Gaben's New HL2 Case

hype.db

Reaction score
As you all were so interested in the Blackmesa case I figured I'd inform you of a new project on Bit-Tech. Per Gabe's request, the creator of Blackmesa will be creating another fully HL2 inspired case. You can follow the worklog from start to finish HERE.

Sweet. too bad its gonna be really similar to the other one he did though. not that that was less than fantastic. just that i want to see something a bit different :)

Tha'd be funny if it's one of those fake emails from gabe and he's making it for no reason.

Cool, but just one comment, for the love of god DO NOT buy those Pioneer DVD slot-in drives.

Do not buy slot-in at all, they suck big donkey balls.

Is it a project being gifted or is it paid by Valve?

FISKER_Q said:
Cool, but just one comment, for the love of god DO NOT buy those Pioneer DVD slot-in drives.

that's what i want to know. it wouldnt seem right if valve made him make a case for them, and not pay him for it.

I honestly believe he will be paid in one way or another, he could get a big fat check, or a advanced copy of HL2 or promotional junk who knows. Anyway I think it's great that this guy has a hobby like this, very creative :)

Edit: and I also believe Gabe might have dropped him some recommendations regarding the PC specs.

FISKER_Q said:

What is wrong with the Pioneer 16x slot drive, i have one and i think it is one of the very best dvd drives on the market, well i bought it a year ago :s.

He's going to make a career out of that. I can just see every bloody company asking him to do a personalised case. Well, where there is a trade there is a trade. Clever guy.

I didnt realy like the last one...

too rusty, looked like something from that show.... Mutant janitor that kills bad guys, usualy has realy hawt chicks in it...

Tromaville or mutant crusader or something...

This one will be cool if he just doesnt rust it up

Razor said:
What is wrong with the Pioneer 16x slot drive, i have one and i think it is one of the very best dvd drives on the market, well i bought it a year ago :s.

I have one as well and my cd started losing it's front. It would like start peeling off.

could you make this a sticky or something?? so it would be easier for everyone to follow this?? it could turn out to be something real wild

Wow, that is so cool how Valve asked him to make that for the purpose of the demo machine. :D

Good luck if you are reading this by some strange coincidense! (sp?)

Will Valve be covering the expenses?

Six Three said:
Will Valve be covering the expenses?
with a rig like that, i think it would only be logical..... and as for a reward, the dude gets to keep the machine AND the demo they will present on it... :)

Toxic avenger!

i knew id get the name of that git eventualy!

Anyway why should this be stickied its not as if its actualy important, its just some guy making a machine.

Razor said:

i've got one as well - 120-s model. I really like it although - do you have to push your dvd in 3/4 of the way before it bites?

Tarkus said:
with a rig like that, i think it would only be logical..... and as for a reward, the dude gets to keep the machine AND the demo they will present on it... :)

Actually he wont keep the machine... valve will...

[Matt] said:
Actually he wont keep the machine... valve will...
i was speaking theoratically... but it would be a fair reward in my point of view

they shall probably coat him in money and give him a copy of HL2 really early. Lucky swine, while he's doing that i shall go forth and multiply myself so in the end don't we all win?

shapeshifter said:
Umm

He says he recived an email from "Gabe Newel@valvesoftware"

While Gabe's really address (as far as I know) is

[email protected]
It could be he was just pointing out that Gabe is @ Valve, as he doesn't use a .com.

breadbomb said:
I still like this one more.
yes, that turned out to be quite something.... amazing what some people can do... that and the combine/zombie suit, those also rocked :)

Tarkus said:
yes, that turned out to be quite something.... amazing what some people can do... that and the combine/zombie suit, those also rocked :)

Pls post the link to the combine/zombie suit I never got to see those. :cheers:

Well I'm sure he waited until got got compensation, or confirmation of it. He either got paid outright for it, gave him a budget for parts plus labor, or just told him to build whatever he felt like and will pay for it all wiht no budget restrictions. Its not like valve is short on money regarding getting one computer hehe.

Whatup1049 said:
What do u expect he has a marijuana leave next to his name?

LOL. At least his post is grammatically correct.

Whoa, that's awesome. And if I was the guy I'd do it for free.

For free? you'd spend over a thousand dollars plus countless hours of your life and just give it away like that. I think not.

Back