Firefox bug?

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Sometimes when I browse Google Videos or Youtube, the webpage with the video loads everything but the video and it says "Completed" (translating from my language version; it might as well say "Finished"). Clicking on other videos doesn't help, nor does refreshing the page - only a reboot can "fix" it.
EDIT: I've just tried loading the video I'm having problems with atm using IE and it also says "Complete" even though there is no video loaded. So maybe it's not Firefox exclusive. The second example seems to occur only in Firefox:

A similar thing happens while, for example, browsing the forums. The page loads and stops at some point (everything I see is fully loaded, but I can't scroll down to the very bottom of the webpage). Refreshing the page causes Firefox to quickly reload everything that was loaded a second ago and again stop in the same place.

Anyone else experienced this?

Sometimes when I browse Google Videos or Youtube, the webpage with the video loads everything but the video and it says "Completed" (translating from my language version; it might as well say "Finished"). Clicking on other videos doesn't help, nor does refreshing the page - only a reboot can "fix" it.
EDIT: I've just tried loading the video I'm having problems with atm using IE and it also says "Complete" even though there is no video loaded. So maybe it's not Firefox exclusive. The second example seems to occur only in Firefox:

A similar thing happens while, for example, browsing the forums. The page loads and stops at some point (everything I see is fully loaded, but I can't scroll down to the very bottom of the webpage). Refreshing the page causes Firefox to quickly reload everything that was loaded a second ago and again stop in the same place.

Anyone else experienced this?

Try Ctrl + F5 when that happens. FF might be trying to load from an incomplete or corrupt cache. Ctrl + F5 will do a total refreash.

I've had that happen before on both browsers but if I click in the address bar above and hit enter it reloads the page and does show the video. No restart required.
Edit: what Whitezero said.

Firefox downloads automagically cancel if they take more than 2 hours.... :( Can't get my "HL2DoneQuik" normal download, had to make do with the low quality download.

Back