Forgive me if this has been discussed...

tokin

Reaction score
It's official, you can launch bodies with the manipulator! :naughty:

HOW IS IT OFFICIAL!?!?!? OMG SWEET! :afro:

source???

Yes it will be damn perfect to throw a dead combine on a strider

The "upgraded" manipulator can throw dead bodies.

(Blue beam)

PC GAMEPLAY MAGAZINE. To bad i can't read dutch though.. :( also admins i don't know if i'm even able to say this kind of stuff, if i can't extremelly sorry, close post, delete my post, whatever...please don't ban, ive been a member for to long!

tokin said:
PC GAMEPLAY MAGAZINE. To bad i can't read dutch though.. :( also admins i don't know if i'm even able to say this kind of stuff, if i can't extremelly sorry, close post, delete my post, whatever...please don't ban, ive been a member for to long!

pcgameplaY??? and how did u conclude that u can throw dead bodies??? elaborate man :cheers:

tokin said:
It's official, you can launch bodies with the manipulator! :naughty:

C'mon guys, this is straying into spoiler material, no? I've only just realised you can blow up barrels :E

The "upgraded" manipulator can throw dead bodies.

Well guess what folks... the ""manipulutrolfwtfr"" can throw many things..

Yes it will be damn perfect to throw a dead combine on a strider
Good luck my friend.. it will only "fly" 2-3 meters..

ughgh pcgameplay says this
In the newest equation if HL2 you'l see something fresh - physics. Not the physics in which Gordon is an expert but the one, that makes the shrapnels fly around your head and enables throwing dead bodies.

waht do you think it means by ENABLES THROWING DEAD BODIES??? :rolling: :rolling:

The manipulator throws them around of course. I don't know if its some sort of jacked up weapon but i know u can lift and throw the bodies around.

Yea, i believe there's some way that you can throw bodies.

Someone could do us a favor and translate this dutch review here.

Cujo said:
Someone could do us a favor and translate this dutch review here.

Yeah. I mean, it's not going to take that long and think of how much praise you'll get.. I did some translation for a swedish preview and people appreciated it, it's worth the work.

Awesome man, I was always wondering that. Kick ass. :) :bounce:

You sure that's the gameplay review? The gameplay magazine gave it a 90 and at the end of that translation it says "96%"

:bounce: Sweet!!! Just makes the wait even more difficult.

I saw a picture of the manipulator holding a dead guy, and the glow of it was blue. Is that from this review?

ElFuhrer said:
I saw a picture of the manipulator holding a dead guy, and the glow of it was blue. Is that from this review?

thats not gonna be in teh game ...

that was just for demo purposes only to show off physics

no not that one. it looked exactly like the normal one, just with blue instead or orange. and it was holding a dead guy. it was from a review, the techdemo one was in 2003.

thats what i said man i know what you're talking about ... its not gonna be in teh game ...

The "enables throwing dead bodies" quote may just mean bodies being "thrown" by explosions etc - ragdoll physics. It's not 'official' that you can pick up bodies with the manipulator.. it's just speculation. It would be cool though.

How do you know? I heard you upgrade the manipulator as you progress through the game.

Platinum said:
thats what i said man i know what you're talking about ... its not gonna be in teh game ...

He's not talking about the physgun, Platinum. And that's all I'm going to say.

I'm sorry Platinum and Pressure, but you both may as well be posting magazine scans. Transcriptions or translations are unfortunately a breech of copyright.

We're not doing it to be Nazis, we're just complying with the law ;(

do you all remember in the old e3 2003 video where they set gordon in this room where they could test out and demonstrate all theh different types of phsysics; and there was like giant pachinko type pegs on the wall that barrels rolled off of into some water also in the room....but yea, there was also this dead combine soldier in there as well and the manipulator (im assuming it was the manipulator) was used to drag the body. the gun couldnt pick it up but it was draggable on the ground to push things off into the water or something. i dont know the different guns too well either so that may be the case right now.

P|aTiNum_ said:
do you all remember in the old e3 2003 video where they set gordon in this room where they could test out and demonstrate all theh different types of phsysics; and there was like giant pachinko type pegs on the wall that barrels rolled off of into some water also in the room....but yea, there was also this dead combine soldier in there as well and the manipulator (im assuming it was the manipulator) was used to drag the body. the gun couldnt pick it up but it was draggable on the ground to push things off into the water or something. i dont know the different guns too well either so that may be the case right now.

That wasn't the orange-beamed manipulator, that was the blue-beamed physgun. And it probably won't be in the game.

Kazuki_Fuse said:
How do you know? I heard you upgrade the manipulator as you progress through the game.
I don't, that's my point. None of us will know until we play the game. There's no actual confirmation either way.

Also, the physics gun from the e3 2003 tech demo was said not to be in the game, by Valve (most likely Gabe). It's in the Valve info thread somewhere. If it is there it'll probably only be available through a console command.

I'd like to be able to pick up and launch bodies as much as anyone, all I'm saying is that it's NOT official. That magazine quote could be interpreted in different ways, not to mention that it was translated from another language.

Brian Damage said:
That wasn't the orange-beamed manipulator, that was the blue-beamed physgun. And it probably won't be in the game.

i see, thanks for clearing that up for me

Yellonet said:
Thanks for the spoilers.
Well done for reading them to be honest...

I have no complaints with these spoilers being discussed here as everyone has used the spoiler tags.

Back