Reaction score
Get a Life offers:

- about 11 hours of playing time
- 25 different maps
- 61 characters
- 13 weapons
- 24 music tracks
- 76 dialogs, around ten documents to endorse the storyline
- a new gameplay (advanced damage system, bullet time...) new AI, HUD, effects and enemies.

All this with English and French voice acting, provided with English, French, German, Czech, Spanish, Finnish and Swedish subtitles!

Link.

Mirrors can be found at their website^.

damn I neverheard of this mod!

I love it when that happens :D

damn I neverheard of this mod!

I love it when that happens :D

Heh, me too. Thanks for the heads up, Loke, might not have found it otherwise. Looks pretty cool!

EDIT: Well, I just tried it and I'm incredibly frustrated. It started out really cool until I got to a part where you wake up in a room and the screen has this really heavy motion blur going on. You have to walk around for a bit and after about 30 seconds the motion blur got unbelievably annoying; I was expecting and hoping for it to go away. Well, it didn't go away, and I ended arbitrarily dying over and over again because some parts of the level are really dark and you have no flashlight, your screen is too blurry to tell what's going on, and if you get hit by a zombie once and escape you bleed to death with no way of stopping it. I got as far as a training part in the snow where you slowly freeze, and upon leaving the snow part you're put into a cutscene, except the cold is STILL KILLING YOU while you're watching the cutscene and I just kept dying before the cutscene ended until I gave up. Really disappointing.

I thought Get A Life was made by an Italian crew? If it's the one I'm thinking off, it's really over-the-top explosions and GTA-style mayhem.

im still stuck in the first part, where is the "workplace"? ive tried every place i could go.

edit:nvm found it, this game somewhat reminds me of postal

edit: im very impressed with the music this guy made

@MultiVaC: I completely agree, the bleeding-system is just totally broken. I don't get WHY you're bleeding to death when a zombie hit you one time or walking into fire. I'm also stuck at the exact point as you and can't get past the cut scene. This mod is in need for some serious tweaking and could've used a lot more testing before release. Not gonna touch it until they fix it and I just can't recommend it to anyone at the moment.

"Unfortunately we have some bad news, we need to postpone the release of Get a Life because... well, we knew that it wouldn't work... anyway, no one will read this text, so... OK, GET A LIFE IS OUT !"

No-one read this sentence on the website?????

Edit: Despite the fact that I just posted the above, I'm going to try it anyways...

ya there are a bunch of bugs in this game. im not even sure why they said v1final.

edit: geez its like they didnt even bother testing it before release

I got this installed and played for almost an hour, no bugs yet...
To stop the bleeding you have to go to Inventory, and upper right corner is a shot with the caption
'Stop the blood' If you have any shots (hopefully) click on it once to stop blood loss.

To stop the blurriness, in inventory, click on the tab that says head to heal your head and get your vision back.

As for taking cold damage, dunno, I went through the door and didnt suffer anymore.

I was lucky to be not hit by zombies at all so didn't have to worry about bleeding at that point.

Interesting mod so far...

my game was stuck in the same animation where you are on a table just looking up and you have a greyscale color in your view.

The first patch is out, nice quick response from the team. Sounds like it fixes my problem, you can also disable the bleeding if you find it too annoying. Mirrors at the mod's site. Good job to these guys for jumping right on the issues. I'm going to try it again in a little bit.

Sounds interesting, will download it now while I'm still at work and give it a shot later.

im still stuck in the first part, where is the "workplace"? ive tried every place i could go.

edit:nvm found it, this game somewhat reminds me of postal

edit: im very impressed with the music this guy made

omg that exactly what I thought!!!
this game reminds me postal 2 too
and dayhard mod a lil bit

I got the game before I read this but I only played to the bit with the first zombie things and then I started a new game on the first level and started by giving myself the super gravity gun and all the other weapons, I then started creating NPC's to kill all the people and found that they were invincible. This pretty much sums up everything I have done in Get A Life but that is not to be taken as an insult because that is what I do in most source singleplayer games. But I usually go back a couple of months later and play the game the whole way through.

I got the game before I read this but I only played to the bit with the first zombie things and then I started a new game on the first level and started by giving myself the super gravity gun and all the other weapons, I then started creating NPC's to kill all the people and found that they were invincible. This pretty much sums up everything I have done in Get A Life but that is not to be taken as an insult because that is what I do in most source singleplayer games. But I usually go back a couple of months later and play the game the whole way through.

That is no way to play a game.

Back