Gay

Reaction score
It has been reported that an employee for Ansett Australia (Airlines), who happened to have the last name of Gay, got on a plane recently using the company's 'Free Flight' offer for staff. However, when Mr Gay tried to take his seat, he found it being occupied by a fare paying passenger. So, not to make a fuss, he simply chose another seat. Unknown to Mr Gay, another Ansett flight at the airport experienced mechanical problems. The passengers of this flight were being re-routed to various other airplanes. A few were put on Mr Gay's flight and anyone who was holding a 'free' ticket was being bumped. Ansett officials, armed with a list of these 'freebie' ticket holders boarded the plane, as is the practise, to remove them in favour of fare paying passengers. Of course, our Mr Gay was not sitting in his assigned seat, as you may remember. So when the Ticket Agent approached the seat where Mr Gay was supposed to be sitting, she asked a startled customer "Are you Gay?". The man, shyly nodded that he was, at which point she demanded: "Then you have to get off the plane.". Mr Gay, overhearing what the Agent had said, tried to clear up the situation: "You've got the wrong man. I'm Gay!". This caused an angry third passenger to yell "Hell! I'm gay too! They can't kick us all off!". Confusion reined as more and more passengers began yelling that Ansett had no right to remove gays from their flights. - New York Times

It is reported that Ansett have refused to comment on the incident.

Thats cool if its true, it would be a big confusion though

If it was true they would have made a point of saying are you MR gay.

Parrot of doom said:
It has been reported that an employee for Ansett Australia (Airlines), who happened to have the last name of Gay, got on a plane recently using the company's 'Free Flight' offer for staff. However, when Mr Gay tried to take his seat, he found it being occupied by a fare paying passenger. So, not to make a fuss, he simply chose another seat. Unknown to Mr Gay, another Ansett flight at the airport experienced mechanical problems. The passengers of this flight were being re-routed to various other airplanes. A few were put on Mr Gay's flight and anyone who was holding a 'free' ticket was being bumped. Ansett officials, armed with a list of these 'freebie' ticket holders boarded the plane, as is the practise, to remove them in favour of fare paying passengers. Of course, our Mr Gay was not sitting in his assigned seat, as you may remember. So when the Ticket Agent approached the seat where Mr Gay was supposed to be sitting, she asked a startled customer "Are you Gay?". The man, shyly nodded that he was, at which point she demanded: "Then you have to get off the plane.". Mr Gay, overhearing what the Agent had said, tried to clear up the situation: "You've got the wrong man. I'm Gay!". This caused an angry third passenger to yell "Hell! I'm gay too! They can't kick us all off!". Confusion reined as more and more passengers began yelling that Ansett had no right to remove gays from their flights. - New York Times

lmao, oh thats brilliant hehehe.

bit of a giggle but sounds like a classic internet rumour / urban myth

i doubt even the new york times would spell "reigned' wrong.

Yeah, it's old. Ansett Airlines hasn't existed for a couple of years now. They went under.

Hot Soup said:
bit of a giggle but sounds like a classic internet rumour / urban myth
That it is. Bullsh!t. Still its funny.

Parrot of doom said:

Mwahahaha......

LOL funniest thing ive heard in a looong time

-merc

I used to go to school with someone called Gay.

Parrot of doom said:

I just would of sue for causing me to have emotinal damage.

You'd think he'd just legally change his name or something. it's like being an albino called Whitey. It's just not right!!

I used to call this mexican whitey all the time. He almost started to fight me once because of it, but my friend came and helped me. My friend is a giant. Whitey backed down.

Back