there was a Gman sighting in the area.

I didn't actually see him, but I got so immersed in the game that I could, believe it or not, sense that something was watching me.

sinkoman said:
Half Life 2:

The part where gmans on that balcony in Water Hazzard and the second you see him, he walks back indoors.

Half Life:

The part where you see him behind that locked door in the office. I just thought "wtf, that guy is diff from the other scientists, he must be like, the boss or something. Better go save hi.. WTF! I'm trying to save you dude, come back!"

And in Half Life, I got to that part where gman is just standing there, and you get to mess with him!

Had fun throwing grenades at him and stuff, but oddly, he makes cardboard sounds when you hit him with a crowbar.

It sounded like metal to me. Even had the sparks fly off of him. My theory is that they mixed up his materials with the four legged forklift and thought it was funny so they just left it that way since you were never supposed to kill either anyways.

Back