Funny things you can do in hl2 (Spoilers of a sort)

P

PrivateHudson

You can change the physics so that objects can slow down in time or even freeze in mid air. For instance, you can blow up 50 combine with a modified grenade that is 50x more powerful and freeze all their bodies in mid air (like the burly brawl) and jump on top of them.

You can change the crowbar strength to launch people about a mile up and into the air, literally. You can modify the physics cannon to lift even the heaviest objects. Neat sh1t.

you can use the gravity gun to lift a walking strider?

Is it me, or is this kid just posting spoilers of sorts?

Im not sure, is it even fact? he might have made this up? ive not seen anything on this previously...

Basically, when you get the game, open the console and start with the letter a and just type a. There will be a drop down menu with all commands that start with a. Start ****ing around with the ones that make sense. You can go down the alphabet. Say you type in g and then scroll down to g_physspeed = 1. Type in g_physspeed = .2. Now everything will slow down. I don't know the commands since I don't have the game. Just remember to start ****ing around with the variables that make sense. if you see crowbar_strength = 40 then type 50000. Shit like that.

And how do you know that?
Do you mean modding or, like, game setup or console or what?
EDIT: Shait, Im slow to type :p

It's nothing new. You can do all that shit in CS: Source right now.

LOL hes making this up as he goes along! fraudster! i think we could have worked this out ourselves...but i also think valve wouldnt make it that easy to cheat :rolleyes:

czrink...hes probably a plumber or something.

making gordon super strong like superman sounds interesting and cool

omg so pr0 it hurts

the bloke has an idea but the likely hood you can do that in the single player will be like zilch as u could cheat and get sumwhere wit a combine ladder of sorts

Uh its a fact. Trust me. One cool thing you can do is freeze the physics, pull out your sooped up crowbar, hit barney fify times and then do a slow motion of the physics and then watch him sail away into the sky. You can even kill yourself by taking heavily modified manipulator gun, the one that spits shit out, shoot like a car, make sure you have physics time = 0. walk to the other side of the car, turn physics back on to a slow speed and watch the car slowly move at you and kill you. The car is actually traveling about 100 yards a second but you have time slowed down. You can kill striders by getting in them and then hitting with a crowbar on the head and then they drop hard. You can pick them up with the phys cannon.

Woah, this is becoming more interesting by the minute! Is there no end to this user's wealth of Source knowledge?

I'm telling you, it's Gabe.

omg knowing this just raises the anticipation even more to get hl2

OMG! That sounds fun matrix style :sniper:

How do you know this?

i have been able to do it in CS:S so he is trying to annoy people by saying you can do it in HL2 (which u prob can) but he is saying he has done it (but i bet he did it on CS:S)

i hate it when people do all the talking but not the showing ;)

How could it let you do it in CS:S? You couldnt do it in a server.

could you do these things even if you got the games off of steam? i still cant figure out how to open the console menu on steam.

czrsink said:
Woah, this is becoming more interesting by the minute! Is there no end to this user's wealth of Source knowledge?

I'm telling you, it's Gabe.

How could that be possible, for I am Gabe, take my word for it.

Gabe? can you get me a new pc for chrissy i pwomise ill be good :angel:

I just tried it on Cs:s- its fair cool but i doesnt work with client side physics(cans etc.)- and grenades dont do it. You can shoot barrels at yourself- and while its paused if you keep shooting them- all the damage happens at the same time when you put the speed back up.

Oh i werent doing G_PHYSSPEED i was using Phys_somert-or-other.

You can use the above mentioned method and make "über 1337" machinima movies ala matrix

Great doing stuff like that.Er...would anybody really WANT to? Who has the time?

I don't understand how people didn't believe him.

You can do stuff like this in every game.

For example, you open some map from halo in a hex editor, copy the value of the rocketlauncher (only the one for damage, so speed and number of bullets will stay the same), paste it at the pistol value's. Start a new server, run the map and your pistol will shoot as much as normal, same speed as normal, but will do damage of a rocketlauncher.

These kinda tricks are nothing now, now you just change the values of the physics. Physics is just another value you can change and mess up.

But when you do this, make a back up file, or write down the normal values.

He has the HL2 pre-alpha leak you morons. Lol. And yes, all of what he said is true except for the strider part.

I just want to play the game. I'll leave the 'making things float in the air and stuff' for the guys who have yet to kiss a girl.

if

If the physics manipulation is possible as he says im thinking of ( if possible) stopping a fight scene with the combine, using the manipulator gun and moving the combine infront of their own bullets....... TUESDAY COME NOW! :)

wbcninjaofmist said:
If the physics manipulation is possible as he says im thinking of ( if possible) stopping a fight scene with the combine, using the manipulator gun and moving the combine infront of their own bullets....... TUESDAY COME NOW! :)

Wouldn't work with most bullets as they're instant hits, but there are some cool uses for this stuff!

I'll be staying up late quite a bit in the weeks to come!

trantjd said:
Wouldn't work with most bullets as they're instant hits, but there are some cool uses for this stuff!

I'll be staying up late quite a bit in the weeks to come!

Yeah, me too. :)

you can do this in CS:S.
sv_cheats 1
phys_timescale 1 Default is 1, change it to .1 up to 9, the physic objects move slower or faster
time_scale 1 Default 1 change it to .1 up to 9, makes the game slowmotion, you can even watch the reload animations like every frame.
Those are the only ones I can think about.

Hotpot said:
I just want to play the game. I'll leave the 'making things float in the air and stuff' for the guys who have yet to kiss a girl.

Man, this made me laugh. Thanks.

Back