Garry's Mod has Grossed $22 Million Since Launch

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Garry's Mod creator Garry Newman published a mailbag post on his blog on Tuesday answering various questions from fans. One of the most interesting titbits of information dropped was how much money the mod has made since its commercial release on Steam in 2006. In Garry's own words:

"Over 7 years GMod has made about 22 million dollars. We get less than half of that though. Then the tax man gets a bunch of that. Then when we take money out of the company the tax man gets a bunch of that too."

Garry also says that he's hoping to get a Linux version of Garry's Mod up and running before converting the game to the new SteamPipe format.

Oh so taxes happen? Very informative Garry, thanks.

I thought the fact that, according to Garry, Valve take more than a 50% cut in this case is actually pretty informative.

I thought the fact that, according to Garry, Valve take more than a 50% cut in this case is actually pretty informative.

It's probably different for him compared to other developers since his game uses Valve assets.

I got Garry's Mod for free in a Team Fortress 2 community competition hosted by this forum. TAKE THAT GARRY

Back