Fusion Pack Source v1.0 Released

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The popular replacement pack for Counter-Strike is making a return but this time you get to enjoy it in all the high definition of the Source engine for Counter-Strike: Source. The pack includes a myriad of new additions including new weapon models, player models, sounds and HUD replacements. Here's a full list of features:
Fusion Pack: Source v1.0 Features:[*]Added new console background. [*]Added new HUD text and colors. [*]Added new Counter-Terrorist Player Model. [*]Added new Terrorist Player Model. [*]Added new Weapon Sounds. [*]Added new Player Sounds. [*]Added new Radio Sounds. [*]Added new Item and Misc Sounds. [*]Added new Knife model. [*]Added new Desert Eagle Pistol Model. [*]Added new Berreta Elites Model. [*]Added new Fiveseven Pistol Model. [*]Added new Glock Pistol Model. [*]Added new P228 Pistol Model. [*]Added new USP45 Pistol Model. [*]Added new AK47 Rifle Model. [*]Added new FAMAS Rifle Model. [*]Added new M4A1 Rifle Model. [*]Added new SG552 Rifle Model. [*]Added new M3 Shotgun Model. [*]Added new XM1014 Shotgun Model. [*]Added new Mac10 SMG Model. [*]Added new MP5 SMG Model. [*] Added new P90 SMG Model. [*]Added new AWM Rifle Model. [*]Added new Dust and Dust 2 Sand Texture. [*]Added realistic weapon names.
[/list]
If that wasn't enough to get you going, here's some screenshots of the replacement pack in action:[br]

[br]It certainly is looking great so far so if you want to grab a download of it you can here or here but remember when you do go to install the pack that you will need to enter the password which is fpsource349.[br]You can find out more information on the Fusion Pack: Source by clicking here.

Whats the point of having a password for an installation? I'll download them later to see what they're like. Will I have to backup my original/default skins?

Harryz said:
Whats the point of having a password for an installation? I'll download them later to see what they're like. Will I have to backup my original/default skins?
Your original skins are in your CS:Source cache file so no.

I think the point of the password is so that people aren't just leeching it from filemirrors.com or whatever and not visiting their website.

Okay, I'm a retard, but this is just some fan-made stuff, right?

If it's that great it should be an auto Steam-update... Hmm. :)

Be gentle...

Yes Heavy P, it's not official.

wow. that looks great!

i'm right in assuming to uninstall these you'd just delete them from wherever they were installed to and Steam would just read from the GCF's again yeah?

GonzoBabbleshit said:
wow. that looks great!

i'm right in assuming to uninstall these you'd just delete them from wherever they were installed to and Steam would just read from the GCF's again yeah?
Exactly :)

GF is the biggest peice of CRAP ever to be made.
They are ripping other peoples models, stealing (removing credits etc.) AND they take money for stuff that is already released! (they make a few things themselves, but most is community made)

They should be sued and then get their balls ripped off.

all the damn servers are denying me entrance because of the alterations...

The b33f.co.uk servers shouldn't be. I just tested it on those.

This is true... unless consistency is set to 0, these models will get you in trouble on pure servers.

St0lve is absolutely correct. GF and their Fusion packs are an absolute ripoff of high-quality community work. This would be fine if they gave it away, but they charge money for it (even in a roundabout way this is highly illegitimate). Including this as a 'featurette' in a suite of payed-for-content is just as wrong as if they would be selling the download invidually. Even worse, they rarely credit the authors if at all... pathetic.

doesnt work for me.. do you have to be logged out of steam for this to work?

hellllllpppp

Would be cool if it wasn't for that pure server thing. I want to be able to play on all servers so this pack = nothx. :/

I registered here just to mention how aggravated I am from my overall experience with this pack. Not only do the new sounds and weapon skins suck horribly (I will admit, a minor qualm), but my homepage in my browser was "magically" changed to the creators' website without my permission or even prompting me. **** them. From reading some of the previous posts, these guys don't seem to be worthy of the air they breath to begin with.

[/rant]

ninja edit: I suppose that I'd probably be repremanded for by-passing the language filter, huh?

Λpsalus said:
I registered here just to mention how aggravated I am from my overall experience with this pack. Not only do the new sounds and weapon skins suck horribly (I will admit, a minor qualm), but my homepage in my browser was "magically" changed to the creators' website without my permission or even prompting me. **** them. From reading some of the previous posts, these guys don't seem to be worthy of the air they breath to begin with.

[/rant]

ninja edit: I suppose that I'd probably be repremanded for by-passing the language filter, huh?
It might be better if you take this up with the creators of the pack rather than on our forums. Ranting here isn't going to do you any good.

