Free FTP Space

BlindTelepath

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of a free webhost that offers just a simple "blank slate" sorta deal - FTP account and you hit the ground running kinda deal. I don't want any browser-based uploader/page-maker/crappy tripe, just a simple efficient host. Domain names and things like that are obviously a plus, but just a place where I can upload small things. Any ideas?

Free bandwidth? lol, good luck finding that in any reliable quantity.

With their limitations, you might as well go with real hosting. I use Globat myself, since they give you the most bang for your buck.

Right now they have a nice $5 per month for 2GB storage with 75GB upload.

The problem with paying is the method - I have no credit card, otherwise I'd easily fork out 5$/month. Free = possible, paying = impossible. ;(

My FREE webhost has been great to me so far. No down times, mysql, php, 100megs of space, ftp, no ads,(300gigs bandwidth...only reached once by a user) etc... There is a signup thing but as long as you get 1 hit a week and provide content on your website you should get in.
I know a paid hosting is much more promising in the long run but hey, this does work.

Though if you just want some free FTP space they also made a seperate service just for that.
http://xthost.info/
30megs storage, FTP or Browser Upload, Free.
To create you just type your username and it will give you your pass and all the info you need. So you can create an account within...well how fast can you type your username?
This was completely made so you can upload small things and give it to a friend or something and not have any real content(Thus no PHP or Mysql support).

Back