gibs

POWDERKEG

Reaction score
i am not really new to mapping...but I am having a problem...i made a func_breakable as a window of course...placed a cubemap...and i set up the entity as best as possible...but for some reason whe I shoot my window the damn thing wont shatter and go flying all over the place... i dont see thie gibs...am i supposed to select a gib model?

Set the Material type or whatever to window.glass and gibs to glass. That should be it.

But it looks better if you learn to use the func_breakable_surf which gives the nice shattered glass effect.

yeah, actually i can use the func_breakable_surf, just mastered the basics of it it is actually really easy to use

i really just want to use the regular func_breakable for some glass that will fall from the ceiling when you look up ans shoot it thats all...or does the 'surf' have the same effect?

func_breakable_surf is for glass that will shatter but not all at once. Think cs_office.

To use func_breakable make your window, texture the visible sides, tie to func_breakable. By default I think its set to glass, but it you look at the keyvalues you can see other settings.

Back