Feels like i'm lagging

R

RTFMy

Hey, ever since I started playing Counter-Strike:Source it seems like i'm lagging but i'm not. My ping is always 40-60, my FPS is usually 60, and I almost never have choke unless its a server problem or a problem with my wireless router that doesn't last any longer than a minute.
What i'm talking about is i'll be running and it feels like its choppy, like i'm really not in the position its showing me in, i'm actually a step behind. Thats about the best way I know how to explain it, something that really irritates me is when I kill somebody, and I shoot them it looks and feels the same way, like they were a step behind or something.

picture of my netgraph : http://www.rtfmish.com/netgraph.jpg

Specs :
AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2500+ (oc 200x11)
512x2mb Corsair XMS PC3200
XTASY 9800 Pro 128mb
Abit NF7-S rev2.0

Settings :
Everything on high
Direct X 9
16x AF
4x AA

the only thing i can think of would be cl_smooth 0
seems to work for me most of the time but i still get choppyness sometimes :/

There is no fix for this as of yet, even though the new update made it a bit better, in my experience it depends on the server.
Though you could try some cl_update or cl_upload ((Don't remember, look for em yourself)) Functions...That usually helps.

I was getting a similar thing in SP hl2, but it went away I think..

definately use cl_smooth 0 mate that will iron out 90% of the laggy issues, also make sure ur rates and that are ok. i also found running any kind of firewall except the windows xp sp2 firewall made me really laggy.

CookieCuttah said:
There is no fix for this as of yet, even though the new update made it a bit better, in my experience it depends on the server.
Though you could try some cl_update or cl_upload ((Don't remember, look for em yourself)) Functions...That usually helps.

Ahh, you mean it's not me? If it's not, VALVe should really fix this!

Yes, there are some problems that Valve needs to fix. I assume you are talking about "bouncing back" from objects like barrels? This is not your problem, and cl_smooth does help some. Hopefully the next patch can erradicate this problem entirely.

Æther said:
Yes, there are some problems that Valve needs to fix. I assume you are talking about "bouncing back" from objects like barrels? This is not your problem, and cl_smooth does help some. Hopefully the next patch can erradicate this problem entirely.

No, not the objects, just moving and shooting in general.

It's like video stuttering sorta.

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card? And have you tried cl_smooth 0? These both will help.

Need any more help just ask.

Hi,

your not the only one who is experiencing this problem.
I run cs source on a
AMD 3500+
ati 9600xt
1gig ram
XP SP2

I have a ping about 30 and get around 150fps
Still I am experiencing this lagging, as you described, like every five steps I hang and then shoot a bit forward.
It happens mostly when other players are near me.
I tried running everything at low, changed rate , up and downloadrates but stil...
Even uninstalled all firewal and anti-virus software.
I hope someone can help on this since I dont like 1.6 anymore since i saw source, and playing laggy just irritates.

Just done a google search on the cl_smooth command,is it right that you have to type it in the console everytime you join a game or can I just edit it in my config

Is it cl_smooth 0 or 1? I always used 1 and not 0 :/. I get this too, but that was back in my old favorite server. Now I go into a new one and it stopped now :D.

it will be cl_smooth 1 by default. Change it to 0 and you'll noticed the difference straight away :] like some 1 else posted just type it in the console.

azethechamp said:
Hi,

your not the only one who is experiencing this problem.
I run cs source on a
AMD 3500+
ati 9600xt
1gig ram
XP SP2

I have a ping about 30 and get around 150fps
Still I am experiencing this lagging, as you described, like every five steps I hang and then shoot a bit forward.
It happens mostly when other players are near me.
I tried running everything at low, changed rate , up and downloadrates but stil...
Even uninstalled all firewal and anti-virus software.
I hope someone can help on this since I dont like 1.6 anymore since i saw source, and playing laggy just irritates.

You are a very good necromancer.

Back