Glorious News Coming!

tokin

Reaction score
PC GAMER ARTICLE OF THE NEWEST AUGUST 2003 ISSUE: LAST PAGE 104

"Boy Howdy. In what's turning into a banner year for pc gaming, you'll hurl when you see what we've got next month. Or maybe you'll cry in blissful disbelief. But we guarantee you'll be blown away. We're not talking about just one huge game heading our way. Or two, or three. Nope we've got four (and maybe five if our spy gets out alive) amazing Hands-On experiences to recount. Plus reviews of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, Elite Force II, and Planetside. And Strategies. It'll Rule."

This issue came out late June so im thinking july 20th-august 1st issue will make us be in heaven. Ive narrowed the games down and it has to be these. I went to gamespot and looked at alll of the upcoming games and figured its 4 or 5 out of all of these. The ones with the stars next to them are the ones i think atleast.

HL2 * (ALREADY HAD ONE, BUT ITS HL2...NEW ONE COMING)
DOOM 3 * (ALREADY HAD ONE, BUT ITS DOOM 3...dur!)
TEAM FORTRES 2 (WHO KNOWS?!)
MAX PAYNE 2 * (NO DOUBT THIS WILL BE A PREVIEW)
DEUS EX 2 * (ALREADY HAD ONE...WHO KNOWS)
THIEF 3 (HAD ONE)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (HAD ONE)
VAMPIRE : BLOODLINES (ALREADY HAD ONE I THINK)
CONDITION ZERO (HAD ONE)
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER (PSH...YEAH RIGHT!)
DRIVER 3 (??)
EVERQUEST 2 *
FULL THROTTLE (HAD ONE)
HOMEWORLD 2 (??)
MTV'S CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH ( HELL YEAH!!)
SIMS 2 (WHO CARES)

Feel free to add to the list and let me know if some of these i listed are already out or if i was wrong and they havnt had previews.

We can only hope and pray TF2 will be one of these, god damn i love this year! ROCK ON!

HL2

Far Cry

Max Payne 2

Doom 3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

those are the only games that matter.

Ahh yes Far Cry...sorry missed that one. No you damn fool TF2 is #2...its going to be totally different than the first..a blend of CS and TFC plus i just know its going to rule...ive been looking forward to this game forever.

Originally posted by tokin
Ahh yes Far Cry...sorry missed that one. No you damn fool TF2 is #2...its going to be totally different than the first..a blend of CS and TFC plus i just know its going to rule...ive been looking forward to this game forever.

sorry, but tf and cs sucked horribly, and everyone who plays it should die of rectal leprosy. worst military sim ever. in the entire history of ever. Far cry wipes it's ass with tf2 and cs2 :cool:

Originally posted by Koldfire
sorry, but tf and cs sucked horribly, and everyone who plays it should die of rectal leprosy. worst military sim ever. in the entire history of ever. Far cry wipes it's ass with tf2 and cs2 :cool:

Huh?

Koldire your ridiculous...kiss my ass.

lol. testy? I just like the look of far cry. thick jungles, lagoons with underwater plants and fishies

Erm, if CS sucks so bad then why is it the most popular online game?

Thats like saying 50 cent is good because millions of rejects listen to him. People have bad taste in entertainment.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
That's my guess. This one always seems to be forgotten.

The first one seems to be the only one which pleases me ;)

condition-zero is going to rock, i'll definitely play it as much has hl2 if not more. more weapons, source engine, it'll be the s***

Originally posted by deepers
condition-zero is going to rock, i'll definitely play it as much has hl2 if not more. more weapons, source engine, it'll be the s***

uhm, condition zero isnt using the source engine...go look at screenshots.

Originally posted by deepers

What are you smoking? I want some too!!!:bounce:

Bah CS got old.......I stopped playing it because SOLDAT has waaay more depth
Damn I love that game

The ONLY thing that would make CZ a decent game would be if it was developed for the Source engine (which it obviously isn't). Maybe Valve should have turfed this sucker long ago and started afresh with the new engine. Ah, hindsight.

The damn deal is that PC Gamer is on the brink of collapsing, and because of that, most of their articles are total crap that try to hype products in hopes of increasing revenue and support from game companies.

WE HAVE 5 AMAZING GAMES TO SHOW NEXT ISSUE, PLEASE BUY IT!!! OH AND A TON OF ADVERTISING, GUARANTEED TO HAVE AN ADVERTISEMENT TO SUIT EVERY TASTE!!!

right...

Thats more than a little opinionated no?
Seriously though, this sort of guess the game thing isn't exactly hard evidence. :b

rofl this is one of the best threads ever. seriously :E

/me dances to the tunes of Mr Vain

What's wrong with PC Gamer? It happens to be the game magazine i read most often... and they don't "hype products for game companies" unless they are actually looking forward to them. When they say "half-life 2 preview", people want to read it because they know the original was a great game.

claws.... you are clearly a dumb mofo.
you have no idea what you are talking about. i dont read PC Gamer myself.... if any i read PC Zone but mostly i use the net, especially the Zone webby. its updated regularly and has all the big news i need.

but really.... magazines are all oppinionated and thats why some people like a certain one and others different ones..... its to do with the reporting style. the shit you say about "hyping" ........ HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE THREADS ON THIS BOARD???

this board has been made on the hype of HL2... so stfu eh.

Kam

I know the topic has changed but how would a mix of TF and CS make a good game? For one things all the ideas would be old. TF2 is likely to be something with a more orginal idea.

That comment about dieing from leprosy was a bit harsh i think. Just because you think the games werent any good doesnt mean that you should be like that.

PCGAMER is a good magazine but i dont buy if very often because i get PCFormat as it generally has more than just games (I know PCGAMER doest too but not as much, hence the name)

The views that all these magazines have are all different and taylored to different groups of people. Just because a person doesnt like it doesnt mean its a bad magazine, someone else will probably like it. And obviously people do like it because it still gets sold in all the big shops.

All TF2 info is over 2 years old. Noone knows what it's going to be like anymore. The old info was out BEFORE CS got really popular. They would be foolish to make it anything like CS.

In addition, what has the maker of CS been doing for the past year? Working on CS2. CS:CZ is pointless, but dumbasses will surely buy it :|

Originally posted by Kamakazie
claws.... you are clearly a dumb mofo.
you have no idea what you are talking about. i dont read PC Gamer myself.... if any i read PC Zone but mostly i use the net, especially the Zone webby. its updated regularly and has all the big news i need.

but really.... magazines are all oppinionated and thats why some people like a certain one and others different ones..... its to do with the reporting style. the shit you say about "hyping" ........ HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE THREADS ON THIS BOARD???

this board has been made on the hype of HL2... so stfu eh.

Kam

Yes, clearly I am a dumb mofo. That is why I won't bother discussing this issue with you. :rolleyes:

Back