Favorite/least favorite character in GTA IV

Saturos

Reaction score
I've just got around to playing this game proper, and just made it to Bohan. I borrowed it last year for a few days from a friend and that's it. Anyways, who's your favorite and least favorite character?

Least favorite:Vlad. That guy was a douchebag.

Favorite character: Little Jacob. Pretty funny to hang around. I noticed when taking him out on man-dates, smoke fills the car your riding in from all that 'herb' and he's always tossing stuff out the window.

That's so far though. Probably some even more annoying characters later in the game.

BTW, I noticed you can't tip the pole dancers at strip clubs like you could in San Andreas.

Little Jacob was ****ing annoying.
"yah rehh me mahn yo gottu get eet ah reaal yo me togetha be brudda, ya hear me Niko?"

TBH I found most of them annoying, but that's mainly because R* are fairly dismal writers when it comes down to it. I'd say Little Jacob was probably the least offensive, but overall they were all so overboard and one dimensional it's hard to say I really cared that much. R* made a great game engine, and a beautifully rendered City, but then managed to destroy that sense of place by wading in the same juvenile waters as the previous titles.

When the games were top down or made using the limitations of the Renderware engine it made sense to go for the satire/humour angle, because the games looked cartoonish. With the RAGE engine, I really think they could of raised their game and gone for something with a bit more wit and subtlety, but it was unfortunately beyond them.

Well I thought Niko was fantastic.

My favorite is by far Brucie. He's hilariously over the top.

Least favorite is Roman. Always begging for help and can't do anything for himself. What a whiny bitch.

Little Jacob for sure, but just because he's a pothead.

Haters don't know about my -Green- Floyd.

TBH I found most of them annoying, but that's mainly because R* are fairly dismal writers when it comes down to it. I'd say Little Jacob was probably the least offensive, but overall they were all so overboard and one dimensional it's hard to say I really cared that much. R* made a great game engine, and a beautifully rendered City, but then managed to destroy that sense of place by wading in the same juvenile waters as the previous titles.

When the games were top down or made using the limitations of the Renderware engine it made sense to go for the satire/humour angle, because the games looked cartoonish. With the RAGE engine, I really think they could of raised their game and gone for something with a bit more wit and subtlety, but it was unfortunately beyond them.
While I agree that the character personalities are mostly one dimensional, I don't agree that the satire should be removed from the GTA universe. It just wouldn't be GTA without it and would seem so bland, just like the GTA clone wannabes like Saint's Row.

In short, I want insanity and absurdity in my games, not realism. I have to put up with f**king realism everyday.

Favourite: Niko - He isn't the same pathetic, too cool for school, sort of player character that's present in most of the other GTA's (i.e Tommy Vercetti, Toni Cipriani, Victor Vance, Johnny Klebitz, Luis Lopez & especially Carl Johnson, I couldn't stand CJ). Niko has such an intriguing backstory I've devoted hours of my life playing through GTA IV over & over just to learn more about him, I've read through his entire wiki page about 100 times, I even have a poster of him staring at me as I right this. I could continue rambling but I won't, I doubt anyone will even read this.

Least favourite: Mikhail Faustin - He's such a bastard to everyone around him. I was surprised Dimitri didn't have him killed earlier, & to be honest I don't blame him for doing so. It didn't seem right to have Dimitri as such a bad person, I actually liked him as a character.

Favourite: Niko - He isn't the same pathetic, too cool for school, sort of player character that's present in most of the other GTA's (i.e Tommy Vercetti, Toni Cipriani, Victor Vance, Johnny Klebitz, Luis Lopez & especially Carl Johnson, I couldn't stand CJ). Niko has such an intriguing backstory I've devoted hours of my life playing through GTA IV over & over just to learn more about him, I've read through his entire wiki page about 100 times, I even have a poster of him staring at me as I right this. I could continue rambling but I won't, I doubt anyone will even read this.

Least favourite: Mikhail Faustin - He's such a bastard to everyone around him. I was surprised Dimitri didn't have him killed earlier, & to be honest I don't blame him for doing so. It didn't seem right to have Dimitri as such a bad person, I actually liked him as a character.
Who the hell are these guys? I've never played any of the spin-offs, (i.e. Liberty City Stories)

Who the hell are these guys? I've never played any of the spin-offs, (i.e. Liberty City Stories)

Victor = Vice City Stories
Toni = Liberty City Stories
Johnny = The Lost & Damned
Luis = Ballad of Gay Tony

Was Victor Vance like Lance Vance's brother or something?

Yes. He's one of the guys that's shot at the very beginning of Vice City, as in like the opening cutscene in which Tommy narrowly escapes death.

That guy Manny is probably the biggest asshole in the game. I hate his whole taking credit for other people's work thing, and every time he spoke I wanted to punch him in the face.
Yeah. Not to mention he kicked me out and drove off in my super-rare Comet during one of his missions and never returned it. Douchebag.

Back