Fileshack Vs Fileplanet.

BloodyL

Reaction score
Don't woory, I do have a point here, bear with me ;)

During this HDR video frenzy, people are reporting the Fileplanet manager is dead, whereas I am currently downloading fine from the fileshack link.

The interesting bit if I remember it correctly is that Fileshack is owned by Speakeasy.net, and I'm sure I've seen that on the steampowered site that Speakeasy is involved in the backbone.

This means that in essence, we are grabbing the video from steam using HTTP rather than the client.

well, im sure the servers for steam are seperate from the fileshack servers.

I'm downloading from fileplanet right now, and i only had a 1 minute wait. There were only 22 people in line, it's not completely dead but verrry slow :cool:

Fileshack is a web download source just as fileplanet or filefront. It is my personal favorite though.

Anyway, Steam uses a closed server system, so only Valve certified material can really move through it, besides maps and models for the games...

I'm using Fileplanet. At one point the manger went to text only but my download still started fine at the end.

Ah, IGN, best game news site out there, imho. I don't subscribe to it though, too cheap and lazy, else I would :)

Fileshack Basic downloads are speed capped. Mercury Fileshack are not.

I'm gonna make a Coke vs Pepsi thread.

I must actually correct myself here, accoring to steampowered's status page, both Gamespy & Speakeasy have Valve content servers, my initial post was flawed from the start.

Sorry, nothing to see here, please move on. :)

Fileplanet wait for vid = 5 minutes
Fileshack wait for vid = 68 minutes

I went with fileplanet. :cheese:

actually coke is better. Pepsi gets flat way to fast. NO seroiusly. But taste wise no difference.

Im getting it off gamespot with my subscription. I was getting it from Fileplanet but it was only going about 16kb max.

That's why I pointed out 3DGamers...

0 wait, download at 300K... ^_^

Bittorrent > any others > Fileshack > all > Fileplanet

I'm trying to avoid those two website as much as I can.
If I can't find anywhere else to download from, I fo to fileplanet.

BT is a hunk of junk memory hog program with less of a download and more of an upload.

Back