Gabe Newell: No Delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
FROM www.beyondhalflife.com

UPDATE: This e-mail is a fake. Doug Lombardi confirmed the delay at 10:00 AM EST

Right just found this in our news email inbox however haven't looked into its authenticity yet but sounds cool if its true!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My apoligies to those affected by the e-mail that made it's way around news sites in past hours. Unfortunately it was nothing more than a cruel joke. Doug Lombardi sent no such e-mail.

I can assure you there is no such Half-Life 2 delay, and that details
regarding the release will be made public in coming days. Expect the
tech-demo and SDK to be released on or prior to the 30th.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Gabe Newell

fake fake fake...it's been posted posted posted!

delete me!

errrm...no

why would they release a tech-demo as well as having the game already?

the tech demo, well there is no need for that if you have the game!?

i hope you are right with this man cause if you are not prepare to be BANNED.

Yes the game is delayed, I sent Gabe an e-mail, he replied to it, it's delayed, please everyone quiet down now.

lol dave i love your picture from office space....great movie

i think we should ALL wait untill the official announcement has been made by gabe. he did say he will announce the gone gold before the 30th!

come on people just wait 3-4 days max untill the official word is out and the release date is confirmed by gabe

Originally posted by commando
i think we should ALL wait untill the official announcement has been made by gabe. he did say he will announce the gone gold before the 30th!

come on people just wait 3-4 days max untill the official word is out and the release date is confirmed by gabe
Okay... okay... that sounds good... I'll do that...

Much better. :bounce:

Originally posted by Zraisfury
I dont think this is over yet, we haven't heard everything.

i'm with you man.

i mean i am waiting till friday, saturday or monday...or even on the tuesday till we hear the announcement from gabe himself...or someone from valve to tell us...

the final release
when going gold
reason for delay.

ha!

...sorry, it might seem like spam but I just had to write that!

ooo sorry you mean HA!

lol lmao nice one! :).

SUPERMAN0234 well it is official but errm some are douting it. we all got to wait till some sort of announcement

ok, i really hope its not, i dont want to wait till christmas!

omg dont people read?

The email from Doug has been confirmed and is official and the game is delayed.

The email from Gabe is fake and was posted from australia (goddam convicts)

Commando there has been an announcement from Doug Lombardi, Director of Marketing at Valve Software. He stated the game is delayed. It has since been confirmed both by himself, Erik Johnnson AND the several other websites that have received the same e-mail from Doug Lombardi. The game is delayed. It IS delayed. It is. It is delayed.

I honestly don't know how this email got to be on the news websites. It was a fake one made up by people who shall remain nameless as part of a joke thread on these forums - I forwarded it to three people in IRC WHO KNEW IT WAS FAKE and since then it's been posted on all the HL2 news websites with people going "OMFG, WE'VE EXAMINED THIS AND IT'S FAKE!!11 ASDASDASD1!!1".

Of course it's ****ing fake, I stated it was fake in the thread where it made it's very first appearance. God, I don't know what total moron forwarded it to the news websites but what a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back