finalyl getting my new hl2 computer will it run?

Darkknighttt

Reaction score
hi im getting a computer very very soon with:

Athlon 64 3000
geforce 6800(it says overclocked on the box)
1 gig of OCZ RAM

i was just wondering if this is good enough to run Doom 3 and HL2 on full graphics settings. and also it says my ram is pc400 is that good. its $300.00for the ram.

Its pretty good, you should run very well. Uhh it said overclocked on the box? Where are you getting an overclocked comptuer from.

Pauly said:
Its pretty good, you should run very well. Uhh it said overclocked on the box? Where are you getting an overclocked comptuer from.

He is talking about the BFG 6800 OC. BFG makes overclocked graphics cards. They are a good company and the card will perform very well.

I think people just post threads like these to rub our faces in it. You have 536 posts. You must know what HL2's system requirements are. Go away.

i know what the requirements are but it doesnt say anywhere what u need to run it in full detail. and yes its normal 6800 but its OC'ed. and thanks thats good news to hear i was worried i couldn't run it at full detail.

EDIT: so you mean by perform very well that ill be abl to run hl2 and doom 3 on full settings?! DX9?

Darkknighttt said:
i know what the requirements are but it doesnt say anywhere what u need to run it in full detail. and yes its normal 6800 but its OC'ed. and thanks thats good news to hear i was worried i couldn't run it at full detail.

EDIT: so you mean by perform very well that ill be abl to run hl2 and doom 3 on full settings?! DX9?

I have a AMD 64 FX-51 with a 6800 Ultra in it. I can play Doom 3 with everything on (Ultra High) at my max resolution (which is 1280x1024, CRT flatscreen) and I get no slow down. Your OC graphics card will perform pretty close to the ultra for most things. You are missing some pipelines that I have but you won't need them for these games. Maybe in a year.

Back