G-Man screenshot thread!

coZ

Reaction score
Hey all I’ve come across the G-Man a few times playing through the game now and I was thinking of making a thread about how many times the G-Man shows up so here is one to start everyone off.. Let’s try and get them all up…

In the flesh/TV’s it doesn’t matter, just as long it’s not from the cut scenes… they aren’t counted…

Here is one I thought would be hard to spot for everyone... it was taken from one of them big a$$ TV things that were bugged up... ;)

PS: Keep the screenshot name HL2 gives the images so we know what map they are from.

Theres 10 and they are all listed in the game guide book :x

coZ said:
Hey all I’ve come across the G-Man a few times playing through the game now and I was thinking of making a thread about how many times the G-Man shows up so here is one to start everyone off.. Let’s try and get them all up…

In the flesh/TV’s it doesn’t matter, just as long it’s not from the cut scenes… they aren’t counted…

Here is one I thought would be hard to spot for everyone... it was taken from one of them big a$$ TV things that were bugged up... ;)

PS: Keep the screenshot name HL2 gives the images so we know what map they are from.

Whoa I TOTALLY missed that one on the TV. Good eyes. Take a break from HL2 so that they don't go crappy :)

Just kidding. I'm playing through it again so hopefully I will spot him all 10 times... or more... :rolleyes:

There's actually a gman appearance that the book did not mention. This also leads to a bug that clones one of the story characters and allows you to get up within crowbar's reach of the gman. :p I'll get a demo up in a bit unless someone claims it's old.

~Chris

Here's one from the prison.
http://www.trepid.net/images/hl2/d2_prison_020069.jpg

And I coulda sworn I saw him during all the chaos in the streets of city17...during "Follow Freeman" I think. I was actually about to take a screenshot when a strider killed me. Then I couldn't remember where I was looking when I saw him or when I was looking that way.

But yeah, I want to play through HL2 again just to see if I can find out where's G-Man/Waldo.

Places I've seen him:

1st: On a security monitor in the first scenario.

2nd: On the dam furthar down the river from the pic above.

3rd: Through the telescope looking over at the place where you obtain the RPG Laucher for the first time.

4th: On a TV playing game-show like music just after Dog graps onto the Dropship. The TV turns off after about 2 seconds.

Really should've took screenshots, I'll try and get some later. :p

for the 3rd one, are you talking about those 2 guys who look like their doing a business dealing ?

Yeah. One of them had a suitcase and looked a lot like him.

hey guys!!!....If you think that the strat guide (which i have) shows ALL THE G-MAN sightings....YOUR WRONG! VERY WRONG!

the g-man sighting in the strat guide shows 11 sightings...

now i have seen the g-man 3 times and one of them isn't in the strat guide. i have seen screenshots of other peoples finds and they also are NOT in the strat guide!

so go g-man hunting because there are loads out there!

Yeah, the telescope one is the sighting I was referring to also. To get the bug where the guy that gives you the rocket launcher gets cloned and the gman is still on the roof, look through the telescope only after you shot down the gunship. Don't look through it before shooting down the gunship and only look through it once. Return to the roof of the building seen through the telescope to find the clone of rpg guy milling about and gman himself.

~Chris

Im pretty sure im really close to the end of the game and ive only seen him once. I remember gabe said you should shoot him but i did and he just walked away.
edit: telescope? damn must have missed it.

commando, post the ss's.

yeh, the telescope is in a small house during the coast level :X

Damn, I must have seen him like 3 time during the game.. =)

So has anyone discovered how much of a 'bad idea' it is to shoot him? What happens, apart from nothing?

destrukt said:
he flips out and does some matrix-styled moves.
haha...

I took 2 more shots…
here and here...

There is also one at the start when u meet up with Dr kleiner, Alyx and Barney on the monitors just b4 u get your HEV suit on he chucks on the street cams to see what’s going on... If u go up to it while his talking u can flip the channel and u see G-Man...

I'll try and get a shot of it...

PS: I found a map bug/glitch check it out here... looks like the light is hanging mid air...

Even if you shoot your team nothing happens... Friendly fire isn’t enabled in single player…

i found half life 1's gman in the airboat sequence..
you get a cookie if you find it too.
(hint : it's not what you might think..)

destrukt said:
awesome finds coZ, post more ;D
Thanks, i need some sleep now lol... i been playing hl2 prety much every minute of the past 2 days... its almost 12am in sydney atm... need some sleep..

ill post some more when i get a chance... :x

At the end of the airboat sequence, at the dam near Black Mesa East, I thought I chanced upon the G Man before I open the dam doors. I thought he was a Combiner so I followed him until I discovered he's gone. Then I realise who I actually went after *cue Twilight Zone music*

I saw him before entering eli's laboratory, when you destroy you're first helicopter. I can't make a screen right now i'm in my school. I hate him he always disappear.

one no one has mentioned is right before you get the buggy. you meet up with some combine attacking a group of resistance fighters (the ones who give you the buggy). well outside the base is a raliroad track and a bunch of junked cars where you come in. at the end the track is blocked by a couple of overturned trains look through the gap between the wall and the right train you will see the gman walking away from you into a tunnel.

Back