FN Forty-Five

IchI

Reaction score
Hello, I am back again. With yet another model. Its an alright model. It wasn't for a game or anything and I think you can kinda tell by the polgon distribution. I was just modelling for the fun of it. Its about 3000 triangles and its still got a symaity modifer on it, whih I couldn't be bothered to change and target weld uneeded verts because.... well there is no point because its not going to be in a game. Anyway yes, here it is:

FN_Forty-Five_beta_01.jpg

FN_Forty-Five_beta_02.jpg

FN_Forty-Five_beta_03.jpg

And obviasly a wireframe :D

FN_Forty-Five_beta_wire.jpg

If you have any questions ask away, if you have any comments, comment away. If you would like anything else (except anything sexual) just ask :p

Also, I might games optamise it and just give it to some random starting out mod. Unless they want to do it them selfs, might as well get some sue out of my model. If you want this model in a mod you are making or maybe you are a coder wanting to make a simple mod with just 1 weapon, just ask. Obviasly this is as long as u give me credit for my work blar blar blar no win no fee sue if u don't blar blar blar blar LOL!

nice modely looks cool but its an ugly gun :p but you could really easy get the polly count down on that if you wanted to stick it in a game

good wrok :D

A nice model
Im wondering, is the other side of the gun mirrored or modeled too

edit: ow, i get it now... symaity must mean symmetry

nar, its mirrored (symaitry) I couldn't be bothered to change both sides. I need to get on with some mod work really.

Its a great model, though I would cut a hole to fit the trigger into

The handle is quit plain... and flat imo.. otherwise its pretty cool.

MaxiKana said:
The handle is quit plain... and flat imo.. otherwise its pretty cool.

thats what the gun looks like. It was quiet a boring gun tbh. It was just the first one I saw when I was bored so thought I might as well model it :p

:sniper:

I must be the only one here who thinks that the base gun looks rather cool...

how do you get those wire renders.. i have been trying to figger it out for ages but just dunno how :(

fishymumma said:
how do you get those wire renders.. i have been trying to figger it out for ages but just dunno how :(

in perspective view, zoom it to full screen. Then turnb on "smooth Highlights", and then "shaded wire" or soemthing like that (right click in the view port)

I wrote a tutorial that included that, and it'll be online soon.

The wire frame render is only a print screen. Just press alt+w or just w (depending on what settings u have in windows/3dsmax) and it will go full screen. Then press shift+prt scr Then paste it into a image editing program and crop the area in which u want to see.

Pendragon said:
Seems like a pretty nice model of a mildly interesting gun . . . not particularly exceptional, but with some work, it could be very cool. (skinning, poly cutting/optimizing)

I actually trying to skin it my self. I kinda know the basics of Photoshop, but can't seem to get a nice texture going for just plain metal. It seems to be hard. But creating shadows with layers embos etc... is pritty easy to say its my first try :p If anyone has a quick tutorial or just a decription of what will make a nice texture to your gun as a base layer of pait basiclly, then could u direct me :D Also if u have a tutorial or simple direction on how to make scratches and chipped paint, I would really apreshiate it :D

Pendragon said:
I believe Short_Fuse has a Beretta skinning tutorial. One second while I look up his sig.

EDIT: Here it is.

I think Ichi is talking about photoshop skinning as in painting. My tutorial is on unwrapping the model, your gettin confused :) Anyway im goin to be updating that tutorial soon so dont use it its horrible :p

Nice model Ichi

Back