Fender's Photos

Fender357

Reaction score
Hey. I'd like to get my own thread going in the Showcase fourm. So...if you could ah....make that happen TDE.... I'd be greatfull... :E I'm hoping to get some feedback so I can get my ass out there and start taking more pictures.
Anyway....here's work......

spider019gn.jpg

frog016lo.jpg

bushimibite016gp.jpg

hospital014rc.jpg

monkey11zs.jpg

Just for fun...had to put it in there. (Monkeyhangingfromsidemirror :upstare: )

Just a mix of stuff right now, I'll put more up when I get some feedback. And if TDE dosn't mind I'll put up a couple of the photos I took for SW (mostly mountains and stuff) I think there's new stuff too I never got to show him.

Nice photo's. I wish i had a lens that could get in that close :(. I'm currently doing Photography in my Media class in year 12 and the one thing i wish i really really had is a Macro lens like yours. Nice shots. Particularly the first 3

OMG! Did you steal my cat???!

Great pics, btw.

Oh dude....the Macro lense is my favorite.

More pictures.

morro015wg.jpg

lightpoints011lf.jpg

evilryan017xu.jpg

This is my friend. Very very odd and true fact about him.... His name (in some language..cant remember what) means Dark Prince. True stuff.

The picture of that tree and the orange sunset is proably one of the most beautiful shtos ive seen. great work

I will be leaving soon on my Art Trip to go to Torrie Staright Islands , well very soon...Thursday and we will be up there for a week taking black and white photos of the community to show the different cultures that attend to my school.

We will be holding an Art Exibition once we get back, We have also already been out to Wooribinda to take photos of the people out there and i have come back with some very impressive photos, iam very pleased with my self.

Iam really looking forward to this exprience, its going to be loads of fun.
Maybe if your lucky i might be able to scan some photos of mine and post them here. :)

I like your style.

*Showcase'd!*

Oh, and TDE retired a looooooooongeh time ago.

Neat photos, Fender :) You need to work on your composition and cropping in some of them tho' - the 4th photo's horizon isn't straight (and the lighting is bland) while the fifth isn't arranged in a particularly pleasing way; which is a shame as the subject is gorgeous :)

Nice stuff, good work. Add some more!

EDIT: Incidentally, what kindof kit are you using? Judging from the nice DOF in some of those photos, I'm guessing you're a film guy.. either that or you have a DSLR :p

Fender I hope you don't mind, I'm using the tree/sunset one as my desktop wallpaper at work :D

Those are all very very nice. Great work.

Thanks guys, k...

i z 3 r Thanks, it actualy was taken at around 11 at night. Its just a very very foggy night and one of the big street lights over my park. I won an award for another picture kind of like it.

(35mm color film) Its just a long exposure time. And the light that you'd think is the sun, is the moon.
10pm0yg.jpg

Danimal Thanks man.....and..... AGIAN??? When is that guy not retired?? He seemed to be posting on his showcase thread recently.

jondyfun I'm not sure exactly which ones you're talking about. If by fifth one you're talking about the monkey...that one I was just sticking my camera out the window from the back seat, it was never ment to be pretty :D.
But yeah...the one problem i seem to have alot is I forget to level myself with the horizon. I focus on just the subjects a lot. Probably because I shoot a lot of close up macro stuff, so I'm not as use to composing full scenes as much.

And the setup I use right now is actually digital, but not really digital slr (damn it :( ) I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700. At the time I got it I didn't really understand digital cameras and the differences between them. Its an ok camera at 5 MP, but the thing that seriously kills me is that its all auto-focus. I can set F stop and shutter speed manualy (it does it fairly well on auto though) but the focus is only auto. And it seriously gets me because I LOVE to take pictures at night. I can see just fine, but the damn camera can't see what I can...so it can't focus on much of anything unless I've got a flashlight to shine on it first (i have gotten that desperate) I really want to save up to get a Cannon EOS 20D. I have used film quite a lot, but not so much now because it costs me money :). I have a Cannon AE-1..it was my moms, its older than me, and I love it. I have a great macro lense on it. And I've decided that any time I use the analog camera I'm going to stick with slide film. It gets the best color and sharpness out of anything. And I know it well enough to know which brand of film will get me what kind of hues.

Devvo Yeah man, thats cool with me. If you guys want any of these pictures at their original size (very big) just ask. I just shrink em down to 10" by 7.5" for the forums.

