Glitches Away!

Full Life 1?

Reaction score
Hi, i was playing through Hl2 last night, and i found some fun glitches:

The Invisible Men:
On the coast level, just after killing the gunship from the lighthouse, when you go onto the cliff path, just walk to the very edge of the first part before jumping to where the supply crate is, and the rebel who led you down will disappear. Run back up, and you will find that all but two combine are invisible! Bullets just come flying out of nowhere and dont damage you!

Dr.Kleiner's Cloning Machine
On Entanglement, just after splitt ing up with alyx for the first time, at the first loading screen, an alyx clone will appear. She has no weapon or specific role, and will follow you all the way through until a certain doorway which she stops at, but then at the next loading screen another appears!

DISCLAIMER: These glitches only happened during my expierience, and may not work again.

Feel free to post your own!
:LOL:

The first one isn't a glitch, you're supposed to hear the battle going on still as you go along the cliffs, but you managed to get back up somehow.

This isn't really a glitch but if you put in the invincibility cheat on Xbox 360 and when you are at the part when you are on the roof (After getting out of the apartments) you can jump off the roof and not die and press X on one of the APC's and see what happens!

Yeah i found that too, its just that in maps each apc has an assigned driver who sits inside the apc, and thats what you did.

Once the wheel of the buggy clipped the level. Lets just say I died......by Antlions :(

I think I had that happen once before; I also got killed by the airboat by a similar glitch.

lol, valves level design is quite dodgy, ive had that happen before.

Are you kidding? Valve has some of the best level design around , very few teams can match valve with theirs. Sure there will still be bugs but I never noticed any while I was not specifically setting out to find them.

Well, in Ep. 2 when you pull that pickaxe out of the elevator, the pickaxe can shoot you up in the air since it has the force from holding up the elevator. I used it to skip the entire zombie thing when I re-played it. For some reason it doesn't work any more.

-On multiple occasions, Eli has entered his "typing" animation in Black Mesa East when he's nowhere near a keyboard.

-Lamarr kinda "flashes" for a second in Kliener's lab; a sort of solid box appears over her for about 1 frame.

-On one occasion, the dropship that deposits troops when you begin your raid of Nova Prospekt (end of "Sandtraps") didn't manage to leave before the antlions reached it. The two began fighting, creating a sort of loop since the dropship is invincible but unarmed. Ultimately, I had to kill my own antlions to break the loop; the dropship flew away before the respawned antlions could get to it.

-Walk down the bridge a little bit. Double back. Watch the combine magically appear to reinforce Bridge Point.

-Bring the turrets with you in Entanglement, but be careful when carrying them across level loads? if you have to double back into a previous map, the turrets' reprogramming will slip and they'll attack you.

Then there was the complete and total crash (blue screen of death) about 3 out of every 4 times I tried to load the first map of Water Hazard, the first map of Black Mesa East and the third (?) map in Ravenholm, but that stopped when I downloaded a new video driver.

The stuttering, occasional random death of framerate, less frequent random crashes, and the slowing of the game to an unplayable crawl every time I looked in the general direction of the superportal in Episode 2 were also cured by said driver update.

When i was driving trough a tunnel in the highway levek it did'nt load the next part so i crashed in the light :D

Once the wheel of the buggy clipped the level. Lets just say I died......by Antlions :(

It's the physics. Because Valve's falling damage is time and not distance based, you can "fall off" a tin pail into the wall. Hovering for four seconds equals hundreds of feet worth of damage.

I have also died randomly while crossing a rebel sky bridge.

Valve's glitches are actually funny.

Yep. I remember once, in the vort camp on sandtraps, i climbed on a box to get some supplies, and when i walked off again, it slipped about half a milimetre and killed me!

In the final moments of Entanglement, when you are getting ready to teleport back to C17, I had taken with me as many friendly turrets as I could from the earlier maps. After Eli's pod was placed into the teleporter, I used all of these turrets to block Mossman from entering it. To my amusement, even without her, the forcefield shut and the teleporter began to rise, leaving her below to be shouted at by Alyx. Poor Eli was teleported away alone, although Mossman disappeared a few seconds after the teleportation.

It was hilarious since I thought that the scripted event would've taken place normally, with NPCs clipping through any unwanted props. I guess not.

One that i forgot, i got into the teleporter in entanglement before alyx did, and everything happened, but the teleporter didnt move, and i was stuck there as nova prospekt fell apart, and the combine charged in. I had to restart the level so i could get going!

Hm. When I did that, the teleport stayed where it was for awhile, but it rose after a little while.

Back