Fugitive Studios(Opposing Shephard) is hiring

hot564231

Reaction score
osbannerfsnew4el.jpg

http://s12.invisionfree.com/OpposingShephard/index.php
The Fugitive Studios development team is currently hiring various different roles and positions. If you are fit for any of the following roles listed (or even roles not listed), then go ahead and post in our Applications and Hiring Forum:
clicky

If we find your work great we will hire you within 24 hours to 38 hours of been posted.

Positions Availible:

<<Modelers: (4)
We are in the means of finding 4 modelers currently. They will be in charge of the following:
.props - all different types of props ranging from nature to outdoors. We have plenty of concepts and references to aid you in the development of these models (Heavily focusing on outdoor nature props, although there are a few city props required as well).

They will be working with many different objects for maps including trees, bases, as well as city material.

<<Weapons Animator: (2)
We are in the means of finding 2 animators currently. They will be in charge of animating:
.weapons
.props (for the environments)
.vehicles
They will be working with many different objects for maps including trees, bases, and even our vehicle models.

<<Texture Artists: (2-4)
We are in the means of finding 2-4 texture artists currently. They will be in charge of various jobs, including the following:
.map textures (This will be the main focus. Heavily based outdoor textures along with a few city textures).
.map object textures (texturing items and materials for the actual environments).
They will be in charge of giving us a unique and distinct look to our game.

<<Concept Artists: (2)
We are in the means of finding 2-4 concept artists currently. They will be in charge of various jobs, including the following:
.vehicle concepts.
.map concepts.
.weapon concepts.
.object concepts.
.NPC concepts
They will be the people in charge of creating and designing the items and objects found in the game. They will get to see their designs brought to life.

<<Level Designers (N/A)
We are in the means of finding Level Designers, They will be in charge of various jobs, including the following:
City43 - kinda of like city17 but with 43 on it.
Waste Land of City43
Sewers
and many more, there is a few design that we want to keep to our selfs.

<<Webmaster (1)
We are in the means of finding 1 Webmaster to look after the website, at the moment we have people with the lack of skill of working a website and others who can are very busy.

<<.QC scripters (2)
We are in the means of finding a talented .QC scripters about 2 should be needed, the jobs would be to make complex models work for Opposing Shephard (eg. Ragdolls, props, Race X Aliens, etc, etc)

Thats a up-to-date listing of where we are hiring. If you are expierenced in any of the above, leave a message here. If you are experienced in another area, feel free to also contact us.

To get a quick glimpse of our game, check out the two following images:

bwahaha, it starts again, i won't rail you guys this time.... but don't you think your looking for a bit to many staff, how about only a couple people rather then like 15. Read Crispy's "Start a mod thing", it may help you guys. Good luck!

i got my shotgun *lock & load sounds*

egoncalo said:
bwahaha, it starts again, i won't rail you guys this time.... but don't you think your looking for a bit to many staff, how about only a couple people rather then like 15. Read Crispy's "Start a mod thing", it may help you guys. Good luck!

well we know for a fact where not going to get all the help at once, only a fool would think that unless your the leader of Black Mesa: Source, but we might as well say what we need, and hope for the best

Well I'm not saying that like your not going to get it. I'm saying smaller teams are easy to manage, better to work with, and are usually more dedicated. Managing large teams, and getting them to stay active is a hard task, and generally sucks. Bad things happen with large teams.

hey it will take along time before we get a big team like that, more than likely we will get 1/4 of what we are looking for

i think with good management a big team can work. as you can see from traps even a small team can fail with bad managment.

p.s id like to query that helicopter thign beeing made out of triteranium. does that actualy exist. it sounds kinda stupid.

HL2 world anything can happen :p anyway i didn't come up with that

TARU - "Tactical Arial Recon Unit"

Maximum altitude of 18 feet? Right... Optimal altitude of 5 feet? Who the hell designed this?

my dad out in the back with his tools, the combine who do u think.

Well as far as the recruitment part of things goes, thats a hell of a start compared to the... other... one. Well, I hope you have luck in finding some good members. You have some media to show for, so that should help you.

do u not see the two pictures below the main post? btw we'll been working for at least a good few months now trying to get our self on our feet again, the first team was bound to fail the first time, i admit i knew it my self, we'll been pretty careful lately getting the right team members, we don't our mod to be Noobs Union.

btw to all those reading this thread!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

City 43? I'm almost certain there aren't that many cities strewn around the planet. The charts in the trainstation show only 30. Perhaps a more realistic number would be in order.

I thought a mod needs coders? You already have twenty?

@Maxi: we have a coder, General1337

@Samon: How do u know there's only 30 citys? there could be 100's of citys, they could small, big and what-not

hot564231 said:
<<.QC scripters (2)
We are in the means of finding a talented .QC scripters about 2 should be needed, the jobs would be to make complex models work for Opposing Shephard (eg. Ragdolls, props, Race X Aliens, etc, etc)

That's nice. Are you also going to hire seperate "Model compilers" who have the hefty job of dragging the .qc onto the studiomdl.exe? I would personally recommend an independently hired "Model Filename Committee", tasked with picking the preferred filenames for each model. Your 4+ modellers obviously don't have time for such complicated subtasks.

