Gameshout(HLradio) sues valve for 25 million $

^Ben

Reaction score
************* sues Valve Software, LLC for 25.5 million dollars
*************, Red Planet, LLC is filing a lawsuit against Valve Software, LLC for 25.5 million plus compensation. Since early this year, Valve Software, LLC changed their Steam billing to "STEAM GAMES WWWSTEAM 425 07/27STEAM GAM" making it appear as though it's from *************'s www.SteamGames.com.

Valve Software changed this billing description after they wanted to purchase www.SteamGames.com for $8. ************* declined. Records and statements from various Steam purchases do show that they did mislead consumers to www.SteamGames.com for technical advice/solutions and questions regarding billing. "Our staff went from 10 to 40 because of this problem" says Andy Hodges, Executive Producer for GameSHOUT Radio. Our SteamGames.com domain was never meant to support Valve Software's problem or technical advice, or billing questions.

"Only recently have we changed the homepage of www.SteamGames.com just to be basic so we didn't have to staff so many people. They have wiped out our bank account due to Steam Supoort and us hiring more staff" says Andy Hodges, Excutive Producer for ************* and GameSHOUT Radio.

"We started the Steam Games domain only to be a fansite for Steam. Valve wanted to buy the site for $8. We disagreed on the purchase. Since that date, they have promoted Steam Games in all their billing causing us to staff more people to handle the problems. Our advice to all Steam game related purchasing has been "contact Valve Software" and this has used up resources for our company & staff" says Andy Hodges.

The Lawsuit against Valve Softare, LLC is underway.

So they hired 30 more people to do what? Provide support for Steam? Why on earth would they do that?

I can't wait untill those nice expensive lawyers of valves, ya know the ones that boot fooked vivendi get ahold of this.

Asta La Vista Andy.

I'm hoping for a counter sue.

All Caps: Lololololololol

Im seriously thinking someone has hacked Andys account.

but he's usually such a nice person!

http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=36582&page=9

That thread = comedy gold.

I love the smell of frivolous lawsuit in the morning. Smells like WIN!

Now he says it's been settled.

Yeh in 4 in the morning, valve must have amazing lawyers to do all their buisness at night.

Was the password andyh?

^Ben said:
http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=36582&page=9

That thread = comedy gold.

lol, that guy andy sure is a idiot. he gives me giggles

"GameSHOUT to be honored at MTV Awards
Saturday, August 6, 2005 | 4 hours ago 1 comments
OH yeah, that's right. We will be in Miami, Florida on August 30th for the MTV "taping" for the awards.

Tune in for more info: click here

**** you Valve Software.

-Andy"

This is so pathetic, it has become funny.

Poor Andy can only see the $$$

Jesus, i cant believe that,, if that happened in England those extra staff would just get laid off after the mess was sorted.. they werent even being paid anyway by the sounds of it. Whats with that though!?.. I guess the best way to make money in America is to sue for stupid things... Andy should get a real job and go and earn some money.

It's sounding fake to me.

However, if it's not, Andy hasn't got a leg to stand on. If Valve redirected traffic to his site, he wasn't obliged to deal with their support. If he chose to take on 30 extra staff (which I seriously doubt), then that's entirely his mistake and his problem. At best, he could charge for bandwidth. Which is almost a negligible sum.

That Andy now says 'it has been settled'.

And still he refuses to give evidence.

He claims he can afford eight lawyers but can't afford 30 staff members to say: "Sorry, can't help ya!"
VALVe's lawyers have defeated Vivendi in court. That's two steps away from winning a lawsuit versus satan. Why would they settle, and how could they so soon?

It's fake. Faker than Michael Jackson's nose.

Foebane said:
Go Andy! Bring Valve down! Bring Valve down!

I thought you weren't going to say anything like 'ID rules, Valve sucks'?

Insane said:

I thought you weren't going to say anything like 'ID rules, Valve sucks'?

Yeah I was under that impression too. Guess people just don't change.

Thats the gayest thing i have ever read

today anyway

Looks like SteamGames.com Redirects you to steampowered.com

Mechagodzilla said:
So the deal is that he failed in every way?
No, according to him VALVe settled out of court and then bought steamgames.com

I hope that Valve win simply because I want HL3 ASAP.

AJ Rimmer said:
No, according to him VALVe settled out of court and then bought steamgames.com
And according to simple WHOIS check, steamgames.com still belongs to gameshout.
Someone wants publicity here, and it's not valve. :|

The builder shall smite them and bring peace to teh world....

I ain't the biggest fan of gabe but i really hope he buries this prick. :hmph:

Back