Flesh mod Released & Interview with HL2.net

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Flesh is a newly released third person horror mod for Half-life 2. It takes a bit of a different approach as there is no combat throughout. Instead you must avoid confrontation in a variety of ways. The mod promises a vast array of interesting puzzles with rewards for players who enjoy exploration. Flesh creates a great atmosphere of fear using sound and misdirection. [br]Leon, lead developer beyond Flesh managed to take some time this week to chat with me about Flesh. Check out the interview here.
You?re playing an unarmed, uninteresting, casual person, and he has a flash light in his hand, and that is it. If you really try to poke him towards the monsters, he?ll just die. So it is true insecurity and it is a horror game after all. Oh and speaking of that, this is a horror game with colours! I'm really proud of the saturated look, strong colours, all that. Vibrant. It goes against the public belief that everything desaturated and gritty is instantly scary.
Flesh has been highly anticipated and you can download it now from the Flesh moddb profile (more mirrors will be added soon).[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

Cool, gonna download it in a minute - thanks

Just saw it on Moddb, it's got quite a high ranking.

Leon sent me this:
There´s a crash bug in Flesh, Im just uploading the patches to Moddb and replacing the installers and zip files.
But yeah, if you already have the game, and you´re playing it.. when you´re in the laboratory level, and you need to "use" the barrel in the end half, do that while IN the monstervision. If you´re in the normal vision, the game crashes.

I'm at the third level (I saved the game, and quit), there're some really scary parts :p

I just beat it. What I can say - it was awesome. First levels were bit annoying, but gets better later.

Back