For those of you who care (New Stalker vids)

If you look directly across from the thing that says about this game. Click on videos and then stream the one for July 15th.

Yeah I figured someone would say that, heh.

-Also I must say this game looks amazing, and is the sound out of sync with the video or is it just me?

anyone have a non ghetto stream...like an actual download?

Ok I watched the movie trailer and it looks just like the tech demo one from e3, except twice as dark.

Downloading the hi-res one right now.

why did they use a pre-alpha build..or did i get the wrong movie?

I dunno why, but I just never managed to get interested in this game. I'll go check out the vids tho...

A 5 minute fly by over some land scape... then a guy running through the same landscape for the rest of the techdemo...

What a complete waste of my time.

Stalker looks ok..nothing compared to half life 2, however... doesnt look like anything innovative..I fear it'll be another Unreal 2... everyone expects this uber game and it turns out to be mediocre at best.

The one I have it shows the bathroom scene were the tiles glint in the light. I think this one was done in DX9, I could be wrong though.

The last one, the one released today is the one to get.

I am like 24% done.

It is supposed to show DX9 tech in the game.

Ok, I just saw the big one, and it looks much better. The projector thing is kind of cool.

But they really need to do a lot more work on the models and the physics. The model animations are cartoon-like. It has basic ragdol, however it's nowhere as impressive as what HL2 does.

the only badass part was when he shot the guy down from the pole and he landed on top of the car.

and the rats.

I actually think the physics are more advanced than anything we have seen yet.

When the guys get shot, they seem to react more realistically, and do not instantly become sily putty that bounces everywhere.

And the shots with the 'shiny' walls were amazing.

Man, HL2, and now this! woohoo!

Originally posted by TheWart
I actually think the physics are more advanced than anything we have seen yet.

When the guys get shot, they seem to react more realistically, and do not instantly become sily putty that bounces everywhere.

And the shots with the 'shiny' walls were amazing.

Man, HL2, and now this! woohoo!

No, not really. They fall down like bags of sand. Look at the one on top of the tower, it looks like he's diving into a pool or something. As opposed to the one in HL2, where he is rotating in the air while his gun flies in the other direction.

I thought the trailer was good, I'll definitely be looking forward to that game :)

The quality of the trailers suck even the hi-res versions. I am disappointed.

Showed a guy walking around with some cool weapon models. Nice outdoor environments, but bland indoor scenes. Trailer doesn't show much variety in terms of the environments. All you see is a big outdoor countryside level with some abandoned buildings here and there (indoor environments). Of course there were some cars. The game seems to switch to 3rd person when you're in the vehicle. Not good. Dosn't really show off much physics.

Big outdoor environemnts very sparsely populated. Fits the title of the game I suppose (STALKER). This is going to be a stealth game like Thief. Lots of walking around before you finally get to do something. Wow fun.

Doesn't help that the graphic quality of the trailers are terrible. This game will go the way of Unreal 2 IMHO.

Is there anything unique about this? I know its really nice looking, and it supports reall big maps, but whats it about? Is there anything innoventive about it? What is it that makes it so cool?

the game will proably look as good as hl2 or worse.. and the gameplay will definately not be as good.

Well, graphics look amazing, very realistic. But animation\physics are not. Let's hope it will turn out great :)

Thanks for the link, STALKER owns. Only crappy thing? It's shoved up nVIDIAs ass.

Yeah i will definatley be playing this game, i think the dx9 stuff was really cool at the end, but the majority of the trailer is outside where it didnt impress me as much, it just looked like another shooter. But i still must say the graphics are nothing on HL2 or DoomIII (from that trailer, who knows though).

Originally posted by worldspawn
the game will proably look as good as hl2 or worse..

yea way to narrow it down there

This is totally unappropriate for this bored, but man I downloaded it and it looks EXTREMELY AWESOME. The 60MB video. The gaphics are very good.

hey cool u subscribe to ign too.... finally
whats ur ign, login name?

stalker looks like shit sorry HL2 owns it this game looks so bording i dont like walking around looking for nothing if i wanted that id go play a tomb raider

Yea, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looks great, but I'm sure it's got nothing that Half-Life 2 can't handle.

Back