Fun Things In Half-life 2

hellboy900

Reaction score
Whats the thing you like doing most in Half-life 2?

Mine would have to be using garry's mod in the game...you can do so many fun things.

Too much to mention, at this time though, i'd say going into bullet time in the new substance mod, shooting a combine in the face witha deagle, watching them fly, and as time returns to normal watching them somersaut over walls. 50 kills on and its still funny. :)

Its an entire remake of Halflife 2 single player called Halflife 2 : Substance.

Thread on the mod
Where to download

Loads of new guns and stuff, extra enemies, just press 'v' to go into bullet time. Its quite a big mod, but worth it i assure you.
(oh and theres friendly fire on, so you can kill citizens :))

I must need more RAM because the game froze when i was playing.

I like to go into the console and play around with the speed of the physics. Now that's a good time.

I'll have to agree with you guys, HL2: Substance was a great mod. So is the Strider mods (SP and MP). And lastly, Garry's mod. I love that mod so much, although Garry's moderators on the forums are mean like... :flame: . Yeah tough around there, but I love Garry's, it's good. www.garry.tv/garrysmod , www.hl2files.com Hope you like the sites. :thumbs:

Cheating to get the super gravity gun, then making copies of citizens, then beating the citizens with their own lifeless corpses. Good times.

Garry's Mod, so i can make gigantic massive pointless poses, or fill cargo crates full of explosive barrels, and crap like that.

And getting scanners and beating combine over the head with them.

Playing with Alyx and Dog to learn how to use the gravitygun was one of the most funny things I think! Felt like a break from all the "bad things" I was fighting against ;)

completely "pwning" the combine elite in the citadel, grabbing one by the foot and flinging him 50 yrds into a group coming to get you - so so funny:D

Get two of you together in a multiplayer game, now get three crates, stand a little way apart, with the grav gun, launch one crate up in the air towards your partner, pick up the next one and launch that just as the other one comes down, second person grabs the falling crate just as it comes down in front of them third crate is to be fired into the air. Second person fires the crate to first person, first person fires crate into the air as second person grabs falling crate....etc etc....juggling with crates and grav guns...last did it at a LAN party :) Everyone was most impressed. Shame I didn't get a third person to take a video clip. It was awesome :)

Hectic Glenn said:
Its an entire remake of Halflife 2 single player called Halflife 2 : Substance.

Thread on the mod
Where to download

Loads of new guns and stuff, extra enemies, just press 'v' to go into bullet time. Its quite a big mod, but worth it i assure you.
(oh and theres friendly fire on, so you can kill citizens :))
Doesn't look that great... Seems like a crowded version of the original with a few awful re-skins. A BEARED G-Man!? I mean what!?
And apparently you can NEVER have too many Striders.

The best part of half-life 2 was beating it the first time. Now i just gotta wait for some total conversion mods.

fun things: setting fire on birds.

not fun things: lag, rebooting computers, dying, epilepsy, hard mode, g-man, ravenholm, freezes, warm reboots, freaking motion sickeness,too much so realistic blood..... ect.

Throwing things at people, throwing tvs out the window, pwning Combine en masse with Antlions :E

I agree that ravenholm was one of the most boring places in the game, just same thing over and over again. Only fun thing was in the end when u walked over the cementary :)

Playing through Hard without taking Health damage.

Saving and reloading allowed, mind you.

I like to edit the weapon values of the guns to make it do weird things. Like edit the powers of the orage gravity gun, and all the other weapons. My fave is setting the shotgun to fire 100 pellets, doing 100 damage each....massive destruction.

Iv been away for a while but there has been some interesting post here. thnx

I also like just to go back to some of my favorite lvls and just play around, like making npc battles with garrys mod...the duplicator helps alot in that area.

Back