Geforce4 Ti Users Here

H

hawtguy1

I've pwned dx9 with the click of my mouse...BWAHAHAHA!.....ahem, sorry, lol.
Ok, if your a geforce 4 user and just hate that dam cube mapped water, and want rich fully reflective dx9 water...follow my steps and you will be given similar results of the pic below!:eek: :eek: :eek:
d1_canalswaterhazard_dx81.jpg

How it work? I HAVE NO IDEA, BUT IT WORKS...SO IF YOUR WATER SUX, GET THIS PATCH, LOL:rolling:

Ok, here what you do.
1:Download the .zip file here: "http://www.pcgamemods.com/8877/" OR get .zip file for counter-strike source: "http://www.pcgamemods.com/8852/"

2:Go to your steam>steamapps>(user)@(site).com>half-life 2>hl2 directory

3:In that directory, create a new one, and call it "materials". If there's already one there, then skip this step and go to 4.

4:Extract the directory named "nature" from the zip file into the "materials" directory.

5:Start HL2, run a level with lots of pretty water in it. :cheers:

For counter-strike users, instead of going to half-life 2 directory, go to counter-strike source directory instead and continue on to the rest of the steps. :thumbs:W00T!:thumbs:

I havent tried this on other cards, since i dont have tons of money, lol, but if you have a dx8 card, and have bad water, give this a try and see if it works, I know for SURE that it works on a Geforce 4200 Ti, since that's what I have.

Thanks for posting it, but this was released around the same time HL2 was. But it does make a big difference with almost no performance hit.

oh....lol. Oh well, w/e. I just saw this and got really excited, since I didnt have a dx9 card. I thought a lot of other users would have loved to see this. :E It makes me wonder how much the geforce 4-5 card or other dx8 card users are really missing out on. The patch had an article coming with it stating that valve crippled nvidia card users...SHAME!:|

That looks better than Super Mario Sunshine Water!

xzeox said:
That looks better than Super Mario Sunshine Water!
my urine looks better than the Super Mario Sunshine water. It's not really saying much.

Wow, thanks for this alot. It dramatically improved the water on my GeForce 4200! Without dropping below 20 fps. HL2 has the best water ive ever seen in a video game and now i can see it even with my crap system.

Plz guys tell me what do you think about the ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition video card, is that a good one, and i have a ATI Radeon 7000 Series with 512 RAM if i couldn't buy the ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition if i buy more RAM will i have better graphics with the 7000 series? PLZ HELP ME!! :):(

DeVL1

it will allow for him to prob. to high model and hihg texture but thats all

OK....Well now i have the choice, after reading the comments on clubic.net or com dunno an NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX or an ATI Radeon X850 XT Plantinum Edition. Here are some pics!

Nvidia=
00134304.jpg

Radeon=
00123422.jpg

Back