Forever HL2.net?

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
I was just contemplating a little bit before bed on the name of our community and have a simple question for you. In the near or distant future when our community changes on the release of new Half-Life games, with the likelihood of the website having a name change, will you still consider yourself part of HL2.net, or will you adopt the name of the successive games and any community name changes?

To me, the thought of calling our gathering of people anything other than hl2.net is absurd. hl3.net is just utterly alien and unattractive to me. It's going to be halflife2.net eternally for me, and I'm going to fight any such indication otherwise!

Put that in your thread quality pipe and smoke it.

^lol

I don't really care what it's called. hl3.net doesn't actually sound bad or that wrong to me.

Valvegames.net?
Steamlife.net?
Rimfire.net?
Sourcegames.net?
Sourcesource.net, the source of all things source.

we'd get more traffic if we'd have a .xxx ending

hetairia2.net

That'll show them.
attachment.php

imo we should just rename it 'religionandsternthreads.net'

I have a hard time picturing any other name other than HalfLife2.net. Once the next Half Life game comes out our name will be out of date, but changing the 2 to a 3 still feels weird. Perhaps we pick a more timeless name like simply HalfLife.net.

I'm sure if we all put our heads together we could come up with a cool new name that we like, but until we know the name of the next game I don't think we have to worry.

That being said here are a few ideas:
HalfLife.net
HalfLifer.net
HalfLifeSource.net
LambdaGroup.net
HalfLifeOverwatch.net
HalfLifeResistance.net
HalfLifeUniverse.net

Even if the name changed, I'd probably keep calling it HL2.net.

This is still the Half-Life 2 community though, imagine how many gayfags would join if it was called Halflife3.net

gayfags.net

Well let's just hope that Half Life 3 never comes out.

I'll happily adopt any name this site is given.

But it can't be anything homosexual.

I bet this is exactly the kind of discussion Raziaar intended to create with this thread.

threadsgettinlocked.net

Well let's just hope that Half Life 3 never comes out.

It's worked pretty well for the past 8 years. Anyway, if the site got renamed every time a new Valve development effort happened, we'd probably be hatlife2.net amirite

Seriously though, why wasn't it just 'halflife.net' to begin with? Then it would encompass all Half-Life games.

The actual 'halflife.net' redirects to 'http://orange.half-life2.com' and 'half-life.net' is apparently for sale.

because the site was made for half life 2 specifically

I'll happily adopt any name this site is given.

But it can't be anything homosexual.

You have no investment in the name though, you joined in 2009!

It's worked pretty well for the past 8 years. Anyway, if the site got renamed every time a new Valve development effort happened, we'd probably be hatlife2.net amirite

So true. So sadly true.

You have no investment in the name though, you joined in 2009!

Yes, but who would want a name that relates to homosexuality? You saw the examples that were given earlier -- we can't become like that.

But yeah, my opinion in this matter is rather insignificant. My bond with the name Halflife2.net is not as strong as yours, Raziaar. I've only known the name for two years and care not if it is cast aside for something else in the future.

I've been here longer than most and I don't give a shit. Although, maybe that's because I haven't left the lounge in years, so the name is purely symbolic at this point. :v

I've been here longer than most and I don't give a shit. Although, maybe that's because I haven't left the lounge in years, so the name is purely symbolic at this point. :v

I don't leave the lounge(off topic, stupid name change) either and I'm not hugely fanatical about Half-Life, but I am attached to the name. It's interesting sometimes the strange things people get attached to.

I mean I'd still call it hl2.net out of habit, but I probably wouldn't be annoyed or anything... unless it was one of the stupid ****ing terrible shit names you idiots suggested, haha!

This is like how when 20th Century Fox changed it's name to 21st Century Fox.

I remember before the year 2000 people arguing for that quite seriously.

knghenryredux.net

Uncle Stern's Family Feedbag or Tipsy McStern's Good Time Drinking and Eating Emporium

Please come up with "wacky" urls in your own time, gentlemen - that's not what this thread is for.

Back