Game Pad Issues!

S

shinchi

hey,

I've got myself half life 2 and I've been playing it for a while, anyway what I want to do is use my PS2 pad and kick back with the computer plugged into my large widescreen T.V...

However I have a few problems using my game pad with half life 2, first one being it only recognises the first analogue stick and not the other which I beleave is set as a Z, Rz axis.

The second is that although it will recognise the buttons on the title screen and can be set up fine, once your into the game some of them won't work. If you then try and get back into the keys setting from the pause menu, it doesn't read anything at all from the pad. The keyboard and such still works fine though...

Has anyone else either had this problem of heard of a way to fix it?

Play Half-Life2 with a game pad? Do you know how insanely difficult it would be with a game pad?

fps with gamepads/consoles = suck

i cant stand fps games on consoles, the controls just suck, waiting to turn around pfft :sniper:

Not when you have a 42" plasma screen attached to the wall!
And all you want to do is kick back on the sofa and play away...

Yeah, I was gonna defend you... or at least point out that console games can work well when played with a gamepad... but you seem to like mentioning 42" plasma screen too much so I'm gonna have to get BA on your ass and knock you down.

WHAT YOU THINKIN' PLAYING HALF LIFE 2 WIT' A GAME PAD, FOOl!?! SIT YOOSE'F DOWN WITH A MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ON A SMALL TABLE... FOOL!!!

Wraithen said:
WHAT YOU THINKIN' PLAYING HALF LIFE 2 WIT' A GAME PAD, FOOl!?! SIT YOOSE'F DOWN WITH A MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ON A SMALL TABLE... FOOL!!!

Agreed - what are you playin' at!?

I don't actually have a 42" plasma screen! It was supposed to be an extreme example.
So I take no one here actually knows how to fix this problem then...

Back