Getting most from your PC

kickass2009

Reaction score
what are some ways to speed up your computer. IE stuff you would do in your bios. Or any programs that you would download that allow you to increas overal performance. I heard BootVis is really good at speeding up your boot.

Not really as heavy of a modification, but i'd get a spyware cleaner to speed up the system pretty easily, I've seen it make huge differences. Otherwise most Bios modification would be overclocking the system in some way.

If you're talking about over clocking there's TONS of stuff you could do. Though there's another thread for that stickied at the top.

there's a simple program called System Mechanic that allows you to easily speed up boots (by chosing programs not to boot up when starting), clena your registry, etc.

That and a spyware cleaner will help. If you have WinXP look for Mircrosoft Powertoys (free)

watch what u put on it. dont download to many crap u dont need, for example, my desktop only has only its default icons. im so extreme that i dont even have spy ware installed, shit like that slows everything down. but then again i got a whole lot of mp3s. just keep ur harddrive to what u need.

Back