Now more pics.
I'm going to start posting the pictures I've taken on trips and stuff. I've gotten to visit some pretty cool places, so I'm just going to group them together. That way I can give little bits of info about the places and I wont have to explain as much every time :) .

But first gotta get this one out there. Pic of my gf on our anniversary. We went to Catalina for a couple of days. (and yeah yeah, i know...composition... :) )

natrock017as.jpg

The fourth pic of your first post and the first pic of your second look like HL2 screenshots.

Thanks...just a note to anyone because it just happend to me...if the picture dosn't come up..just right click on it and click show picture.

And I'll have more pics up soon. I've been buisy with work lately (I am so quitting in like the next week :thumbs: )

I really love your style of photography; some of the images are very bold and contrasted, they look great :D

Great pics man :D

I don't suppose you've got that night-time picture with the tree/street lamp in full size have you? :) Would make a great desktop. :thumbs:

Hey Fender,

Yeah that would be cool, could I have the large version of the one I mentioned?

The orange sunset through the trees :D

Cheers dude! :thumbs:

Ok...this first bunch of pictures all come from my trip to the El Toro Marine base. It was a big time air base during WW2 and Vietnam. It was closed in 1999 and now all of the base is abandond (exept for like one or two buildings) After it was closed the government went over a bunch of different ideas of what to do with the land. Some people wanted an air port, and that idea pissed off everyone that live anywhere near there. So now its going to be a park. (a really really friggn' huge park). The government is selling off the base bit by bit to big corperations with the stipulation that, they can use only like 10 % of the land for what they want, and the rest has to be a public park with all sorts of stuff like theaters and zoos and just about everything.
I got to go there because the photo teacher I had at the time is doing this 10 year project to document the changes the base is going through. Right now, its just all run down buildings, but in a couple of years it will be lots and lots of park.
So here's my pics. (and this is just some pictures...I went there for 2 days, 8 hours each day. I took my digital camera and I used color, B&W, and Slide film. This is all just digital stuff.)

In the air traffic controle tower there was a bunch of gutted equipment, this was an upturned pannel with a diagram of the runways on it. And a reflection of me if you can find it.
wires011sk.jpg

windows015zu.jpg

It had rained a lot the days before we went there. So there were a lot of puddles in the buildings (it probably helped cut down on the dust and owl crap in the air :x )
windowreflection016ah.jpg

track018rc.jpg

ladder011ts.jpg

There is a theater on the base, it was pretty creepy.
theater025zu.jpg

side017lk.jpg

This is it inside...I had to up the brighness in photoshop a ton.
theater015it.jpg

In a back room in the theater was this empty room with a chair....very weird.
chair017lg.jpg

shacks011mb.jpg

This was in an area with gigantic no smoking signs about every 10 feet. It was where they kept all the jet fuel and worked on the engines. The two holes are from where they've taken soil samples to test just how toxic the ground still is. You could see more holes inside the building too.
samples018gj.jpg

The newest part of the base was the apartments. I think they finnished them just before they closed the base. Really bad timming.
ivy1ao.jpg

ivy020as.jpg

fire7lh.jpg

Someone scraped "no" in that wall.
fallout012fl.jpg

One of the main hangers.
doors014wp.jpg

building025uc.jpg

building017mx.jpg

Cushoning for the nose of a plane.
nose6ns.jpg

door019sh.jpg

windowreflection012gc.jpg

refletion013gj.jpg

You might have seen this when I did that dumb strider picture a wile back.
doors014ey.jpg

Stairs through holes.... :|
hole020ls.jpg

hole013dn.jpg

I have a lot more pictures of just the general base...not very many with any kind of composition or anything. Just pictures of a neat place. If you guys are interested I'll put more up.
I've been offering for a wile to put these pictures up for anyone needing referance material for mods. Who dosn't need pictures of some run down buildings? :)

Wow, fantastic photos man. I love them all.

Oh, and thanks for the full-size pic :)

*Sparta is envious of Fender and his Macro lens.

Bastard

Sparta said:
*Sparta is envious of Fender and his Macro lens.

Bastard

Save up and get one, it is soooo worth it. I'm lucky with my digital because even though it dosn't have any lenses for it, it has a macro mode that really does the trick.

Ya bastard....

