Gamespot's Prey Q&A

Ames

Reaction score
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/prey/preview_6124152.html

We're definitely going for a character-driven game that pushes atmosphere and story within a high-action environment. However, the game isn't so easy to categorize like that. We play with the environment and how you find your way through it in a number of ways. Going in, we knew that the strength of the Doom 3 engine was not large groups of enemies, but rather, very detailed environments with fewer adversaries. We've spent a lot of time trying to really play up those combat experiences to be more than just running and gunning and mowing things down. Enemies do things you don't quite expect, and the world itself is another danger both actively and passively. You can do things, or things will be done to you, to change the environment as you play. You have to stay on your toes and be ready for anything.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/130/reviews/198340_20050511_screen002.jpg

bright.

edit: Removed the image to stop forum stretching. Was up long enough and you can still get it by clicking on the link. *OBVIOUS*

This one is going to be a lot of fun to follow. Can't wait to see it at E3.

The portal thingy looks better than the 1998 trailer which featured it. I remember a 1998 demo disc that featured the trailers for Prey, Duke Nukem Forever (if Ever), and a young Max Payne

Yep, thanks Shens. The colour they are using is alot sharper than DOOM3.

I can't wait to put my hand on this beast. :D

DEATH eVADER said:
The portal thingy looks better than the 1998 trailer which featured it. I remember a 1998 demo disc that featured the trailers for Prey, Duke Nukem Forever (if Ever), and a young Max Payne
Prey has undergone a ridiculously complex life-cycle that most games would not have surivved. That was on old Unreal tech, I believe, the new game is based on Q4 tech. (If I remember correctly from the PCGUS cover story.)

BlindTelepath said:
Prey has undergone a ridiculously complex life-cycle that most games would not have surivved. That was on old Unreal tech, I believe, the new game is based on Q4 tech. (If I remember correctly from the PCGUS cover story.)
It was on its own engine at first and now on doom 3's engine. It was originally 3drealms response to quake.

I'm more excited about this now knowing that they're not just going for a generic corridor shooter.

I wasn't really bothered when I saw the first screens a while ago, but now it sounds pretty interesting.

Well its good to know this game will have an interesting story. And unlike Doom 3 and Half Life 2, looks like the main character will actually have character.

Back