Going Matrix Revolutions on our asses?

digsy

Reaction score
I was watching the E3 Video just now, and in the beginning scene with the Gman, "Wake up and smell the ashes" etc.. There is what appears to be the lab/chamber where the resonance cascade occurs from HL1 in the background. So either we are going back to black mesa at some point, or the Gman is gonna go all Matrix Revolutions on our asses! What you guys think?

Attachments

• Gman.jpg
    Gman.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 462
I think valve are saying "Look we've redone HL1 in source!"

Noticed it the first time i watched it, and they anounced they'd redone a lot of HL1 stuff in source.

digsy said:
I was watching the E3 Video just now, and in the beginning scene with the Gman, "Wake up and smell the ashes" etc.. There is what appears to be the lab/chamber where the resonance cascade occurs from HL1 in the background. So either we are going back to black mesa at some point, or the Gman is gonna go all Matrix Revolutions on our asses! What you guys think?

Uh, what does "going matrix revolutions on us" mean exactly?

It looks exactly the same as it did in Half-Life 1 so I think it was just put in there for effect. A kind of flash back.

Dark Auro said:

Didn't you see the part where they went to Black Mesa?

Dark Auro said:

What I meant was it's not going to have any of those story lines that's meant to appeal to the 'intellectual' in all of us and fail miserably. As in symbolism between good and evil and all that twoddle. Maybe Gordon is the one? :eek:

It reminds me of a moment in Half-Life 1, right at the end when your standing at that last massive red teleporter which takes you straight to Nihilinth.. when you stand next to the big alter you can hear the voices from all the conversations throughout the game echoing around the place, its eerie, reminds u just how far back the test chamber is! lol

what does that have to do with the matrix revolutions?

Do you mean Gordon going back to black mesa would be like Neo going to the Machine city?

I was just saying I hope it doesn't turn into some extravagant looping storyline of some sort like in the Matrix. Let's keep it Hollywood: Gordon wins and ends up cleaning his shoes with the Gman's underpants.

digsy said:
...or the Gman is gonna go all Matrix Revolutions on our asses! What you guys think?
You mean he's going to ruin one of the coolest sci-fi movie franchises ever made by trying to cash-in with two lack-luster sequels?

....I don't see how you could come to this sort of conclusion from the G-man scene in the first place...

And let's keep the matrix opinions out of it. Those sort of threads almost get as ugly as religious discussion.

Mountain Man said:
You mean he's going to ruin one of the coolest sci-fi movie franchises ever made by trying to cash-in with two lack-luster sequels?

That pretty much what going Matrix Revolutions means to me too.

Mountain Man said:

Hit the nail on the head there.... I would probably have used words a little harsher than 'lack-lustre' though ;)

digsy said:
Let's keep it Hollywood: Gordon wins and ends up cleaning his shoes with the Gman's underpants.
I dunno if that was meant to be funny, cause it really isn't and it's downright stupid. :x

I loved the matrix reloaded and revolutions :dozey:

Mountain Man said:

Yeah thats what im thinking.

FoB_Ed said:

i thought they were crap compared to first movie

Man, if he wakes up and realizes this is a dream, and that Judith chick is his wife, I'm going to be majorly PISSED OFF!

:p :E

FoB_Ed said:
Me too. Interesting story and some of the most spectacular special effects I've ever seen.

Arno said:
Me too. Interesting story and some of the most spectacular special effects I've ever seen.

Me too too.

:E

Gordon = Neo
G-man = Mr Smith
Alex = Trinity
Alex's Father = Morphuse
Breen = Architect
City17 = Zion

that would be the most interesting Movie ever made.

It was just a flashback as Gordon "wakes up", and an effect they threw in. Don't look into it too much.

^ What he said. ^

Black Mesa was just the last thing Gordon remembers, so they added some cool BMRF stuff on the background.

Does anyone know if the E3 footage of the G-Man is the actual beginning of the game? Would be pretty cool, the first thing you see when you wake up is him, and suddenly you're on a trainstation.

Yeh would tie in nicely as the Gman is the last thing you see in HL1.

PvtRyan said:
^ What he said. ^

Black Mesa was just the last thing Gordon remembers, so they added some cool BMRF stuff on the background.

Does anyone know if the E3 footage of the G-Man is the actual beginning of the game? Would be pretty cool, the first thing you see when you wake up is him, and suddenly you're on a trainstation.
It's probably the start, but might be cleaned up a bit. Hopefully they do away with the model render effects cause they don't work too well. I would have thought being DX9 capable they'd have used some fancy looking shader instead of just a basic HL1 style render effect.

The first Matrix movie wos 10x better then the 2nd and 3rd put together imo

Ide break my computer if it wos all a dream, only dreams i want in HL2 r Gordons dream about Dr.Mossman or Alyx.....or both....:p

Dr Breen looks very muck like the Architect aswell

Back