Games get reel

Man|-|unter

Reaction score
Video games based on Movie or Movie based on Video games

Crazy Taxi - The Movie
Richard Donner has the rights to the Crazy Taxi video game and will adapt it into a film.

Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within
Animator Andy Jones speaks recently about the computer animation techniques used to create the Final Fantasy film adaptation.

Jurassic Park III Video Games
Seven different video games based on the Jurassic Park III property. None are strictly based on the film, but all incorporate some elements in games for kids and young adults, for PC, Gameboy Advance and Playstation 2.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
The latest Resident Evil game for PS2. It's an exciting adventure, and may be addressed in future film sequels.

Star Wars - Obi Wan Xbox
The best Star Wars game and probably best movie game ever is Obi Wan, a third person action game giving you total control over the lightsaber and force powers to boot. This game alone makes the Xbox worth owning.

The Mummy Returns PS2
In this video game adaptation, you can be the evil Imhotep as well as heroic Rick O'Connell in a third person adventure for Playstation 2.

The Sum of All Fears Game Demo
Ubi Soft's personal demonstration of the new Tom Clancy game, The Sum of All Fears.

Tron DVD
The very first video game movie got a massive two disc special edition DVD, and it's pretty cool.

E3 2005 Roundup of Video Games Based on Movies - Evil Dead Regeneration, Shrek Super Slam, Jaws Unleashed and more.
At the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), previewed a slew of video games based on movies like Evil Dead, From Russia With Love, Jaws, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chicken Little, The Chronicles of Narnia, Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Zathura, Shrek and TV's 24.

The Shrek video game
The popular animated film Shrek got an adventure game for the Xbox.

The Incredibles Video Game on Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube
The Incredibles is a great adaptation of the video game that lets you play in all sorts of missions with each member of the Incredibles family. Mr. Incredible missions get old fast, but Mrs. Incredible and Dash rule, and the levels expand on the movie perfectly.

DOA: Dead or Alive (2006): This video game based on busty babes fighting each other will also spawn a full-length movie starring ‘Play Bunny’ Jaime Pressly and model Devon Aoki.

Far Cry (2006): Retired Special Forces Officer Jack Carver will again kick some butt in the movie adaptation of the video game of the same name.

Metroid (2006): Twenty years after Metroid hit the shelves, director John Woo will take his shot at directing bounty hunter Samus Aran as she battles the treacherous Space Pirates, who attempt to convert the mindless, life-sucking Metroids into a deadly weapon.

Splinter Cell (2006): After so many books, Tom Clancy will now have his game being turned into a movie. Sam Fisher, an elite Black-Ops agent, will infiltrate and destroy a group of terrorists – all in a theatre near you.

Tekken (2006): Based on the popular video game, the movie is about a young man who discovers he holds a great power and must battle a team of elite fighters who will stop at nothing in order to get it from him. Guess who wins?

Alice (2007): Based on American McGee’s Alice. The film will star Sarah Michelle Gellar in the lead. Like the game, the movie will boast of a lot of blood and gore.

Halo (2007): Peter Jackson will have his hands full with this remake of the First Person Shooter, Halo. Somewhere, Microsoft is smiling!

Hitman (2007): Agent 47, who’s hired by ‘The Agency’ to kill targets for money, will be played by Vin Diesel. Hopefully, the camera angles in the movie will be better than what we saw in the game.

Max Payne (2007): Detective Max Payne will feel the pain and dodge bullets in bullet-time for the movie. Fortunately, one of the original writers of the game plot will also write the screenplay for the movie.

Mortal Kombat: Devastation (2007): Robin Shou will be back as Liu Kang in the new sequel for Mortal Kombat. Also, don’t miss him in the Dead or Alive movie.

Postal (2007): Mad game Postal will also be joining the wall of games that become movies. Just a reminder – the video game was based on a postal service employee who embarks on a kill-and-destroy mission. The game was extremely violent and “wrong” on so many levels.

Prince of Persia (2007): The first 3D game, ‘Prince of Persia: Sands of Time’, will now become a movie. Not much is known, but the writer of ‘The Day After Tomorrow’ is on board writing the screenplay.

Resident Evil: Extinction (2007): The first two Resident Evil-based movies raked in $90 million. That’s enough to put another zombie-fortified sequel in the works, with star Milla Jovovich returning.

