First ATI X1800 benchmarks

NikolaX

Tank
Reaction score
these claims can't be verified and should be taken with a large pinch of salt most likely (especially given the sites current relationship with ATI)

So what does the R520 architecture bring to the table exactly? For starters it is not the 32-pipeline architecture it has been rumored to be, it is half that, offering just 16-pipelines, which is less than NVIDIA’s G70 architecture that has 24. The R520 architecture will be introduced as the X1800 series, featuring the top-of-the-line Radeon X1800 XT with a 600MHz core clock and 700MHz memory clock, yielding an effective 1400MHz memory clock speed. The 600MHz clockspeed combined with 16-pipelines for the graphics processor will give it a lower fillrate than the GeForce 7800GTX though, although the 7800GTX’ graphics processor runs at just 430MHz. With 512MB GDDR3 memory connected by a 256-bit wide memory bus the X1800 XT boasts more memory than the 7800GTX, but as shown before with 512MB version of the GeForce 6800 Ultra this will usually not help performance much, if at all.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813.1/

pretty sweet, those cards look like good contenders. Nice find

I'm not excited about the new cards coming out... but I'm excited how it's going to push down the prices of current high-end cards (6800, X800 series).

Reaktor4 said:
disappointing. think im gonna switch to the dark side.
Indeed. If ATI's new line is less than the current nVidia cards, then I will be buying a 7800GT when I build a new computer...

However, the benchmarks for UT2007 will determine all. :D

TheGrimSweeper said:
Only 4 more FPS then an X850PT in HL2, looks like a piece of shit.

i heard the msrp of the x1800xt is going to be $599, so for $150 less you can get a better 7800gtx

gg ati

I think that review was kind of bogus.. I mean, I'm not saying they lied about anything per say.. but they do have beef with ATI, and none of their information was a confirmed FACT...

On top of that, none of the so called "benchmarks" were made using an actual card! It was made through a simulation of the "supposed specs" of the card.. so when it's released, and to everyones shock has 32 pipes instead of 16, those benchmarks could be completely wrong..

It's still speculation my friends... why ATI would release a more expensive card than the 7800 GTX that doesn't keep up with the 7800 GTX..? Well it just doesn't make business or common sense.. nor does it fit in with ATI's previous behavior... Nobody would buy a more expensive card that was slower than the leading competitor...

(BTW I am an ATI fanboy, mainly because of HL2 - I also didn't like my last Nvidia, the Geforce 4)

As Nikola said, take these benchmarks with quite a large pinch of salt. Really hope that better drivers or something will make this card better..

ATI's (Chris Hook) first reaction to this article was: " Fiction. I don't believe these numbers were ever run on a 520 ".

A second response just came in:

"This is a complete hoax - done with an OC'd X850, we think. Call our partners yourself and ask if they have R520XTs in house. The numbers aren't even close." -- Guru3D.com

well maybe it is bogus

bryanf445 said:
i heard the msrp of the x1800xt is going to be $599, so for $150 less you can get a better 7800gtx

gg ati

whoa lol its most likely because of the 512mb ram which isnt really needed

I am confused.. Why does the x850XTPE get the same and sometimes better FPS than the 7800GT? I thought that card was supposed to be superbeef...

It looks kinda fake, I mean did you guys read that introduction?

"However this time around ATI decided to just not bother with us as they made it very clear that we did not make the cut, as we have written some articles about CrossFire, R520 and ATI’s financial situation that were apparently not appreciated. Hence we’ve not been briefed by ATI, nor did we sign an NDA, or have been invited to the launch event, so basically they decided to cut us off."

Sounds like someone is angry. Also, I read somewhere that not a single x1800xt has been issued to ANYONE yet. So with that, I think its pretty fake.

Dumb Dude said:
It looks kinda fake, I mean did you guys read that introduction?

"However this time around ATI decided to just not bother with us as they made it very clear that we did not make the cut, as we have written some articles about CrossFire, R520 and ATI’s financial situation that were apparently not appreciated. Hence we’ve not been briefed by ATI, nor did we sign an NDA, or have been invited to the launch event, so basically they decided to cut us off."

Sounds like someone is angry. Also, I read somewhere that not a single x1800xt has been issued to ANYONE yet. So with that, I think its pretty fake.

i agree we prob. wont get benchmarks intil a week before release

Looks like 7800GTX still is above the x1800.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Looks like 7800GTX still is above the x1800.

The benchmarks are fake aren't they, thought that they used an overclocked x850 xt pe..

duffers20 said:
The benchmarks are fake aren't they, thought that they used an overclocked x850 xt pe..

u cant really confirm that but most likeley it is fake

Yeh I really hope it is a fake because it will be such a disapointment if the card doesn't do that well, after Ati have kept us waiting for it.

Shamrock said:
I am confused.. Why does the x850XTPE get the same and sometimes better FPS than the 7800GT? I thought that card was supposed to be superbeef...
They've always been like that. The x850 does get close to the 7800 in some games.

whay is so hard to belive those benchmarks, ffs new ati has same pipes as x800xt (16) and nvidia has 24.
they have more mhz on core and memory...
when they relese the 24 and 30 pipes card, then it will be in pair with nvidia.
Ati f**** this round.

Pipelines don't have that much to do with performance anymore. Think of it like AMD and Intel.

Dumb Dude said:
Pipelines don't have that much to do with performance anymore. Think of it like AMD and Intel.

i agree atis new card have a different architecture

Well this atis only card Nvidia still has a counter, ati doesnt.

They compared it to way too many cards using SLI.
Which can be missleading.

They're def fake.

I mean, ffs, it got LOWER than an x850 in some benchies!

check this email from the guy who owns that site to ati

> From: Sander Sassen - Hardware Analysis
> [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: 08 September 2005 09:39
> To: Andrzej Bania
> Subject: Re: Editors Day

>
> So you're telling me I'm not invited is that it? I feel an ATI column
> coming
> up, lets see if we can drop the stock price shall we?
>
> Sander Sassen
> http://www.hardwareanalysis.com <http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/>

he says the email was 'a joke' :LOL:
i dont believe the benchmarks at all now. back to waiting for some real tests.

**** it. Wait 'till some respected sources come out with benchmarks, I'm not making a call this early.

Sounds like bullshit to me. I will wait.

Back