Getting mad

A

AmPaRo

I've got a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, in all the statistics i've seen i can see that my gpu just plays at damn fps, not even 20 fps in directx 8 mode, this means that i wont be able to play it????

just dont play it with everything maxed up and it should be playable

I'm sure new drivers will be released by NVIDIA (probably soon) that will allow you to play HL2 at a reasonable framerate.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.:thumbs:

Thks for the quick answer, well the point is that Tron 2.0 or UT2k3 works perfectly in everything maxed, so i'm kinda depressed :(, anyways i'll buy a new PC for christmas

those nvidia benchmarks were shockingly low.

Thks for the quick answer, well the point is that Tron 2.0 or UT2k3 works perfectly in everything maxed, so i'm kinda depressed , anyways i'll buy a new PC for christmas
lol! hope your joking

Originally posted by AmPaRo
I've got a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, in all the statistics i've seen i can see that my gpu just plays at damn fps, not even 20 fps in directx 8 mode, this means that i wont be able to play it????

Yeah they were running full detail too....

it really will work just fine, it just wont look AS pretty. not worth buying a whole new pc for.

hehe, i'm not buying a new pc just for playing HL obvously, i need it for my work/study, it has 1,5 years, although its really good now, but old :D not ddr or 8x AGP

Originally posted by papa jake
I'm sure new drivers will be released by NVIDIA (probably soon) that will allow you to play HL2 at a reasonable framerate.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.:thumbs:
A driver that can improve speed 200%? If Nvidia pulls that off, they will be most outstanding company in the buisness, doing something that has never been done before. Hell, and here I thought hardware actually had *limits* to what it can do, but the new magic detonators can apparently remake the card on a molecular level!

(yes, that was sarcasm)

.... u surely own ATI, if you used nvidia you would just hope that ¬_¬, but i cant think of an 64 mb Geforce4 working better than mine :'( it's so cruel....

You know pwople who have Ti4800's are very fortunate.

NVidia bitched about the BM saying that they weren't useing the new 50.00 something drivers, so, i dout you'll get 20 or less FPS when they release the patch, hehe

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
NVidia bitched about the BM saying that they weren't useing the new 50.00 something drivers, so, i dout you'll get 20 or less FPS when they release the patch, hehe

Drivers that are released to the Press don't always make it to the public. This is why Valve didn't use them.

.... u surely own ATI, if you used nvidia you would just hope that ¬_¬, but i cant think of an 64 mb Geforce4 working better than mine :'( it's so cruel....
Yeah, I have a 9700 Pro :)
But the point is, dont expect to much. The drivers may be awesome, but they need alot of speed increase. I wouldnt mind seeing the increase, as long as it is with *valid* means. The hardware is crap, simple fact. Drivers cant change that, they will always be crap. Drivers may improve it a little, but there is limits. And considering what Nvidia have done lately, they hit that limit long ago. And since it is a 5200, it is NOT a prioritized card. The biggest increase will most likely be on the 5900.

It would be very stupid for nvidia, they've told many times that HL2 performance would improve that if they dont release the 50 a horde of angry people would devoure them :D

Originally posted by Feath
Drivers that are released to the Press don't always make it to the public. This is why Valve didn't use them.

Oh... well, i dont care haha, i have an ATi so im set :p

well mayb i could try my old ATI RAGE 128 PRO, it'll surely work better than mine, lately i sseem to find that my nvidia is the worst gpu card ever ;(

Will the 50.xx drivers (let's say nvidia tells the truth this time that the 50.xx are better) have any effects on the performance of GF4's running dx8 mode?

Originally posted by PvtRyan
Will the 50.xx drivers (let's say nvidia tells the truth this time that the 50.xx are better) have any effects on the performance of GF4's running dx8 mode?

very doubtful.

Here's a little blurb about the new drivers:

Edit: I forgot, the below comment is from http://www.3dgpu.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=74&page=2

The Detonator 51.75 drivers loses even more details over the 45.33 drivers. Especially note how the green on the foreground landrover is darker than the other two shots. Now, these drivers are beta, and not available to the public, so let's hope by the time they're released, the lowered image quality won't be in them. Because frankly, I'm just shocked how much better the Radeon 9800 Pro looks over the new Detonator 50 drivers on a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, and any self-respecting gamer will choose the image quality on the Radeon 9800 Pro anyday. The amount of visual quality loss is not worth the, on average, 2-3fps that are shown to have been gained with these drivers in AquaMark 3.

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/aquamark3/index3.htm

Now, im sure most of you have read Gabes recent comments regarding the detonator 51.75s, and Nvidia's offical response but I really do have to say, having seen this first hand it confirms to both myself and Veridian that the new detonators are far from a high quality IQ set. Alot of negative publicity is currently surrounding Nvidia, and here at driverheaven we like to remain as impartial and open minded as we possibly can, but after reading all the articles recently such as here coming from good sources and experiencing this ourselves first hand, I can no longer recommend an nvidia card to anyone. Ill be speaking with nvidia about this over the coming days and if I can make anything public I will.

Edit again: REPEAT AFTER ME PEOPLE: "performance does not appear out of thin air", "performance does not appear out of thin air", etc etc...

aaaaaaahahahaha
My two mates were fighting last night and we seen the most feeble swinging punches, but that white guy there thought he was gonna crack the black guy, but it was rather feeble and got him an ass woopin.
Who are these two? anyone you know?

Originally posted by Unreal
aaaaaaahahahaha
My two mates were fighting last night and we seen the most feeble swinging punches, but that white guy there thought he was gonna crack the black guy, but it was rather feeble and got him an ass woopin.
Who are these two? anyone you know?

LoL that white guy shoulda known better than that... what a moron lol... I acually got sick watching that though... wierd.

Valve2.jpg

Originally posted by TseTse
Valve2.jpg

Obviously a NVidia supporting idiot.

Did he make one for Gearbox as well?

Oh, and Core?

And id?

Wow I didn't know that the benchmarks posted were on full quailty. Thats a good thing for the Directx8 G4 TI users.

Thks for the quick answer, well the point is that Tron 2.0 or UT2k3 works perfectly in everything maxed, so i'm kinda depressed :(, anyways i'll buy a new PC for christmas

Of course your 5200 is gonna run UT2k3 and Tron better. They aren't using the source enging. UT=Unreal engine Tron= LithTech engine both engines do things differetly from Source.

Back