No.... , only for complex models, our modeller is new to HL2 compiling, he can compile simple prop model's but for others, it a bit of pain in the ass for him

hot564231 said:
@Maxi: we have a coder, General1337

@Samon: How do u know there's only 30 citys? there could be 100's of citys, they could small, big and what-not

But surely, since you have so many modellers and map makers, you need the coders to make it all work? or is General Leet that leet?

we only have have 2 level designers, 1 modeller(the other seems to have disappeared >_>), 1 coder, 2 concept artist's, and few other others

theGreenBunny said:
That's nice. Are you also going to hire seperate "Model compilers" who have the hefty job of dragging the .qc onto the studiomdl.exe? I would personally recommend an independently hired "Model Filename Committee", tasked with picking the preferred filenames for each model. Your 4+ modellers obviously don't have time for such complicated subtasks.

TGB, you are a god.

-Angry Lawyer

look if you dont want to join this mod dont trash the thread. its not really fair. also jason why dont you explain some of the stuff genral leet has coded for the mod. like i told you to.

well i'd edited this down, some stuff i'm keeping for are self's

-----------------------------------------------
Mapper Stuffs
1. Thermal Vision -Body Heat Sensors-
2. Fake heat -Used for creating fake heat *IE sun, etc*
3. Enhanced RAIN and Fog
4. Nightvision fog distance -Used for creating fog when nightvision is on-
5. Sexy new lights
6. Models more steady and work better (Dont flip flop around)
7. FGD changed
8. Dynamic streamer(INFO 8)
GENERAL NEW THINGS
1. Base Builder
2. Thermal Vision
3. AI Relationships
4. Damage indicators
5. BLOOD SPLATS(Info 5G)
6. Teleportation Gates
7. Focus
8. Focus from AUX

we went for something better, do u have a problem with that?

remember what i said about responding proffesionaly. i think avoiding using words like piss is quite important too :D

ROFL, this mod isn't run by a studio, it's a bunch of half-wits. Let crackhead lead the mod, you are a joke.

Yeh and bugs my ass.

Let crackhead lead the mod, you are a joke.

is that sarcastic? im not involved with the mod and i wouldnt want to be involved (i think the whole idea is quite boring) . also jason isnt the teamleader.

hot564231 said:

Because the time table at the train station shows that.

Look at this way. Earth is a wasteland inhabited by alien wildlife, ravaged by portal storms and plucked of resources. Humanities numbers are very, very low...there are hardly any humans left, were almost extinct.

100 odd cities would make no sense. It'd be ridiculous. I'm merely suggesting you change the city number to something more reasonable, because lets face it. There are no more than 30.

Hot, if you want people to take the mod seriously, you need to be more professional. U is not a stand in for you.

Samon said:
Because the time table at the train station shows that.

Look at this way. Earth is a wasteland inhabited by alien wildlife, ravaged by portal storms and plucked of resources. Humanities numbers are very, very low...there are hardly any humans left, were almost extinct.

100 odd cities would make no sense. It'd be ridiculous. I'm merely suggesting you change the city number to something more reasonable, because lets face it. There are no more than 30.

Hot, if you want people to take the mod seriously, you need to be more professional. U is not a stand in for you.

i'm not say there is 100 city's, i'm saying there could be, from the info we got from HL2 wasn't very much, we got a little info about the city's, anyway the people in the HL2 world believe Gordon has been around as long as them, and it's like asking a soldier in WW2 "why are you fighting for :O * , and this is why u don't get the big FAQ for the HL2 world.

So in Turn we don't know the HL2 world that well

SixThree said:
TARU - "Tactical Arial Recon Unit"

Maximum altitude of 18 feet? Right... Optimal altitude of 5 feet? Who the hell designed this?

LOOOOL

Forget about the number of cities, this shit is hilarious all on its own!

Opposing Shepard is the best mod ever!!

Lol thats a mistake, more or less it will act like the chopper when flying

hot564231 said:
i'm not say there is 100 city's, i'm saying there could be, from the info we got from HL2 wasn't very much, we got a little info about the city's, anyway the people in the HL2 world believe Gordon has been around as long as them, and it's like asking a soldier in WW2 "why are you fighting for :O * , and this is why u don't get the big FAQ for the HL2 world.

So in Turn we don't know the HL2 world that well

We do know it that well, Hot. Seriously, theres a great deal of information given. I'm merely saying you should change the number to something more reasonable.

Maybe you should try being on a mod team before you start a mod.

once again hes not the mod leader of opposing shepard. and hes also not asking for your opinion on the mod or on his ability to produce a mod hes requesting help and has every right to do so.

Well, since we are the community and will ultimately be the ones playing the mod, I say we can make what comments we like. Is he going to block his ears to criticism? No sir, he should not. He should take it onboard.

Nobody said he doesn't have a right to request help that is after all the very point of this forum. But we have every right to criticize, so when you’re off your high horse crackhead, we'll continue.

Whats more, Hot did, as far as I'm aware, begin the mod.

Samon said:
Whats more, Hot did, as far as I'm aware, begin the mod.

And he sent me hateful PMs on leak-free when he last got banned from here ;)

-Angry Lawyer

How unprofessional of him. I remember Hot calling me 'that bastard from Hl2.net' on Leak free, because I said his story downright sucked.
I honestly hope its changed, I mean, if you've any HL2 universe questions then feel free to post them but hey, lets buck the attitude.

Back