Castlevania (2007): The movie will be directed by Resident Evil and Alien Vs Predator director Paul WS Anderson. The story is basically a story about Dracula and the vampire-hunting Belmont family. Should be interesting.

I only give a dang about Max Payne, Alice & Hitman......and prince of Persia
*shudders
I LOL at Halo & Farcry
Even though I love farcry.

Wasn't Vin Diesel gonna play Agent 47 in Hitman though? I really can't accept a Vin Diesel Agent 47, I mean comeon, Agent 47 is supposed to be a cold-blooded intelligent assassin, Vin Diesel is more like a wannabe-rambo :(

Seriously cannot wait for Max Payne.

And are you sure those years are correct? Metroid 2006? Far Cry 2006?

Max Payne would be a great movie, if done properly.

...This thread makes me cry with all the shitty movie-game-adaptations.

Star Wars Obi Wan, the best movie game ever?
Worth buying an XBOX for?
Fuck no, it was terrible.

Another MK movie? :|
Prince of Persia's story written by the Day After Tomorrow guy? Dear God...

The only ones that interest me are Alice, Max Payne, Splinter Cell, and Halo.

If the Mortal Kombat movie is anything like the first, then woot. If its anything like the second I will cry.

Max Payne could be very cool.

That list isn't entirely correct. The Splinter Cell movie isn't coming this year. If it ever comes. They included a trailer for the movie in SC: Chaos Theory which was released in March 2005, but I haven't heard anything about it since then. They seem to have some problems with that movie.

A Far Cry movie? HAHAHAHHAHA

Seriously cannot wait for Max Payne.

And are you sure those years are correct? Metroid 2006? Far Cry 2006?

Yes, the date which has been given is Production date, from this year making of movies has been start.

It's like some film producer just looked at the top10 games list for a couple of consoles and thought "Let's ruin this franchise!"

Max Payne will hopefully kick ass. They'd better get the Noir right.

Wasn't Vin Diesel gonna play Agent 47 in Hitman though? I really can't accept a Vin Diesel Agent 47, I mean comeon, Agent 47 is supposed to be a cold-blooded intelligent assassin, Vin Diesel is more like a wannabe-rambo :(

I was not aware of this......
*scratches hitman off list

this should be Agent 47

AU24_1_66.jpg.html

Terence Stamp from the excellent movie The Limey

cold blooded and intelligent: a thinking man's assassin

this should be Agent 47

AU24_1_66.jpg.html

Too old and Too much hair. But probably one of the best replacements.
Vin Disel (however you spell it) would be a good 47 if he acted correctly. I mean all he's really done so far is Riddick stuff, but I'm sure he could be cold and calculating (with a hint of upperclass) if he had some training.

he's not too old ..watch the limey you'll be convinced too

this should be Agent 47

AU24_1_66.jpg.html

Ohhhh, he did voices for Oblivion AND he's British :naughty:

I have a thing for British actors, I <3 you Christian Bale

ya and he was also General Zod

5747_15079_1.jpg

and Bernadette Bassenger in Pricilla Queen of the Desert (hilarious movie, not for homophobes though) ...so you know he can act ..unlike most action stars

terence-stamp.jpg

that guy could fit it well... hell no, not ven diesel, he was good in pitch black. That's about it, his othere movies like the fast and the furiouse ( which he was probably the best actor in, though that isnt really saying much.) were just aweful. Gah splinter cell? for gods sake... they skipped over the best of tom clancy once again, when are they going to make a damn movie of rainbow six?

Warcraft would make a great epic movie if it was made at the quality and atmosphere of there cinematics. That would definatly be what Lord of the Rings should have been.

You're missing God of War, The Suffering, and Psi - Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, though I'm not sure when they are expected, or if they are even in production yet.

Bah Thief you wankers and a DOOM remake.
They slaughtered my favorite game :(

The guy who plays the main character on the Transporter movies (forget his name) would be perfect, they just need to put make-up on him to make him more pale, then he is perfect. I've thought about that while watching Transporter 1 + 2 a few times, I'd always say: "That guy looks like the guy from the Hitman games.."

Imagine this guy with his head shaved and more pale..

2_transporter_2_050928034121805_wideweb__300x414.jpg

I bet the Max Payne movie won't stay true to th noir setting and be all about fighting in bullet time.

Half of that list is for licenses years old- Shrek, Jurassic Park 3, Obi Wan? That came out five or six years back. Is this some sort of archives?

Back