**First CS:S benchmarks!**

So what I was experiencing wasn't wierd, it's so optimized I got the same performance on almost any res :D

Also, did you notice that the cards stay at about the same speed, each resolution? :O And it's not capped for me...like I said, I've seen it go into the 100s.

too bad they didnt do that thing for 9800pro, i would like to see what it could do

Looks like it's restrained more by the CPU than the graphics card, which is odd considering it's using a 3800+. I wonder...

nay for benchmarks

i guess ill find out tommorow how my 9600XT will fair

Those benchmarks were pretty crappy if you ask me.

They only did 5 cards which only like 0.000001% of counter-strike players have.

How come they didn't benchmark lower to mid-range cards like 9800pro, etc. I mean, do we NEED a benchmark to know that a x800 XT PE will run CS:S well? If you do, you may need to seek mental help.

i used the 9800 pro to max AA/AS and i had 5-8 smoke nades right next to me and it dipped to 30fps. that should give you all an idea

I laugh at this "when the game finally ships sometimes in August" :D

Kiva, they did the top-end first to see which was the ultimate best for gamers out there wondering which card to buy. They are doing the mid-range cards now.

Just read the thing and you would have known this.

I'm using an ATI 9600 XT as well... I'm expecting approximately 30-40 frames at 1024x768 and medium overall settings... I hope it's not too jarring after being so used to 99 FPS in CS 1.6 for all this time.

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Asus K8V Deluxe SE Motherboard
512 MB PC3200 DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128 MB
120 GB Maxtor HDD

PseudoKnight said:
Kiva, they did the top-end first to see which was the ultimate best for gamers out there wondering which card to buy. They are doing the mid-range cards now.

Just read the thing and you would have known this.

*shrugs*

You still wouldn't need to see benchmarks to know that the best video cards are going to run it flawlessly at max settings. They should have started with the lower & mid-ranged cards that more people have, then do the higher cards later on. That way more people would have a better understanding of how it would run earlier.

With the beta starting tomorrow for CZ and ATI vouchers, benchmarks won't really matter all that much now will they? Why read benchmarks when you can just play the game?

make sure to post when they make the second part of the review for lower end systems, because that applies to everyone with > 6800, which is alot of us. Lol not to mention a AMD 64 3800+, how did I forget that.

reviewer will usually use one of the fastest processor eg. Athlon 64 3800+ on the market when they benchmark graphics cards because they want to make sure the CPU isn't the limiting factor in the benchmarks. It will paint a more accurate picture on the performance of the graphics cards. As the review has shown, the system requirement for CS:S is clearly much lower than Doom 3 therefore CS:S gamers for now won't be pushed to upgrade their graphics cards unless you wish to turn on all the eye candy and play at high resolution.

he-4xaa-1600.gif

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1181&s=8

Back