For the love of God, VALVe! Release it!

goldenboi

Reaction score
People have already been sold copies, so I think they may as well activate it already! Why are you holding your fans back VALVe? We've waited for 6 years why would you want us to wait longer?

5 days is buck all compared to 6 years, be patient, go and live a life for 5 days, it will go quick then.

Honestly.. if you can't wait five days.. then what the heck are you gonna do with your life once you finish the game?

How about no...its only fair if we all get to play at the same time. I don't care if like 20 people have it already. But if we all get to play early at the same time, thats ok.

I won't be able to focus in school Monday or Tuesday... plus I will have to complete my homework before I play. Just wanted to clock in some playtime so my grades don't suffer. Remeber VALVe said it would be here "sooner than you expected..." Well I sure hope so.

5 days= 5 more days to prepare for other things: money, computer upgrades and other more important things and etc...

Dude, just chill out.

We are down to <5 days. Not all that bad.

It was obvious that retailers would take a copy home, it always happends, and who cares, they probably don't see the game how some of us do.

6 years for this game and you pulling your todger over 5 days...

ShadowFox said:
Honestly.. if you can't wait five days.. then what the heck are you gonna do with your life once you finish the game?

I was planning on shooting myself in the face. What about you? :cheers:

cereal said:
How about no...its only fair if we all get to play at the same time. I don't care if like 20 people have it already. But if we all get to play early at the same time, thats ok.

They can't play it until VALVe hits the big red button that says, "Unlock HL2."

Gabe is online on the hl2fallout forums as we speak. wonder if he will post something soon?

evryone is forgeting somthing....it doesnt matter that valve can activate only on the 16th, because if enough shops are selling the retail version early, each one of those is a sale loss by valve through steam, so if enough retail sales go early you bet your arse that:

"If word gets out that the street day is broken then people everywhere are going to pick up there copy hoping to get it to work, even if they dont get it to work they still have there copy and can activated at steams activation time, HOWEVER, that means valve loses those sales that they could of had for steam sales because the retailers sold the game early and retail sales got a head start on purchases which is unfair...once people have there box they are not going to return it and go for the steam version, so this is why if the street date is truely broken, steam will unlock for everyone to play and hence have hopefully purchases come there way instead of retail "

Prince of China said:
They could delay the release date to Dec. 19 for all I care.

/medies :x

If they do, I and all Halflife2.net members shall... make a CS:S map w/ VALVe employees as terrorists so we could pwn them. LOL, this wait is making me crazy.

Gabe is online on the hl2fallout forums as we speak.

no hes not ..!

VALVe has gone through great lengths to get a universal release time! Why would they f'ck that up just to reward some punks who broke the street date? Makes no sense at all.

What the f**k is this about here, dunno if it has been seen b4
once u highlight that picture and click, it asks for username and password???

briggsb2k said:
:LOL: oh ffs.

Thats test #2, friend. Its quite old.
MiccyNarc said:
SEARCH BUTTON!
And what exactly would he search for? Hmm? What are some keywords he could use?

briggsb2k said:
SEARCH BUTTON!

If Valve were to release it early, they would get hammered by Vivendi for breaking the contract.

[Dragoon] said:
If Valve were to release it early, they would get hammered by Vivendi for breaking the contract.

OK nobody seems to understand here.....IF they are selling ALL these copies of retail to customers EARLY then each on eof those are a sale lost by valve and a sale gained by VU....nobody is going to return there retail version even when they find out they need to activate it to work.... so therefore they got a unfair headstart in sales which is why valve will unlock early to even out the sales oppertunities

maximus0402 said:
so therefore they got a unfair headstart in sales which is why valve will unlock early to even out the sales oppertunities
VUg cannot be held accountable for EB's actions. And two wrongs don't make a right.

But Vivendi broke it first... It was their responsibility to ensure HL2 gets sold in stores on the correct day and at the correct time. If they were supplying stores with copies of the game a week before the game was actually released, and the store workers gave into the overwhelming temptation to buy it, then is Valve going to just sit there and go "oh right, well you guys f**ked us over, but we'll just sit here and take it like good little boys", or is Valve gonna realise that they can't break an already broken contract and just go for gold?

What are you talking about? There is no loss for Valve if EB starts selling early. If it weren't for steam, Valve wouldn't even be selling HL2. This is only a gain for them.

goldenboi said:
If Steam wasn't here, we'd be playing Half-Life 2 :angry:

No we wouldn't. Only the people with HL2 would be playing it.

goldenboi said:
People have already been sold copies, so I think they may as well activate it already! Why are you holding your fans back VALVe? We've waited for 6 years why would you want us to wait longer?
People who got copies of the game can't play it because steam won't let them untill 16th. Only 4-5 more days. You can wait dude.

if steam wasn't here, we'd be wishing we were all Bastard enough to download the torrent and play it for free like everyone did Doom 3.

because they would have cracked it already.

f|uke said:
:LOL: oh ffs.

Thats test #2, friend. Its quite old.And what exactly would he search for? Hmm? What are some keywords he could use?
Weird Gman pic :p

FFS! I say if the street date is broken, release it on steam! What's wrong with you people!?

"Oh... it doesn't matter... blah blah blah"

You should be ashamed of yourselves!

ThrasherX9 said:
FFS! I say if the street date is broken, release it on steam! What's wrong with you people!?

"Oh... it doesn't matter... blah blah blah"

You should be ashamed of yourselves!

bloody hell people....4 days and 7 hours left....OH NOES!. VALVe are already in a battle with VUG and steam, if they released it earily they could use that to win their case.

Yombi said:
bloody hell people....4 days and 7 hours left....OH NOES!. VALVe are already in a battle with VUG and steam, if they released it earily they could use that to win their case.
I'd love to see it early but I think we are still on for the 16th, unless of course Vivendi have already agreed to early unlocking if stores are selling in which case no problemo and release it!

God nearly 2 years of crazyness, now just 4 days left and still things are gettin nuts, WILL THE MADNESS EVER END.

CombineHarvester said:
I'd love to see it early but I think we are still on for the 16th, unless of course Vivendi have already agreed to early unlocking if stores are selling in which case no problemo and release it!

oh damn, your avatar made me nauseous.... seriously!

Lobster said:
God nearly 2 years of crazyness, now just 4 days left and still things are gettin nuts, WILL THE MADNESS EVER END.

the weekend is coming up and we just wanna play with what we paid for dammit! tuesday, a lot of us will be busy with what's called real life.

maximus0402 said:
OK nobody seems to understand here.....IF they are selling ALL these copies of retail to customers EARLY then each on eof those are a sale lost by valve and a sale gained by VU....nobody is going to return there retail version even when they find out they need to activate it to work.... so therefore they got a unfair headstart in sales which is why valve will unlock early to even out the sales oppertunities

Are you being serious? Dude, Valve have been selling HL2 for weeks and weeks - I think they already have a head start! I know Valve got my $'s a few weeks ago, and it's not like they don't get anything from sold retail packages!

They won't unlock early, stop living in hope!

Back