Ghost Recon AW PC version delayed

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
"Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC Delayed Until Summer?
Eurogamer is reporting that the PC version of UbiSoft's military action game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has been delayed. Originally scheduled to be released at the end of March, the game has now been pushed back into UbiSoft's second fiscal quarter, which means the game will not be released until at least July. The Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS2 versions of the game are all still scheduled to be released this March. This situation is sounding similar to what happened to the PC version of Ghost Recon 2 which was constantly delayed until finally it was cancelled earlier this year."

http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=3713

GRAW 360 is out on March 10th, with the Xbox version following a week later and the PS2 game due out on March 31st.

very stupid decision imho ..it's less than a few weeks away from release and they delay it now?

aw what ffs, i was really looking forward to this :frown:

if anything this made me hate consoles more HATE HATE HATE!!!!!!! when I go home tonight, I'm kicking my xbox

the stupid thing about this is that the delay isnt making me go out and buy the xbox version ..even if I had an xbox360 I wouldnt get it just out of spite ...yes sometimes even stern can be irrational

Motherf*ckers... they put all their damn resources towards the consoles and leave the PC behind.

I hate this shit. This better be because they need to make the game better, and not because they just don;t care as much about it. I'm certainly not buying this shit for a console.

I think the 360 version should keep me occupied until then.

as well as half an xbox360, and half a controller and dont forget to sign me up for half an xbox live account cuz I'd like to play online ;)

Bah. Makes me dislike the 360 even more. $10 says the PC version comes out gimped compared to the 360 somehow (I know they said it'll be the same).

EDIT: Wait a sec...is this even official news? Eurogamer is reporting it...why wouldn't the devs report it themselves or at least their publisher?

Meh I don't think the game will be that great anyway, we haven't seen much about the PC version. Many speculated that it was because Ubisoft was pushing the 360 version. However now it just seems like it wasn't done.

AmishSlayer said:
Bah. Makes me dislike the 360 even more. $10 says the PC version comes out gimped compared to the 360 somehow (I know they said it'll be the same).

EDIT: Wait a sec...is this even official news? Eurogamer is reporting it...why wouldn't the devs report it themselves or at least their publisher?
Because they're pussies and can;t man up to the PC crowd

This is particularly disturbing...
This situation is sounding similar to what happened to the PC version of Ghost Recon 2 which was constantly delayed until finally it was cancelled earlier this year.
UGH! Oblivion ftw! (I hope!)

Icarusintel said:
Oh ho, Mr. Quick-change-edit-man, well, lemme tell you this, X360 FTMFL:flame: , PC FTMFW! :thumbs:
you lost me twice icarus, first with the quick-change thing, then the crazy acronyms. :p

I wasn't planning on getting the PC version anyways. The Xbox 360 version looks fantastic so I'll be picking up my copy on the 9th or 10th. :)

destrukt said:
you lost me twice icarus, first with the quick-change thing, then the crazy acronyms. :p
You changed your post, mister, I saw the original. You cannot escape the gaze of Big Brother.

Then, quite clearly, X360 For The MotherF*cking Lose, PC For The MotherF*cking Win :cheese:

Official Confirmation

Ubisoft says the delay will allow the game's developers "more time to put the finishing touches on the game and make it the best possible PC gaming experience."
Wow, I love it when game companies sprout this bullshit. Funnily enough, there was a gold announcement today for X360. Sure the time is being spent on the PC version, because all Ubisoft's resources were devoted to the console versions and they don;t really give a shit about PC gamers.

I'm more and more inclined to just get the new Splinter Cell and bypass this one, especially if it is a straight port with downgraded graphics and a lack of 3rd-person. If they're making it better like they made R6:Lockdown "better", I'll definitely have to pass.

Icarusintel said:
Wow, I love it when game companies sprout this bullshit. Funnily enough, there was a gold announcement today for X360. Sure the time is being spent on the PC version, because all Ubisoft's resources were devoted to the console versions and they don;t really give a shit about PC gamers.

If they didn't give a shit about PC gamers, they would have released the game now without devoting any time to tweaking it. What's wrong with Ubisoft devoting resources to the console versions? They just want it to be a great title. Now that they've finished up those versions, now they're putting all their effort into making the PC version a great game.

satch919 said:
If they didn't give a shit about PC gamers, they would have released the game now without devoting any time to tweaking it. What's wrong with Ubisoft devoting resources to the console versions? They just want it to be a great title. Now that they've finished up those versions, now they're putting all their effort into making the PC version a great game.
Maybe it's because I remember all the BS we were fed about GR2 on PC. It all sounded so similar.

Back