gameinfo.txt doesnt exist in c:/program

MisterFloppy

Reaction score
I get this error when I compile a map, HL2 starts to load and then that pops up.

Its not a map problem its when u compile the sdk and try and run your mod via run_mod.bat ive tried copying the file into several directories but it had no effect. shame the error message box isnt larger could see where it is looking then.

Try creating a mod where the directory name doesn't have spaces in it.

E.g. C:\TestMod

Cheers JimmehH, it works if u dont have any spaces in the directory name :thumbs:

I'm trying to run one of the sample maps and i was getting that gameinfo.txt error, so i made a C:/INFO folder and copied it to there, which makes the game run. However, the map doesn't load when HL2 does, i just get a menu screen...something else i haven't set up correctly?

heh, well ive made a mod name with a space in it so it wont run ;(.

Anyone know how to remove my mod from the list in the SDK menu ?

Same problem here. I tried running my map from Half-Life 2 as opposed to running it directly from Hammer and no luck.

Also, the map doesn't have any spaces in its name...

Any other suggestions to fix it?

simmo said:
heh, well ive made a mod name with a space in it so it wont run ;(.

Anyone know how to remove my mod from the list in the SDK menu ?
You should be able to delete it using the Hammer config (bit perverse and roundabout I know).

Tools>Options... and then click the Edit button right at the top of the Game Configurations tab. Delete your mod from there and close Hammer and the Source SDK app. When you restart it will be gone.

Bad_Llama123 said:
Same problem here. I tried running my map from Half-Life 2 as opposed to running it directly from Hammer and no luck.
By default Hammer will stick the compiled maps (for HL2) in blahblahblah/SteamApps/<username>/sourcesdk/sdkcontent/maps

Copy them manually over to your half-life 2/hl2/maps folder or let Hammer automatically start the game when you compile (it uses the hl2.exe found in /sourcesdk/).

Back