Free games you MUST play

sabre0001

Reaction score
Post here any free games that you think everyone should play (plus a link to them...let's make this thread someway useful). Can be abandonware, freeware, shareware, flash, anything!

I'll start:
Curveball - Like a 3D pong...Early levels are piss easy but 6+ are quite fun and challenging

Trackmania: Nations - One that most have heard of at this stage...A competitive, challenging racing game that shows you how important getting the right racing line through corners is

Shameless propaganda but if you have the patience for it, it is actually a good online strategic shooter:
America's Army
Be prepared to go through a long and boring compulsory tutorial though.

btw Here is an article with about twenty must have free games.

For the flight sim and space crowd out there, I recommend a free space flight sim called Orbiter. This isn't one of those arcadey space shooters with your sound in space and lasers. No. This is the real deal. That being said, it's very complex and difficult (I haven't mastered it myself), but it's quite interesting to attempt to fly the space shuttle into orbit and dock with the ISS. Plus theres a relatively large fan database, so they're lots of usermade spacecraft.

Table Tennis - fun game, controls are similar to that 3d pong in that you can curve it with a sideways swipe. Back and forward swings for topspin are the best way to get by in rallies.

Kingdom of Loathing is awesome and everyone should play it.

(Even though I haven't touched the game in almost two years ;D)

I'm going to blast Starfox music and keep going until I can get at least that far O:<
--
Whew. Made it already. Life is again complete.

The ball's travelling so damn fast at that level that even hitting it once makes you feel like some kind of master transcendental guru monkmeister.

n-26.jpg

>>>>>>N<<<<<<<<
Its like Lode runner, to the EXTREME!

I miss the original Load Runner...

I need to find Shuffle Puck and Battle Chess somewhere.

Miniclip has alot of fun games...

Lunar Command (Missle/Patriot Command) is awesome.

Oh, man.. I downloaded that "N" game on my computer like 2 years ago, and then I beat it 6 weeks later.. some levels are damn hard.. good game, though.

Soldat:

http://www.soldat.pl/

Fun, 2D shooter, weapon choices range from dual deagles to a minigun, or a chainsaw if you prefer up close and personal.

Small download, runs in low resolution, fun, challenging bot play. Check it out.

For people who spend all their time with a browser window open and want something ticking away in the background:

OGame - Control a planet, raid other planets, trade and build colonies

Cybernations - Control a nation and appease your people or got to war!

Also have to agree with the suggested N - Brilliant game!

americas armyis cool, and this free mmorpg game called Silkroad is pretty fun too.

Yes theotherguy! TA:Spring FTW!

Also, another awesome free game (used to be paid)
Continuum (aka Subspace)

Top-down 2d space shooter. Possibly the first MMO game. Infact, I think one of the dev's coined the phrase around the release in 1997. It's so fun it should be illegal.

Back