It didn't change my homepage, but i'm using Firefox :/

If they really have a script that does that in the mod, fudge them!

it was a good idea but done by pure ****s and steal peoples intellectual property

Chris_D said:
It might be better if you take this up with the creators of the pack rather than on our forums. Ranting here isn't going to do you any good.
I just thought that I'd post my experience with it here. I am allowed to do that, aren't I? I'm not going anywhere near their site or forums again. They sound like a real reasonable bunch. :rolleyes:

Problems

I tried to get the pack to work and now the game runs really slow. Anyone else have this problem? I put the graphics on lowest settings and I can't get more than 10 fps and even the mouse moves super laggy/slow

st0lve said:
GF is the biggest peice of CRAP ever to be made.
They are ripping other peoples models, stealing (removing credits etc.) AND they take money for stuff that is already released! (they make a few things themselves, but most is community made)

They should be sued and then get their balls ripped off.

I would have to somewhat agree as I recognize some sounds from UbiSoft ( Ro.gue Sp.ear etc )....

Chumps... so are their passwords so you HAVE to go to their website and be burdened with ads.

AND SCREW THEM FOR CHANGING MY HOMEPAGE Hijack'n monkies.

What if I dont want the whole fusion pack, but I want some of the skins???

I was gonna try this out, but I don't think I'll bother now, because the guys who make this thing sound incredibly lame. And forcibly changing your homepage... that's something that you'd expect from crap software full of spyware. No thanks.

i can't believe how many people have complained about......oh God no!.....their homepage being changed! get over yourself pussies!

Granted i'm not impressed with there supposed stealing of models, but really, I've never seen such aimless whinging. do something constructive, get a job!

GonzoBabbleshit said:
i can't believe how many people have complained about......oh God no!.....their homepage being changed! get over yourself pussies!

Granted i'm not impressed with there supposed stealing of models, but really, I've never seen such aimless whinging. do something constructive, get a job!
It's not so much about the homepage being changed as it is about not knowing what else it could be tampering with. I don't care about the homepage thing, as I don't use IE anyway, but anything that changes system settings behind my back (why can't they at least give me the option to?) makes me wary. I suppose you're the kind of computer user that installs every program under the sun without a care of what else you could be putting on your computer, but I tend to be a little more cautious than that. And as for a job, I have one, albeit a shitty, low-paying one, but a job nonetheless. :cheers:

mmm ct and t models serioudly blow, cant tell them apart
the only way i play with this pack is:
if that shit shoots at you, shoot it back

Chris_D said:
Sure it does. It gave me fair warning to not download this mod.

O great... do we really need another one of these pieces 'O shyte? Who's models did they rip off this time? What kind of adware does it come with? Oh the exitement! I just cant wait to install this. :|

removed it from my my pc.. piece of crap didn't work after 3 attempts to install it.

I'll just wait for Valve to release the new player models F*** Fusion

Bah.

I wish I'd never installed this pack. Not only did most of the sounds suck more than Valve's, only 2 of the models were any good ( M4 and USP ). I'll treat it like any other weapons/model pack - choose the sounds/models I want and discard the rest - I'm still grateful, but for a highly regarded pack from a renowned website, this seems pretty poor.

Random Hero - If you install the mod to a different directory than your CS:Source one, you can then go to said directory and pick n' choose which folders you want to use.

Eg, if you just wanted the pack's models, then you'd overwrite the models and materials folders in /steamapps/(username)/counter-strike source/cstrike with the materials and models folders from the directory you extracted the Fusion Pack into.

The install is just a self-extractor, so use it like one :)

-jondy

Its better to download/install your own models/sounds one by one, that way, you can screen out the crap/spyware, and you get to know the creator's work, and that leads to better versions/models too.
Not to mention bypassing the spyware.

Yeah I'm not touching anything from GF, I'm happy to wait till the CS community starts pumping out some nice replacements, like Bliink said - individual models are better than packs anyhow since you decide on each model without having to download them all then throw most away, and you get to know whose work you prefer (for instance I used to love LACAs photoreal stuff for 1.6)

In the meantime I really should start to learn a bit more about the new hammer and XSI, but knowing me I'll just sit on my arse playing cs till csnation opens up a CS:S skins section.

When they enable VAC2, it will detect files have been altered and ban everyones steam accounts who installed this mod.

...at a guess....

One hack for ye olde CS just replaced player models with pure green(T) and pure red(CT) skins, and used an external program that aimed the crosshair at the head of the red/green model and fired. If VAC2 detects custom models have been applied it'll probably get ban-happy.

Back