Game is still having errors!

D

danmccormick

ok if I can't find this out by tonight, I will have to download the game for the FIFTH time. I don't quite know whats wrong, my PC (laptop in this case). After the first download it was fine for the first 3 days, only problems were game would shut off at saves and stuttering, which have both been addressed. But then on the 4th day, for some reason, I attempted to start up the game and it came up with this message. Steam has found a problem with you local games file. Game files will now be re-acquired from the Steam servers. And has OK and Cancel buttons. I click ok to 're-acquire' the files, and all it does is keep going to the Preparing to play Half-Life 2 (it does same for Half Life 2: DeathMatch). It never re-acquires the files, and it does it over and over again. I dont touch any files at all, and it happens after the first 2 or three times of playing the game. So I keep re-downloading it and its...aggravating to say the least. It only does this for HL2 and HL2:DM, nothing else. If anyone else has this problem, please, help me out here. (third (?) time ive posted about this in different areas) I don't look forward to blowing my $ on a hard copy, seeing as I already paid for the game 1x. So help is ETREMELY appreciated. If you know anything you can even email me. [email protected]

Happy to answer ?'s regarding this as well.

Back