God of War II GDC vid leaked!!!

Awesome :)

Never played the original though, I guess I'm missing out.

Holy shit.
That looks incredible, the gryphon was a nice touch.

I never played the first one. I wish it'd come out on xbox.

destrukt said:
.. is that really ps2 ?
Yup. These guys have such a tremendous grasp of the hardware (finally) that one has to wonder why exactly the "next-gen" is being pushed so hard. The current generation still has the power to "wow" audiences. (The answer, of course, is Microsoft, but that is another tale for another time.)

IMHO looks impressive but thats about it I highly doubt youll be able to cut off Gryphon wings mid flight like that; seems scripted. Also gameplay looks kind of boring after killing monsters n just hopping around, but what do I know i dont have a ps2 :p

awesome, still brutal as hell Kratos is such a badass, these devs really know how to puch the ps2...

Raziaar said:
I never played the first one. I wish it'd come out on xbox.

Ya i know. Im going to buy God of War and Shadow of colossus near ps3 release. So i can play them on the ps3.

nofx said:
IMHO looks impressive but thats about it I highly doubt youll be able to cut off Gryphon wings mid flight like that; seems scripted. Also gameplay looks kind of boring after killing monsters n just hopping around, but what do I know i dont have a ps2 :p
In the first GoW you were able to do stuff like this on the bosses by preforming little "mini-games" (basicly pressing a combination of buttons that appear on screen and Kratos would do an awsome move).

And although it may seem like it might get boring, the puzzles and the overall "coolness" of GoW made it fun throughout the entire game. Defiantly rent GoW for few days and beat it.

Pure shit. Well, pretty backgrounds.

I hated God of War 1 and I'm most certainly going to hate God of War 2. I can't believe anyone would like a game where you just run up to bad guy after bad guy, swinging your uh, fiery hooks in the same god damn combination attack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and then climb on top of the guy for some pre animated sequence followed by pressing X over and over and over and over and over and over and over until you're red in the face.... Grade F. F-ck this horrible game. But you guys have fun! :)

Glo-Boy said:

I hated God of War 1 and I'm most certainly going to hate God of War 2. I can't believe anyone would like a game where you just run up to bad guy after bad guy, swinging your uh, fiery hooks in the same god damn combination attack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and then climb on top of the guy for some pre animated sequence followed by pressing X over and over and over and over and over and over and over until you're red in the face.... Grade F. F-ck this horrible game. But you guys have fun! :)
well, isnt that what all action games are? running up to bad guy after bad guy and hitting the same buttons over and over again?

This game looks impressive for a PS2, even looks good by todays expectations. Man that damned PS2 just won't go away! lol

But anyway, If this is PS2, I can't wait to see the type of games that come out for the next gen systems in their final years.

Glo-Boy said:

Aww, same combination? Half of the fun was creating crazy new combos flowing from enemy to enemy in every fight.

Back