General Lack of New Info!!!

Volcane

Reaction score
Valve seem to be extremely quiet at the moment, with no new media and no new official information on the game. Even the news about the HL2 package options hasn't really been officially announced.

So when are going to set the hype machine at full steam:cheese:, I want to see the Strider and Buggy bink videos, and also they must tell us something about the multiplayer soon mustn't they?

Is this the calm before the storm, so to speak. Are they suddenly going to surprise us with loads of info or are they just going to leave us all in the dark until it comes out and let us discover it for ourselves.

I think when Steam comes out of beta, that it might start the ball rolling, but that is still up in the air like everything else, but here is hoping it is soon.

Considering that they're all probably really stinky, hairy, etc from the long days/nights of final bug squashing and playtesting, it's not surprising that they haven't emerged from their darkness to serve you information.

We'll get the buggy, strider, and tech demo videos once Steam comes out of beta and everyone has to reregister. That's according to Erik Johnson.

I'm guessing that in about 2-3 weeks they're going to surprise us with all of those things - and mention casually that the game has gone gold.

this is quite possibly the most hyped game ive ever seen

Somewhere Gabe said he wanted the players to find things out so my guess is we will not be seeing anything new until atleast it goes gold or when it comes out.

Originally posted by Bass
I would say its a tie with Lula 3D.

Anyway, I hope those new videos come soon... Its not like there's much time left :)

Who is General Lack ?
And where the heck is New Info located ?

CVG:We've seen quite a few of the enemies - can you reveal anything more about enemies we haven't seen yet?

Lombardi: Not really [laughs]. We're intentionally keeping stuff a surprise. As gamers, we really hate the fact that we've seen a whole game through screenshots during the two-year PR process that happens. So part of our goal of not announcing the game or showing screenshots or whatever was to preserve that mystery - if I plonk down $50 for the game, then I want to see stuff that I haven't seen before. I want to discover some stuff for my $50.

So we're really trying to be respectful of that, of not giving everything away. Having said that, we're in a situation where as soon as people get the game, they're going to give everything away [laughs].

OK, I REALLY don't want ANY new info unless its about MP. for SP, I feel they have released MORE then enough.

Originally posted by Feath
Daikatana

Hahaha yeah, unfortunatly that one turned out like complete garbage...:cheese:

Edit regarding the info thing i kinda like it this way....we/i have absolutely no clue as to whats gonna happen when i fire up the game....its like being 10 again, and looking forward to playing my first game :D, ROCK!!

rebb, if you tell a joke, it works better if it's actually funny in any way at all! :p

I'd be perfectly happy to hear nothing else about the game until it's released. I don't wanna know what multiplayer is, I want to install the game (without reading any of the literature or anything) and play single player. Not visit the forums so I don't get the game spoiled and then delve into multiplayer and find out what it is on my own.

I don't want Valve to say anything other than "It's Gold" until we get the game.

Oh yes, Daikatana, I remember that.

Game engines were not going to get any better than they were at the time, or so they thought... so while everyone else was working on new technology they made a crappy game on an old engine and it bombed.

Originally posted by Bass

I don't think this game has been hyped at all, since E3 we have had very little extra information about the game. We know very little about the weapons, the enemies, the story line and still nothing about the mp (other then it runs through steam and the source engine was designed for it, although that could mean anything from physics to running well over a 56k modem)

all the hype has been created by the community and media and very little by Valve, unless you think that they made the delay rumours on purpose to create more talk

Wow, thats 2 ppl without a sense of humour already, wheres this community heading ?

Back