fy_showdown (2nd room of my amusement park)

U

uberDingo

I'm working on a map that will be de_amusement when it's done. I've already posted some screenshots of the first room I worked on (the pinball map ... http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78070&highlight=pinball)

This is another room of the park. It's a shoot'em up target range. There's a chuckwagon that will give you a ride through the game/map. There are 55 targets in all. Each time you shoot a target it registers on the digital scoreboard where the ride starts. I've adapted it into a fy_ map so that I can get it play tested on my server. It's actually a pretty fun map to play but playing the shoot 'em up game is pretty damn hard with other people shooting at you.

This is also my first time to use custom textures (wow, was that easy.. should have done it long time ago). I only have a few customs in there for things I needed. The outlaw cowboy targets, the cacti, the cheesy amusement park painted desert background (I say that because it's not supposed to look real), I made a canvas texture for my chuckwagons. Other then that I think I just made 3 more for the Wild Bill's Texas Showdown ride sign and the Showdown Saloon sign.

If you run it locally and just play the map by yer self, see how many targets you can hit. The best I could do was 37 :/

Come play it at 69.93.55.6:27015 ;)
I've also got two other maps I made running there. de_ambush and cs_darkride.

(click on thumbnail to enlarge)

looks really fun mate, will try it when i have the time!! keep up the good work

download link ?

I dont wanna have to go to your server to get it, take a while methinks :)

Looks really cool though. Can't wait for the full map.

Also, I sent you a PM :)

made some additions...

http://www.roadtripauctions.com/fy_showdown/fy_showdown_v3.rar

or you can come play it on my server Dingolicous 69.93.55.6

Anyways, I made all the swinging doors real swining doors /w physics hinges. I also made all the shutters touch/use and both open with one use to make them flow in gameplay better. Added 3 more outlaw cowboy target boards for variety.

Back