[edit] And there are more El Toro pics comming. Just getting through resizing the bunch of them. Now I gotta upload them on image shack. (image shack is neat!!) [/edit]

i love that pic with the tree and the orangeness :D

All of these pics were taken with my Nikon 5700 Digital. 5 Megapixles.

nice photo's and some very nice indeed, but the one with the reflection in the puddle is absolutely awesome

Good job, there's some really interesting lines in there :) One thing I've noticed - all your photos are the standard 4:3 ratio - experimenting with cropping those photos would be ideal, as there are some really strong points of focus that can be brought out a lot with the right choice of format.

Ok...here is the last of El Toro. This is a whole bunch of pics so I'm not comenting on many of them. If you have any questions about any of the pictures just ask. I'd love to go into detail about any area. It was cool there.
building012pl.jpg

building023bm.jpg

metal012cz.jpg

metal023cl.jpg

bigdoor016kz.jpg

bigdoor021rt.jpg

roof013zk.jpg

The big green hill is an empty weapons bunker. Big metal doors are on the other side.
bunker011pd.jpg

The hearts dotting the "I's" just make it really funny. I didn't block out that number because...well...go ahead and prank call a government number...
hearts013zu.jpg

octo019qo.jpg

tower019vv.jpg

bridge014oe.jpg

bridge020co.jpg

Makes it so exciting!!
libary015vb.jpg

theatre012ar.jpg

theatre027hl.jpg

theatre032bq.jpg

theatre046nv.jpg

open012aj.jpg

huh019kd.jpg

towers017uv.jpg

towersreflection014gp.jpg

track010pj.jpg

white016lw.jpg

far012lx.jpg

white029ub.jpg

far027nl.jpg

cement013sw.jpg

cement022et.jpg

cement038uy.jpg

reflectball012kg.jpg

reflection011sn.jpg

reflection024he.jpg

why014yn.jpg

windows012vo.jpg

room011yr.jpg

room020nl.jpg

tower029pv.jpg

A gigantic owl flew out of here.
owl014qc.jpg

ladder012bh.jpg

ladder023wr.jpg

Empty :)
empty013ns.jpg

stairs015kc.jpg

building033rd.jpg

paint017zh.jpg

Some kind of school...couldn't get in :( .
school014fx.jpg

ivy017jp.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures I took will up north in San Luis Obispo. I had to fiddle with these in photoshop because of some nasty haze. These look way better than the originals.

greens084bn.jpg

greens068my.jpg

greens056bg.jpg

greens046mt.jpg

greens032ld.jpg

greens021rg.jpg

Thats looking out into a bunch of rain.
greens010hr.jpg

Morrow Rock
rocks028as.jpg

rocks017wo.jpg

woods018uh.jpg

Now for some newer pics. These are from an abandond hospital in LA that a friends sister was using for some film school project. We had to help them paint a little section of it to make it look new. Then the rest of the time I was off taking lots of freaky pics :).

hall014wu.jpg

I have this as my desktop pic right now :D
shadow012fj.jpg

This may be VERY dark...but I still think it looks neat. It was so freakn' scary taking this picture too. It was a pretty long hallway I'm guessing but there was absolutly NO light down the rest of it.
glass012fd.jpg

Moon through glass.
window011lz.jpg

hehe....
scarah013zl.jpg

ryan013et.jpg

outside020al.jpg

outside010qh.jpg

hall054ue.jpg

hall043gy.jpg

hall035ki.jpg

hall024rf.jpg

hall013qd.jpg

doors018qe.jpg

counter017fc.jpg

lockers5nn.jpg

Good job on the lockers pic, that's very well spotted. What lense are you using? There's some barrel distortion :O must be pretty wideangle :)

Actually no lense. Its just a Nikon CoolPix 5700, which is kinda just a point and shoot (i guess you'd call it).

Nice!

You're deserted places pics always turn out amazingly well :) I especially like the one you said was too dark. Imo it isn't at all.

The first of those lakeside pics looks a bit overexposed but I dunno, might be from the post process.

Yeah I was thinking that one was a little off with the exposure. Which is odd because it didn't look as bad wile I was photoshoping it. I think I was just trying to get it so you could see out to the sand bar ok. It was super hazzy in the pic because of all the rain. I was trying to tone that down as much as possible without getting things to grainy. But thanks! :)

Back