fresh install of vista on laptop, no ethernet

pvtbones

Spy
Reaction score
so I have a HP DV2618ca laptop, my recovery partition was pooched so I had to borrow a vista installation disk to reinstall.

unfortunately there was no drivers installed. I managed to get the wireless going but unfortunately I don't have access to any wireless networks at the moment.

I've been using my trust flash drive and a friends nearby computer trying to get this resolved.

help me halflife2.net your my only hope.

Install CPU-Z...go to motherboard tab, go to manufacturers website on friends computer, get drivers

/profit

I'm trying to understand what you are asking. You now have the [correct] wireless drivers installed but you cannot find any nearby networks? The drivers don't seem to be working?

Have you have turned on the wireless network by enabling the switch on your laptop?

I'm trying to understand what you are asking. You now have the [correct] wireless drivers installed but you cannot find any nearby networks? The drivers don't seem to be working?

Have you have turned on the wireless network by enabling the switch on your laptop?

The wireless is fine nothing is wrong with it. I cannot access it because I do not know the security key and I am not privy to it because it's a business.

The witeless is fine. The ethernet is not.

The motherboard is a Wisteon 30D6

Why don't you download drivers on another machine, flash drive, move em over and install?

... That's what I'm trying to do I'm having trouble locating the right driver

be sure to try the "chipset" drivers...sometimes a lot of mobo functions are bundled into that.

Back