fx-55

mmm $800 dollars...

when are intel releasing their 64bit chip? i mean competition means lower prices, and a fatter wallet.

Jesus, A-64 4000+!? That's really insane. It's probably clocked at 3.0 ghz....holy f**k. And a 64-bit...man...

I'm gonna get me an fx-57 as soon as its out.

I wonder how this is going to affect prices. Athlon 64 prices are very steep right now. I would like for them to take a nose dive.

guinny said:
I'm gonna get me an fx-57 as soon as its out.

As I said in my previous post, FX57 is coming q2 2005.........I am getting the fx55 this december. Just after HL2 releases :naughty:

Erm I might have to buy a FX-55 now insted of a FX-53.

Gorgon said:
As I said in my previous post, FX57 is coming q2 2005.........I am getting the fx55 this december. Just after HL2 releases :naughty:

I know, thats about the time I usually upgrade (once a year), best part is i wont have to buy a whole new comp this time...just a $900+ processor and maybe another gig of ram.

I want an AMD Athlon 256 FX-59 6000+ socket 939.
And is this the AMD Athlon 64 4000+ and the AMD Athlon 64 FX-55? Or is it the AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 4000+?
At least now the FX-53 will be cheaper...and then the FX-55 will be even cheaper when the FX-61 comes out!
:D

Damn that $5000 tuition, I could have build the mother of all computers (for two hours, that it would already be the grandmother, and after 12 hours, it'll be average).

I dont think I would ever buy an FX series cpus just because the price vs performance isnt there. Its kinda like throwing money away for another 10% performance

Guinny: We all know you're a rich kid, or a kid with rich parents, you don't have to keep reminding us. And adding a gig of ram=bad idea. too much ram, as a thread a bit ago showed, slows ya down.

blackeye: I agree with you on the price/performance thing.

I don't think Guinny's rich, if you get a job and save up your money anyone could get a nice machine.

bosox188 said:
I don't think Guinny's rich, if you get a job and save up your money anyone could get a nice machine.

Thank you bosox. I laugh when I see normal people on this forum more mature than the mods.

Most people have stuff they have to pay for, such as school, car, house/rent, food, etc.

Anyway, Guinny, I don't think you're one to talk about maturity.... "omg 6800ultra is the worst card ever, the only good card is the x800xt PE!!!!111"

guinny is living with his parents and has a job so he can keep the money he make and let the parents handle the rest.

umm forget about what I said, he's only 16-17, by that time you go to school.......and not working(well most of the people)

I remember he said once about Doom III something like, " Doom III better be worth it because I am having financial problems" or something like that.

blackeye said:
What did you write? Its edited out :frown:

Nothing that needed to be edited.. there were no personal attacks or anything.

ASUS IS A MOD!!! WOOO!!!! Bout friggin time.

imo guinny is spolied he said he had the option of a new car or a pc, and he ended up getting both, what 16 year old can afford that!?

i build/bought my rig and w/ a few performance tweaks i could easily beat guinny, and i payed alot less!

well ive bought an s939 3500+ specifically so i can upgrade next year sometime. Possibly something between 4500+ and 5000+

GreasedNeut said:
imo guinny is spolied he said he had the option of a new car or a pc, and he ended up getting both, what 16 year old can afford that!?

i build/bought my rig and w/ a few performance tweaks i could easily beat guinny, and i payed alot less!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

cute :imu:

:imu: :imu: :imu: :imu: :imu: :imu: :imu: look there sooo cute, arrrrrrrr nooooooo there eating me help they have morphed in to ant lions help :x

well ive bought an s939 3500+ specifically so i can upgrade next year sometime. Possibly something between 4500+ and 5000+
Does anyone remeber if the 4500 or 5000 are going to be dual core and will we have to wait untill longhorn to actually be able to notice a difference between that and a single core cpu.

Well, check out this Roadmap and you see the Athlon 64 and Sepron series will be single core through the second half of 2005.
The 4200+ and 4400+ are based off of the Winchester core.

The Opteron and FX series look like they will be the first for Dual Core.

its 90nm so will it be a decent overclocker right out of the start or are we going to have to wait untill the cpu "matures a little"?

Generally the first chips will be mixed but the 2nd revision or stepping will be improved with much better OCing possible.

Although
[url=http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20040715155708.html]xbitlabs[/url] said:
"According to a report at XtremeSystems.org web-site, the new AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processors made using 90nm fabrication process work about 5% faster than the same 3500+ chips produced using 130nm process technology in CPUMark99 benchmark."

Hopefully we start seeing some of the 90nm chips in the next month or two shipping in volume.

blackeye said:
Hopefully we start seeing some of the 90nm chips in the next month or two shipping in volume.
I would be looking for them to start popping up during November. That's my own guess. Although AMD has suprised us a lot before, like the release of the Athlon 64 3000+.

Gimme a hug Asus...because for once, AMD will possibly be dominant over Intel (in everything I mean) with their new chip...

guinny said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

cute :imu:

^ post like that are what makes us think you are a spoiled little kid. Stay mature please.

Back