god damn 1335/1334 error.....wtf!

M

meemonkey

Has anyone found the cause for this error yet?

I have two identical pc's.....one with xp home and one with 2000 pro, And I can only get it working with the xp machine.....It only gets about halfway through the install then gives the 1335 error message.

I've even swapped dvd drives around so it's not that to blame.....I've tried everything from de-fragging hdd to un-packing the cab files manually.....nothing works!

I've got two dvd retail versions(one for each pc) and I've tried both out on the w2k machine and still no joy.....so it's not the disc at fault!

Please help if you can.....somebody must have solved this by now for sure!

Thanx in advance!

are you selecting to install both counter-strike and half-life? that's the fix.

or you could install via steam online and still use your retail key.

yep that was the very first thing I tried.....I'm gonna d/l it from steam to see if that works for me!

Theres gotta be a solution to this problem, I payed for 2 retail dvd's.....so if I've gotta d/l everytime I want a fresh install then whats the point in buying retail disc anyway?

Also Valve support sux to the point of I WON'T buy another one of their products EVER.....I've not even got a response from them yet.....How lame is that!

I had the same problem - swapped CD drives, returned the game to the shop, got a stupid reply from Valve and I finally tracked down the problem to some faulty RAM. Swapped that out and problem solved. You can test yours easily by using the free memory test from microsoft - go to the website www.microsoft.com and search for memory test and follow the instructions.

good luck

Back