GDC 05 | Xbox Next Gets Unreal 3

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
From IGN
Epic Games announced today that Microsoft Game Studios will use the advanced Unreal Engine 3 in developing games for its next-generation Xbox system.

Developed with both advanced PC systems and next-generation consoles in mind, Epic's newest game engine features multiprocessor support, advanced pipelines, and a toolset designed specifically for next-generation titles.

"We only work with the best partners and utilize the best technologies, and Epic and the Unreal Engine 3 hit the mark on both those fronts," said Shane Kim, General Manager, Microsoft Game Studios. "Our teams are creating incredible games and content for the next generation Xbox platform, and by integrating Unreal Engine 3 into our development infrastructure we are able to really maximize our teams' performance and deliver the quality content and creativity that the market has come to expect from us."

While official details on the next Xbox system are only now being revealed, the demonstrations of what Epic's new technology can do are enough to tantalize any warm-blooded gamer -- and should give us a hint of what to expect when the new Xbox finally hits. Stay tuned for more. -- IGN.com

lol digi you should be a games journo,your always first for news ;)

jimbo118 said:
lol digi you should be a games journo,your always first for news ;)
lol i dont have anything to do today
so im posting news :p

Yay, until I hear that Sony's "licensing" the UE3 engine rightnow XB2 will be my fav next-gen console :p

Back